Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

ajFarmer

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by ajFarmer »

I used the base game model for in game Fermenting Silo Mod and accidently duplicated the occluder mesh.
Its fixed and I will resubmit.

Thanks for the patience
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

To All:

While I have the map back in my hands, I needed some input regarding train contract missions.
I have the train set up to be include in the contracts.
I noticed on another thread regarding another map the train would get stuck off map during contracts and never restart.
I have not had any problems with the limited testing in that regard.
I has anyone had problems with missions on other maps including past Elmcreek versions?

I noticed on Elmcreek Giants has allowMissions="false" in sellingStationTrain.xml
I have mine set to allowMissions="true"

This is what concerns me, It seems they axed the contracts for trains for a reason.
ralgith

Post by ralgith »

ajFarmer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:52 pm To All:

While I have the map back in my hands, I needed some input regarding train contract missions.
I have the train set up to be include in the contracts.
I noticed on another thread regarding another map the train would get stuck off map during contracts and never restart.
I have not had any problems with the limited testing in that regard.
I has anyone had problems with missions on other maps including past Elmcreek versions?

I noticed on Elmcreek Giants has allowMissions="false" in sellingStationTrain.xml
I have mine set to allowMissions="true"

This is what concerns me, It seems they axed the contracts for trains for a reason.
I've never had any issues with it as long as I'm not trying to send non-contract products on the train at the same time. In fact, I've edited a few maps to turn that flag to true for my own use.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

AJ, I've played mostly Elm Creek and Frankenmuth. My only real complaint with "train" missions was that early on, EVERY harvest contract was a "train" delivery, and there was no overage for me to keep or sell at the end. The mapper patched that and I've no issues since. (Actually, I've had almost no contracts since, but that is a whole other can of (Giant) worms...) I don't mind running harvest contracts to the train, just not all of them if there are other sell points, and lately I've wanted to keep the overage to run through the seed treating mod for my own farm.
Old fat guy with a day job...
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Thanks for the feedback
I will keep the train contracts active
There is the grain mill that also accepts contracts so you should have multiple options.
Although the grain mill does not have every crop like the train. I wanted to add a little realism to the map.
Dumping 500000 liters of wheat at farmers market was immersive breaking.
Also the price scale for train and grain mill contracts are equal. I did not like the train always being the best option for selling. Train silo also holds 1,000,000 liters
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

All errors have been corrected and map resubmitted to Giants.

ARGSY GAMING Is doing a YouTube live stream now on the map if anyone would like to watch.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

I'm looking for a new US based map to play a small family farm situation with old small equipment. Would this map fit that? Argsy's video really didn't show the smaller farm areas.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@DanL58
There is nice old run down farm lot in town that would be great for starting out small. There is also lots of land to the North of map that is not developed and partitioned off for smaller farming.

I believe you will find a area you can call home on the map. My main objective in setting up the map was to cover all play styles.

Not sure if you watched the stream or preview. The preview is more in-depth.

Preview link https://youtu.be/GQKcVF8TVjw
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Thanks, sounds like what I was looking for. Look forward to playing it.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@DanL58
Welcome to the thread

FYI your play style is how I like to play, so I think you will be happy with the setups. I start off small with dreams of moving up to main farm or the undeveloped farmland high up on the hill across from the grain mill.
The farmland across from grain mill would be perfect for vineyard set up, hence the French style home I placed there ready to be turned into a proper farm.
This ground is a little pricey however the wealthy French madam that lives there does not want to sell cheap.

More info:
Posey County we’re Griffin is located is actually home to several small vineyards. Southern Indiana is home to a few upper end vineyards that produce top shelf wines. So not unrealistic to farm grapes in the region.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

"wealthy French madam that lives there does not want to sell cheap" Hmm, wonder what kind contracts she will have. 😀
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Only grass contracts😂
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

madame de l'herbe peut-être
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

I was watching the preview that Argsy put out with my son and we both said the same thing about vineyards at the house on the hill. Oddly enough I'm more of a logger than a farmer and logged off Griffin 19 more than once but I am actually looking forward to farming this one with my older smaller machinery. I will probably start out on the farm just down the road from the sawmill and livestock dealer. I do have a dumb question as my son and I will probably be playing multiplayer and be extremely broke starting out. What happens if you both use the train storage. Can you only get your crops out or can you take everyone's crops out? Beautiful map by the way.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Ag Hauler-
No such thing as a dumb question.
I honestly have know ideal what will happen. I have no experience with that situation nor did I test that.
I would assume anyone in your farm circle could use it
Maybe someone can chime in and answer that?
The train storage uses all vanilla files from Elmcreek, the only thing I changed was capacity to 1,000,000 liters

Edit:
Before I resubmitted map I added few more small farmlands to help with Start from scratchers'
One of them happens to be part of the Dedicated Forestry farmlands, so this should help your start small and broke logging operation.
It cost around 42k and has good selection of trees.

I also added silos to two of the Auxiliary farms that are only usable if you purchase the land, This made it more realistic looking.