Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Miketeg

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by Miketeg »

With MaizePlus now launched, Alfalfa and Clover are now a need to have on any maps! Hope you'll soon find time to add those!

Barley straw can add realism too, but not as much as the two crops above!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

Hi, AJ

First thing is man I appreciate the speedy response.

I completely understand the situation with the bug fixing and all like 100% if it ain’t working for folks that’s gotta take precedent right there.
Glad the crops are under consideration.
As the majority landowner in the town, ain’t no town council gonna stand against me I got me a John Dutton grip on affairs so I’ll be calling time on that ballpark.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Ok so I used the train for the first time to sell the soy harvest and really got to appreciate it. A train with more than 5 cars.. no... A FULL LENGTH (by fs standards) TRAIN! I did have what I hope is a minor request. Would it be possible to add crossing signals (not the gates, just the lights and bell) at the other intersections? In Illinois that has become the standard for safety reasons and earlier I learned why. Stopped at the crossing, looked both ways but was in a bit of a blind spot. Pulled forward and wouldn't you know it, that giant train took its frustrations about being a train out on my poor tractor and bale trailer. I have the mod that turns the lights on early but there are no lights lol. It's such a minor thing so don't put yourself out over it but if it is an easy change, it would me a welcomed one.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

The side streets it is much more difficult to tell of the trains coming. But my main worry has been, what happens when, not if, but when the ai gets to those crossings and a train is coming? I'm guessing grieve my lost implements and or rig and head to the store lol
FTF
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

My AI has been hit by the train lol. No different than if you or I get smacked
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Question for ya guys - not sure if this is map specific or mod specific.

I went to accept a wheat harvesting contract, and noticed that it was going to Mt. Vernon, so I saved my game, backed out and downloaded the "Better Contracts mod so I could tell how much wheat I needed to send to complete the contract, and keep the extra... Here's my question. When I initially saw the contract, it was providing me a Claas harvester and a Claas grain head. After installing "better contracts", I went back into the game and the available equipment was a JD harvester......with a JD CORN head....for a wheat contract. I backed out and disabled the mod, and the original equipment was back.

Now, I'll assume it's a conflict between the Better Contracts mod and something else, but has anyone else had this issue on any other map?
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

better contracts mod changes the vehicles provided for contracts and so do some other contract mods. do you have any other mods that change contacts enabled?
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

coleislazy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:42 pm better contracts mod changes the vehicles provided for contracts and so do some other contract mods. do you have any other mods that change contacts enabled?
I do not. If it's a Better Contracts issue, we can leave it alone..this isn't the thread for it! I was just trying to rule out that it was a Griffin issue.

Thanks!
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
Mmtrx

Post by Mmtrx »

I can confirm BetterContracts issue: the mod is not „save safe“, because it adds extra vehicle combos for possible contracts. The Game keeps those in several lists, for different field sizes and work types.
Now in a savegame file (missions.xml), it only records the index into one of those lists, not the vehicles themselves. And that can have been changed by BetterContracts.

Therefore you should not use the same savegame with and without the mod 🤓
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

@ajFarmer
I know you spent quite a lot of time working on the map lighting but you should really try Relight, wow. Might have to turn off Additional Game Settings to get the full effect.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I have a question. May be it is something I have missed in this thread but I’m on my 3rd year and I never got a seeding/planting contract so far.
I’m on PS5 so my mod options are limited compared to PC. So I’m not sure if this a mod conflict or an issue with the map. I’m running precision farming though. Anybody have any ideas?
Last edited by RODHA on Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@PrincessJessi84- Sorry, probably not going to add lights to those crossings for aesthetic reasons. The lights and barrier on main street come on a little earlier they way its set up so you should not need to have the mod to make them come on earlier. It seems like there is plenty of time now. You can also check the mini map to spot train. I could add a invisible bearer but I personally have never been close to being hit yet. I kind of like the thrill of the crossing. You can can always take main street if your scared :lol:

@Honkyfarmer_v1010- The Ai should stop if train is through intersection, But if they meet at same time its not going to end well.

@DanL58- I will check the Relight mod out. If I decide to use it I will ask the author for permission first before I copy it into the map. I think its the polite thing to do. This would allow Console players to experience it if its built in

@RODHA- Its most defiantly a mod conflict but not sure which one. Map is completely bug free with no mods. Hopefully you can narrow it down
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks AJ :hi: At least I’m now sure that it is a mod conflict.
PS5 / FS22
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

SAVE SAFE UPDATE 1.2.0.0
Release Date:

Notes:Looks like it will be next week finally if all goes well
Thanks to all for the patience

Changelog 1.2.0.0:
-Fixed visual pedestrian head visible above ground by Laundromat while walking
-Fixed Larson's Manure Buying station to allow filling of manure spreaders and all trailers
-Fixed can not sell corner house lot West of baseball field after purchase
-Fixed visual light from lanterns still visible regardless of seasonal changes
-Fixed visual compressed trigger icon at water tower fill station
-Fixed missing snow mask under gas station awning
-Fixed missing asphalt terrain painting texture
-Fixed border collision
-Changed various buying stations accepted products
-Changed code in sellingStationTrain.xml to alleviate mod conflicts with train contracts
-Changed train cars to ease loading and increased fill capacity to 1.71 million liters
-Changed GW Elevator Storage Silo to 10 Million liters, Storage fee remained unchanged at .005 per 1000 liters
-Changed Fermenting Silo Mod input/output order for better viewing in Production Menu
-Changed foliage and terrain around Farmers Market grate
-Changed wall and utility pole position intersection of Main St. and Larson's Animal Dealer road
-Changed made adjustments to dealership vehicle spawn and fenceing to add more space
-Added Potato and Sugar beet to Larson's Livestock Buying Station
-Added Cotton to Farmers Market
-Added Canola, Soybeans, Sunflowers, and Maize to Farmers Market
-Added Contracts to Farmers Market
-Added Contracts to Spinnery
-Removed siren sound from downtown
NOTES:
-SAVE SAFE UPDATE
-Fix for corner lot by baseball field only takes effect on New Save
-Foliage and terrain changes around Farmers Market Grate only take effect on New Save
-Train car changes only take effect on New Save
-WARNING Baling contracts to Mount Vernon, Ill via Train should NOT be generating
-WARNING DO NOT except any bale contracts including cotton to Mount Vernon, Ill via Train
JKeller Farming

Post by JKeller Farming »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:23 am Ok so I used the train for the first time to sell the soy harvest and really got to appreciate it. A train with more than 5 cars.. no... A FULL LENGTH (by fs standards) TRAIN! I did have what I hope is a minor request. Would it be possible to add crossing signals (not the gates, just the lights and bell) at the other intersections? In Illinois that has become the standard for safety reasons and earlier I learned why. Stopped at the crossing, looked both ways but was in a bit of a blind spot. Pulled forward and wouldn't you know it, that giant train took its frustrations about being a train out on my poor tractor and bale trailer. I have the mod that turns the lights on early but there are no lights lol. It's such a minor thing so don't put yourself out over it but if it is an easy change, it would me a welcomed one.
It would be nice, even if it was an old fashioned wigwag. I did a contract on the field north of the westernmost unguarded field crossing and it was a bit nervous even after getting out and checking for a train. In my part of Illinois (central) there are mostly stop signs on posts in rural crossings.
Just a desktop farmer living the life in Griffin, IN