Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

wheelmansteve

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by wheelmansteve »

Yep, I did. Thanks for all of your support, as always!
Old fat guy with a day job...
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

AJ, Ithink I need some help.

I'm on PS5 and updated the map to 1.2. I didn't start a new save and continued with my existing one.

This is the second time I get the below image when I want to quit the map to the main FS menu. This image shows up and the game crashes. Only way I can close the game is from the Playstation menu at this point. It didn't corrupt my save, yet! But I'm not sure if I should keep playing like that. And also I have no idea at this point if this has anything to do with a mod conflict. Bare in mind that I'm not a mod hoarder. I just install the mods I use. Not everything.

Please let me know if there is a way I can help you to better understand the issue :hi:
PS5 / FS22
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

that is the view you get from location 0, 0, 0, so i would try disabling any mod that has to do with player position or teleportation, if you have any. i would also suggest starting a new game with no mods and seeing if you have the same problem.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@RODHA- coleislazy is correct on the 0,0,0 that means your player is positioned there upon exiting game but your falling for eternity because there is nothing to land on. So the game can not close properly.
I am positive its not update related, and it may not even be mod related. I have had that happen before a long time ago myself. Switch to different vehicles or exit vehicle before save. If that does not fix it disable all mods at start up/enter save/then save. Keep us posted.
I would not worry about corrupting save, I don't believe it is permanent.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Im having significant fps drops near forest areas around meadows in upper part of the map. My fps plumets from 60 to 30 or lower when i get closer and closer to those areas. You structured and grouped trees in a clean way. Is the only fix for me to unfortunately manualy delete tree groups in that area to make the forest thinner? Or is there a specific type of tree that is causing to so maybe that tree can be replaced with an empty transform using replace command in ge?
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@njuska11- That is unfortunate your having FPS drops. I have not experienced them myself but my system is rather beefy. I don't know of a specific tree that would cause it.
You can thin them as you described or open the map i3d in a good text editor like Notepad++ and remove them that way as well. The only problem with the next editor method is you don't know were there at. I only mentioned text editor because a lot of people don't know about that method.

Do you still get FPS drops on New Save with No mods? Having lot of PC script mods installed or poorly optimized mods can cause a lot of load for your CPU which in turn bottle necks your system and no matter your graphics hardware will cause the game to come to a crawl.

Please check that first and report back, Thanks

Edit: In my No Mod testing set up I get average 120fps and sometimes over 140fps. In the town and forest I get around 90fps
I believe the willow trees are the most detailed but I did try to limit those in the forest areas
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

After long and careful consideration (OK, a quick 10 mile bike ride and a Hardywood Pils...) I decided to press pause on my promising 1-year-in save and start another on 1.2 to take advantage of AJ's updates. There were enough things I wanted to do differently I decided to go for it. On my previous save, I had greenhouses on 4 different small lots in town, and it was just sloppy. This time, I used the big oblong lot with the fence south of the tracks to set up my hothouse operation- much cleaner, and the gate setup creates a nice drivethrough. You can fit a LOT of greenhouses in there! I set them up to sell initially, and typically add a warehouse as funds allow. I picked up the small corner farm (Field 20?) and the NW-most of the "Four Corners" fields, both in mature Canola, and I'm off and running. Light on equipment- a TLX 3500 with a dump body (the 12k size will service four greenhouses per fill) and a tank body to service the hothouse complex, and an 8S 265 for all around stuff. I typically lease implements until I have enough land to support bigger stuff but I hate paying to keep a tractor parked. I'm left with about $180k in working capital to get things rolling. Should be fun!
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Utilizing the place anywhere feature to put placeables in unowned land, then EDC to reimburse building costs, I've put down a few decorative buildings in empty lots around town with sell points to add diversity in selling. I've noticed since doing that, not all my contracts go to the train anymore.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@DMZ Commander- Did you upgrade to 1.2.0.0 ?
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I did.....previously removed the grass by the farmers market so it wouldn't cut through the dump station....no issues so far with the update on the old save
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ajFarmer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:35 pm I have had that happen before a long time ago myself. Switch to different vehicles or exit vehicle before save.
Thank you very much for your concern AJ :hi: I confirm that exiting the vehicle before quiting the game actually solved the problem. However, I also started to get the game carshes completley ramdomly. Sometimes while I'm standing still, doing nothing. Sometimes even when I was in the menu and doing nothing. So, I also deleted the "teleport device" mod based on coleislazy's and your advice. I hope the issue will be solved.
coleislazy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 pm that is the view you get from location 0, 0, 0, so i would try disabling any mod that has to do with player position or teleportation, if you have any. i would also suggest starting a new game with no mods and seeing if you have the same problem.
Thanks a lot mate :hi: That was really quite helpful. I think "teleport device" mod might be the cause. But we will see.
PS5 / FS22
Enitan

Post by Enitan »

ajFarmer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:42 pm @DMZ Commander- Did you upgrade to 1.2.0.0 ?

Sorry for a random quote post. I couldn’t find the update post.

1.2 update on console is much better coming up the main road and down it with collisions. There’s still a lot of random spots though where if you skirt the curbs with the wheels trying to avoid traffic it’ll collide hard and send you into some pretty crazy flips. I just spent 20 or so min with traffic off running 20-40mph seems to be only when you scrub the curb with your vehicle or trailer that it ends up like side swiping a tree or vehicle. You’ll either Jack knife with a trailer or no trailer your vehicle will roll like mad.

It’s not as much as before and occurs with traffic on and off. Appreciate ya and all the time you’ve put into this wonderful map.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

hello, have been playing calmsden and attingham park. now i am at the night of first day at griffin. i can't find anyplace to sleep. i managed to buy field 20 but there is no icon to sleep there. nice map though. i don't use any of the downloads and don't borrow any money.
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Chaskuchar1, I use Field 20 as well. Just put this on the porch.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

thanks wheelmansteve. i found that in farmhouses. now i bought hh milling to try to get a place to sleep. how do i sell it now? thanks
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode