Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Honkyfarmer_v1010

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Beanbrother wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:33 pm I feel like my biggest request if we are allowed to have them would be the ability to have AI workers move around with ease. send them to the dealer. Have them all grain all day. I guess I’m saying limit the obstacles and make the corners easy for them. Really enjoy the map on 19 and now with the AI ability should be even better
Agree, otherwise this will be the third map that I cant use ai driving
FTF
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

The map has functioning Ai splines, I am still tweaking them to get the best results. The games Ai can be a bit wonky at times but defiantly better then nothing. At one of my stations after unloading on a loop deliver assignment the Ai will drive thru a field rather then drive back on the multi directional traffic spline that it used to get there.

I have another question to add to list
#9 Should you be able to unload directly from trailer at production product buying stations
I believe vanilla method is you must place Items on the ground
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Hopefully you can get the ai driving where it needs to be so it's useful. I cant go back to hauling every load to sell myself......I wont lol. I would have settled for a " follow me" feature that can be set to repeat.
FTF
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

This might be minor, but on a couple of maps I am playing, I cannot remove the snow at the road edge to my own field approaches. I can clear snow on the property itself, but when I get to the road, the ridge of snow at the edge of the road cannot be removed. On the maps in question, there is no snow on the roads. I have a bunch of greenhouses and a pallet facility on a field on one map, and after a few days of snow you almost can't get a truck over the ridge to load pallets even if the yard has been cleared. I know I could clear snow from anywhere on Griff19. Not sure if that is a snow mask issue or the property edge, or even something you can control.
Still can't wait for this map- but take all the time you need, my friend!
Old fat guy with a day job...
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@wheelmansteve-
I say that's a big problem rather then minor. I believe its related to farmland ownership. GRIN19 you could by all property in town including roads for a $1. On GRIN22 I was not planning on having roads buyable but will probably need to change that. I will make all of the roads buyable for a $1 to remedy this. However On GRIN22 you will need to buy lots in town individually. I did this more for support of the new productions.
and for role play. Give you something to spend that hard earned money on and be the towns real-estate mogul.

I don't want to call out another map maker, so please private message me on the map your having problems with and the farmland number in question. This will help me confirm the issue and speed up testing.

Thank you for letting me know. Info like this is what helps to make a great map.

Edit: Also by making the roads all buyable you can stay busy plowing them in the off season, I was not planning on having a snow mask on them so it will cover them
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Message sent. I also did not want to knock another's map, particularly as I'm still really enjoying it. Thanks for your engagement with all of us needy pixel farmers.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

Wow I'm glad to see this coming to 22. I loved the map in 19 and it was one I spent a lot of time on. Ironically I broke down on I-64 coming past Griffin about 2 weeks ago and was telling the guy with me that most of what I knew of where we were came from your FS19 map. I second most of what Mr Chedley had to say but especially the part about semi truck accessibility. That was really my only issue with the 19 version. I am actually more of a logger than a farmer and would build a sawmill in that flat place at the intersection by the small farm.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Ag Hauler-

I am glad the map helped you out with real world navigation, I guess it is fairly accurate.
Being a logger what are your thoughts on below question?

#2 What built in Production Points would you like to see? from page 1 post 1 of this thread.
I am on the fence on keeping carpenter building on the map. I kind of like to let the player decide were they want it, and if I ditch it I was thinking of allowing "BOARDS" (sawmill output) to be sold at farmers market.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Wish there was a way to not have snow on roads. That is one aspect I dislike is plowing all the roads.
FTF
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

There is Elm Creek doesn't have snow on its roads, snow area is controlled by the info layer indoor mask using its outdoor setting
Honkyfarmer_v1010

TheSuBBie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:25 pm There is Elm Creek doesn't have snow on its roads, snow area is controlled by the info layer indoor mask using its outdoor setting
Sorry, I mean in this map. Aj said about having plowable snow on all the roads. I prefer Elmcreek style snow but I do like the contracts for plowing business for money, just not all the roads
FTF
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Honkyfarmer_v1010
I plan to snow mask main roads including road to main farm, I will leave side roads unmasked for plowing.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

@ajFarmer

I must have missed that and thought it was going to be all roads need plowed like 19 was. At this point map is sounding perfect!

Thanks for the transparency and open dialogue!!
FTF
Honkyfarmer_v1010

@ajFarmer

I must have missed that and thought it was going to be all roads need plowed like 19 was. At this point map is sounding perfect!

FTF
Honkyfarmer_v1010

@ajFarmer

FTF