Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

ajFarmer

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by ajFarmer »

I got another question needing input.

#10 Should I increase Farmland cost per Hector Acre?
Vanilla Elmcreek settings are $60,000 per HA and priceScale="1"
I have majority of farmland (arable) at $60,000 per HA and priceScale="1"
The farmlands with auxiliary farms and usable buildings are priceScale="1.1" to priceScale="1.3"
In town house lots are priceScale="2" to priceScale="6" depends on how nice the house is
In town production lots are priceScale="2"
I also have couple starter Lots/farmlands at priceScale="0.8"
Baseball field is priceScale="20" cost around 2.5 million
I personally don't want to lower it, But was wandering what everyone's thoughts were on it
I know it can be easy to make money even on HARD, So thought about increasing price per HA to help slow game pace down. Although buying baseball field and all the individual lots in town for roleplay would take some time to pull off.
Thoughts?

Please Refer to post 1 page 1 for full list of Feedback questions
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Hope you're not waiting on us. For myself, land price has never been an obstacle. Higher is fine- as you noted income is manageable regardless of difficulty.
Old fat guy with a day job...
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

I'm inclined to agree with wheelmansteve. Land price isn't ever an obstacle. Worst comes to worse, PC players can edit the XML to adjust the land price to meet their needs....and console players can use the gov't subsidy mod to get to where they want to be. I for one, enjoy playing the map how the map maker intended it to be played..it's part of the realism for me. If I'm a real farmer and move to a new area, I pay the land prices that the area dictates, I don't get to decide how much I pay for a plot of land...the person selling it decides that...I can either pay that amount, or not buy it..seems simple.

You could make the baseball field 25 million and it wouldn't bother ME, because I'm never going to buy it :)

I am so excited for this map to come out. Fingers crossed for a speedy testing from Giants and a pass on the first go-around!

Thanks for bringing this bad boy back to FS, I can't wait!
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Thanks everyone for all the feedback
I am in the final stages of testing and plan to submit the map to Giants this Sunday evening to get it on there list.
I am optimistic that it will pass first go, but I have been surprised before.
I also want to thank TheSuBBie for providing me with information on how the Ai works.
The Ai has a problem delivering wood chips to the new campground area with certain trailers. I am still working it out.
The only other AI problem spot is the BGA yard does not have enough turning area after trailer is unloaded and they get stuck on return loop. I am also trying to remedy this, although its difficult without increasing yard size and I really don't want to cut into the field that surrounds it. I will keep you posted on progress
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Awesome news! I promise to wait patiently...
Old fat guy with a day job...
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Very excited for this map to come back
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Glad to hear it sounds like you put effort into the AI driving. That's been a sticking point for me on mod maps. Looking forward to going back to Indiana
FTF
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

ajFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:50 pm @Ag Hauler-

I am glad the map helped you out with real world navigation, I guess it is fairly accurate.
Being a logger what are your thoughts on below question?

#2 What built in Production Points would you like to see? from page 1 post 1 of this thread.
I am on the fence on keeping carpenter building on the map. I kind of like to let the player decide were they want it, and if I ditch it I was thinking of allowing "BOARDS" (sawmill output) to be sold at farmers market.
I'm sorry to be so late getting back to you on this as I just saw it. I personally like to have two board sell points on a map for some competition and a sawmill to sell my logs to in the initial stages. I will generally log until I can get enough money to build a sawmill. As long as I have a place to do that I'm good. One thing that I definitely need is a small lot in town to put down the wholesale sell point as I use the modded sawmill from Zoddelzocket on the Modhub. On the 19 version I would clear up the town lots you had and build it there. I like to have a little travel time between points so I will start at a forest on one side of the map and build a sawmill on the other side generally. You had several places that were good for this on the 19 version but I generally built a timber complex at the small farm in at the intersection going to the main farm just out of town. I have tons of pictures posted on AEM if you want a reference. In my opinion this was one of the absolute best all around maps for 19 and I'm glad to see it's return. Also on a side note I have a real life logging and sawmill operation and when I do the FS logging I also tend to log with a chainsaw and skidder versus the in game harvester's like we actually do in this area. Generally I will spend the weekend's playing multiplayer with my son and sometimes one of my daughter's. My daughter's always want to have a farm with horses and my son will almost always just want to log. I will have a sawmill and a small farming operation and buy my son's logs to run the sawmill. We have hours of fun doing this and your map provides the perfect mix that is close to home.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Ag Hauler-
Think you for your feedback
There are a 7 empty Production Lots in town and 1 old auxiliary farm in town. And almost all land on the map is Buyable as well (104 Farmlands Total), So you should not have a problem finding the perfect spot.

Giving what you talked about I plan to remove Carpenter Production Point and add "BOARDS" to Farmers Market for Selling. I will Set the price for boards at Farmers Market to priceScale="0.8" vs priceScale="1" at the Carpenter Production Point. This will give you the incentive to build Carpenter Production Point and give you freedom to place were you want. The Saw Mill is in same place as GRIN19. The land the Carpenter Production Point Currently sits on will be Buyable.

I also did not like the location I put the carpenter as it seems out of place behind the Shopping Center, but I did not what to impede on the empty lots I have made available. Please let me know if this works ASAP as I what to submit map to Giants Sunday evening.

Current Carpenter Production Point Location in Spoiler
@Everyone-
I am still would like some feedback regarding
#9 Should you be able to unload directly from trailer at production product buying stations

Vanilla trigger, You need to remove pallets from trailer and place on ground. Although more challenging you have to have a loader or super strength to do this. I like the Ideal of driving up and trigger is tall enough to unload, It is more realistic in my opinion.
Before I change I would love to have input, Thank You.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I like just unloading from the trailer, so have the trigger tall enough, but what ever you decide will be fine.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

FYI
For all you Hardcore $0 start junkies' out there myself included, There are 2 small buyable lots in the New Campground to place a sleep trigger mod on. One empty spot and one Trailer site. There is also a small spot in front of the janky motel. These lots are difficult to spot on the PDA , you have to click around on PDA for them.
I went to great lengths to make the map as sandbox friendly as possible so I hope you will all enjoy!
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

It looks good to me. If you look around you will find most production points in real are a block or so off of the main drag which seems to consist of commercial sales points in any small town. I'm just looking forward to seeing this one come back out. It seems everything is being done up quite nicely.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Ag Hauler-
I forgot to mention you can load Train and sell Logs to Mt Vernon, Illinois
Jason77

Post by Jason77 »

By far my favorite map in '19. Thank you AJ for your hard work!
Hoping Giants pushes it through fast and doing a $0 start next weekend.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Update:
Sorry I was not able to submit map to Giants Last night.
After a long night of testing and making adjustments mainly for the Ai I decided to completely rebuild BGA/Utility Area to make Ai pathing work.
I just could not submit it knowing I could fix it.
The BGA/Utility Area was one of the first areas I laid down prior to understanding the Ai pathing and it was horrible.
It was also the last area to have pathing problems, Yeah!
I am extremely happy with the new results and will submit tonight, The wife gave me a ultimatum so it will happen :lol:

Also for you mapmakers out there or anyone who uses the in game editor to make roads using textures, gravel, asphalt etc.
Make sure to keep the width no wider then 3 spaces. Any wider and the Ai drives from one edge to the other in a zigzag pattern.
If your making a map in the editor a spline solves this, but in some cases like in between fields were the player may combine/plow to create field or any other ground work this is not advisable.

I will keep you posted when I submit tonight.