Giants Please have Modders post the HP requirement for implements

Sneaks

Giants Please have Modders post the HP requirement for implements

Post by Sneaks »

It would be very nice if the HP requirement was posted in the description for all implements. I was trying to find a plow that would work with a 50 HP tractor. but had to download half a dozen mods until i found one that was under 50 HP... and it's like that for other implements too. You really need to have the HP requirement in the description of all mods....
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
humbe

Re: Giants Please have Modders post the HP requirement for implements

Post by humbe »

I do agree the information available of mods in modhub prior to download could be much better, but as a mod can contain a lot of different stuff it's not that easy..

Would be nice if you could go into details in mod description and find a list of placeables, vehicles and equipment that are included in the mod and see some details of those though. What I find worse is then a mod hardcode keybindings (that then don't end up in keybinding list) and don't even specify which key they have hardcoded..
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I agree, also. It’s especially difficult when just starting a farm. 👩🏻‍🌾
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Strange, when I look at modhub on pc, I just checked the last 10 plows added, they all have the HP requirements in the description.

I remember when I was playing on console the description sometimes doesn't show in the ingame modhub.
SimulatedFarmer

The descriptions are showing on the Xbox modhub. Most of the mods DO have the HP, but there are enough that don’t that makes buying tractors a little dicey in the beginning. I’ve just started deleting them and I give a lower rating.
MrMarcel5
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by MrMarcel5 »

Hi,

we actually made Guideline changes, to solve problems like this, a few months ago.
For example the required horsepower, working width and other relevant informations are mandatory now.

To keep it fair this only applies to newly submitted mods, so older mods may not have such informations in their descriptions.

Quote from the Guideline Document:

"Following Template should be used to describe your mods, the options listed are the minimum
requirement (where applicable)

Vehicle- / Equipment Mods

modTitle should be formatted in example: BRAND VEHICLETYPE e.g., Fendt Vario 700X
Shop Category: (Example “Medium Tractors”)
Price: <en> $, <de> € (other languages should display their native currency or "$")
Engine Power: <en> [HP], <de> [PS] (for driveable vehicles, if applicable)
Required Enginepower: <en> [HP], <de> [PS] (for tools, implements, trailers if applicable)
Max. speed / Max. working speed: [km/h] (mp/h optional for <en> but only additionally, not as a replacement for
km/h)
Work width: [meter] (if applicable, ft optional for <en> but only additionally, not as a replacement
for meter)
Capacity: [liters] (if applicable, gallons optional for <en> but only additionally, not as a
replacement for liters)
Configurations: (if applicable, excluding licenseplate and all basegame tires)
- Base color
- Design color / Rim color
- Unique differences to other similar mods / basegame items (if applicable)"

The idea for this change, in the Guidelines, were community feedback.
Community Feedback is always welcome, if constructive, be it here in the forum, social media or by one of your regional Ambassador.

Marcel
SimulatedFarmer

That’s a great policy change. Thank you MrMarcel5!
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Thank You for the reply MrMarcel5.. That is great news it will make things easier when trying to set up a farm with smaller tractors and equipment, Thanks Giants and have a Great Day...
Playing TVTOF
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

There's a 1m plow that goes 9mph only requires 10hp. I can't remember the name but it's blue if that helps lol
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Could we please see some enforcement of this policy (even if it means rejecting mods and delaying their inclusion)?
I still see mods arriving new in modhub without the most basic info ... like price, carry capacity, vehicle horsepower, vehicle speed, colour options or not, etc.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

MrMarcel5 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:27 pm Hi,

we actually made Guideline changes, to solve problems like this, a few months ago.
For example the required horsepower, working width and other relevant informations are mandatory now.

To keep it fair this only applies to newly submitted mods, so older mods may not have such informations in their descriptions.
I guess it's not mandatory any more since we are still getting implements without the Power requirements.
Playing TVTOF
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

would also be useful to see what seeders also cultivate and fertilize and things like some mulchers also cultivate but it doesnt say that on the description
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

MrMarcel5 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:27 pm Hi,

Quote from the Guideline Document:

"Following Template should be used to describe your mods, the options listed are the minimum
requirement (where applicable)

Vehicle- / Equipment Mods

modTitle should be formatted in example: BRAND VEHICLETYPE e.g., Fendt Vario 700X
Shop Category: (Example “Medium Tractors”)
Price: <en> $, <de> € (other languages should display their native currency or "$")
Engine Power: <en> [HP], <de> [PS] (for driveable vehicles, if applicable)
Required Enginepower: <en> [HP], <de> [PS] (for tools, implements, trailers if applicable)
Max. speed / Max. working speed: [km/h] (mp/h optional for <en> but only additionally, not as a replacement for
km/h)
Work width: [meter] (if applicable, ft optional for <en> but only additionally, not as a replacement
for meter)
Capacity: [liters] (if applicable, gallons optional for <en> but only additionally, not as a
replacement for liters)
Configurations: (if applicable, excluding licenseplate and all basegame tires)
- Base color
- Design color / Rim color
- Unique differences to other similar mods / basegame items (if applicable)"

The idea for this change, in the Guidelines, were community feedback.
Community Feedback is always welcome, if constructive, be it here in the forum, social media or by one of your regional Ambassador.

Marcel
Still lots of mods in recent weeks not following this guide - tractors and trucks especially.

You also need to do one for buildings ... and move modders away from silly pricing levels and maintenance fees - why should a "100 year old brick barn" have the same price as a new build multi-storey office block?
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

100% agree, not only the horsepower, but the weight of implements and tractors. There should be standardised specs listed for all submitted modhub mods.