Grass Growth bug?

GomerPyle

Grass Growth bug?

Post by GomerPyle »

I have an issue where I cut grass and collect it in big fields. I am running game on 5x and 3 days a month. I have tested this with and without mods and it seems to be the same for me. I cut the grass and sleep two times and then its ready to be harvested again? Is this not way to fast? I guess the yield is bad but the growth speed of the grass seems to be way fast. The result is atleast for me that the grass grows again while I collect the first grass I cut. I know I can use the game speed setting but I still think the grass growth is way too fast. Anyone else experience this or is this a problem I have with my game. Since I have this result also without mods I find it weird if I am the only one.
johnlinden

Re: Grass Growth bug?

Post by johnlinden »

I agree, grows like a well watered lawn. I cut the grass in Apirl, July, and Oct. Works for me, have a good one.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The last two years, irl, I have gotten 5 cuts a year. Usually it is around 4 to 5.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

It takes at least a month-day to reach full growth after the field says ready to harvest. Bright green with seeds is a harvestable state but it’s too early for a good yield. I play 2 day months and only get 3 maybe 4 harvests a year. Depends on when I get it cut and if I can turn the field over before the next month.
Tranceformer81

Post by Tranceformer81 »

There are many variables for grass yield, all depends whether you run with seasonal growth on or off, Precision Farming, mulching and rolling etc.

I Did a test on a 1.02 hectare field with seasonal growth off and Precision Farming on, and the results were negligible.

2 Months (6 cuts)
63,712 = 382,272 per year

3 Months (4 cuts)
95,873 = 383,492 per year.

Over a year, doing 4 cuts will get you 1,220 litres more and you will have less fertiliser and tractor use.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Tranceformer81 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:57 pm There are many variables for grass yield, all depends whether you run with seasonal growth on or off, Precision Farming, mulching and rolling etc.

I Did a test on a 1.02 hectare field with seasonal growth off and Precision Farming on, and the results were negligible.

2 Months (6 cuts)
63,712 = 382,272 per year

3 Months (4 cuts)
95,873 = 383,492 per year.

Over a year, doing 4 cuts will get you 1,220 litres more and you will have less fertiliser and tractor use.
I think I watched a similar test to what you did. One cut early, and three more after full growth. Maximum volume with four versus three.