dead zone

MrXNor

dead zone

Post by MrXNor »

Im sorry if this has been asked before, and yes i know its an easy fix (just have to be done every time windows update etc)
But, what is the logic behind having all deadzones on steering wheels at 14% . Most that have wheels, even the farming sim wheel is 900 degree rotation. Which kinda leave a deadzone about 126ish degrees. If my tractor had a wheel with 126degrees slack, i would be worried.

Just asking...
don_apple

Re: dead zone

Post by don_apple »

I can't tell you what the reasoning is for the default of 14% for the deadzone, but I'm guessing it is because the deadzone is not just used for steering wheels, but also for joysticks and gamepads and some of them might need a bigger deadzone than others. And therefore GIANTS most likely decided to stay on the safe side by setting a fairly high default value.

You can easily change that in the game.xml file in the FarmingSimulator2022 folder by changing the value behind "deadzone":

Code: Select all

<joystick enable="true" vibration="false" deadzone="0.04"/>
In this example the default value is set to 4%.

And while in the game you can change the deadzone individually for each axis in the options of the games main menu:
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
humbe

Re: dead zone

Post by humbe »

MrXNor wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:00 pm ...
But, what is the logic behind having all deadzones on steering wheels at 14% . ...
Maybe the dev setting that number was driving an old American car. Watch an old american movie and see how much they are steering back and forth to keep straight ;)

I use the settings in game above to adjust down to 2% for all axis. Maybe even down to 0% for the wheel itself. Sometimes it resets itself if I unplug and later plug in the equipment again, but most of the time it seems to remember.