Maypole Farm Collisions

bcjcben

Maypole Farm Collisions

Post by bcjcben »

I’m not sure how to find the creator of this map to message so instead I’ll make this thread, does anyone know of a way to turn the hedge collisions off? Because the workers can’t seem to do anything without crashing into them! I know you can just remove the hedges but they make the map feel alot more British and I don’t want to completely remove them?
sinclaircoolnew

Re: Maypole Farm Collisions

Post by sinclaircoolnew »

There are posts in the hedges to make them cuttable, so the workers are probably getting confused with them not the hedges
bcjcben

Post by bcjcben »

sinclaircoolnew wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:18 pm There are posts in the hedges to make them cuttable, so the workers are probably getting confused with them not the hedges
So I’m guessing the only way to get rid of the collision is to get rid of all of the hedges?
Tranceformer81

Post by Tranceformer81 »

From the changelog from the latest update last week:

- Added the ability to cut a light at the garage to remove all field based hedges if you wish rather than cut each section away (hedges around pastures will not be removed but can be cut away if the land is owned).

That's the only way so you either put up with collisions or remove the hedges.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I still haven't found the light at the garage that removes hedges. I'm assuming it's the garage attached to the house but there's only one switch that cuts the light on and off in the garage. Idk. I'm on xbox.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
Tranceformer81

Post by Tranceformer81 »

Psychohate wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:09 pm I still haven't found the light at the garage that removes hedges. I'm assuming it's the garage attached to the house but there's only one switch that cuts the light on and off in the garage. Idk. I'm on xbox.
Found them. There is 3 in total:

One at the store - removes various walls around the map.

Two at the gas station next door to the store.
One closest to the road removes the deco trees and the one to the right removes all hedges apart from the ones connected to pastures.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

Thank you!

Edit: I see 3 different short poles with lights. 1 at the dealership. 2 at the gas store. Is that where the switch is supposed to be at? There's nothing on them to cut on and off.
New farmer mode always
Tranceformer81

Post by Tranceformer81 »

Psychohate wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:10 am Thank you!

Edit: I see 3 different short poles with lights. 1 at the dealership. 2 at the gas store. Is that where the switch is supposed to be at? There's nothing on them to cut on and off.
There is no switch. You simply cut them down using a chainsaw.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

Ok. Yeah it must be a bug or something. It won't let me cut them down. It says you are not allowed to cut this tree. I still tried but it won't do it.

Edit (again): I did find one of those poles on the farm I can cut though. It's between the farmhouse and cow shed. So I'm sure the other 2 are on the farm. Anyways thanks for the help.
New farmer mode always
bcjcben

Post by bcjcben »

Tranceformer81 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:12 pm From the changelog from the latest update last week:

- Added the ability to cut a light at the garage to remove all field based hedges if you wish rather than cut each section away (hedges around pastures will not be removed but can be cut away if the land is owned).

That's the only way so you either put up with collisions or remove the hedges.
Bit of a shame really because the ai can’t seem to navigate anywhere without crashing into them and the map just feels a bit bare without the hedhes