Game Physics

Mwal

Re: Game Physics

Post by Mwal »

Sneaks wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:08 pm Boy I'm sure glad that I am playing on an Old PS4 than a PC. None of these problems for me.. Mmmmm. seams like the PC isn't a master race after all with all the problems......HaHaHa... :lol: :lol: *thumbsup* :lol: :lol: :hi:
I dunno my contracts work just fine
humbe

Post by humbe »

I also noticed when stacking small bales, that if I had bad luck, and especially if I was pushing bales and trying to stack them very close, the stack could start to move around and create a mess.. But if I was careful it usually worked out (on PC)..

Obviously the physics is simplified compared to real life. The lack of compaction also creates issues. For some reason or another, maybe the game didn't check often enough, I manage to move something too close to something. The objects can't be crushed or compacted, so the game has to move an object somewhere to cope, and then that chain reacts into other objects and we get a strange looking moving pile. Never had an issue stacking large bales. Probably an issue easier to trigger with a lot of small objects that sit close to each other.

At least bales have correct edges. I have more issues with non-straight trees, where the graphics doesn't seem to fit the collision box, so they bump into each other even though they may look to be a feet away from each other.
Yarmanriver

Post by Yarmanriver »

s. I have more issues with non-straight trees, where the graphics doesn't seem to fit the collision box, so they bump into each other even though they may look to be a feet away from each other.
[/quote]

I can understand the Collison boxes on trees, and why I always cut at 5 meters drag 3 to 4 trees to a pile, and chip now The Jenz 922 cobra is pricey but the grapple works, it is fast, and the log interaction physics don't force jumping logs (I sold all my FS 19 assets in game balanced out to a little over 65 mill and edited the money into a farm I like now so I have a basically Cart Blanche budget (settled on Western Wilds no New Woodshire but having a blast).

I went through hell when I logged "Switchback Mountain" on FS 19 loading full-size logs onto the logging truck and making the S curve onto the bridge then climbing the grade on the other side ... (made a fortune on that map logging, 22 is worse now and why I fell and chip the weight factor on full loads are so way off the shift accelerates way to fast). But the bales are square so the collision boxes should be attached to a smaller dummy and the boundaries almost be inside the texture model would allow for a squashing effect, that's how I would have drawn the model. It looks good if you purchase a 4 stack they are sitting perfect but when you grab the stack and come within 1 meter of an object bales falter and move cascading the effect to full collapse... My views anyways
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I don't have any issues loading bales or pallets so long as I pick the "right" machine for the job. Sometimes it even looks good when I am done with a big trailer of bales but usually it's a bit untidy. I haven't done a great deal with logging but what I have done has went off without a hitch. I have not had any bale explosions and I have had an EXTORTIONATE amount stacked behind my grass equipment barn. The ticket to avoiding explosions is don't pack the bales in tight. Leave a smidgen of wiggle room and when you load your game back in, no booms!

Idk how it affects handling in general but there is a script working in the background that changes the weight of things when they are strapped down. Maybe something similar is at play when using forks?
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Mwal wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:19 pm I dunno my contracts work just fine
I don't know either. I'm to busy farming my own land.. and don't have time to do contracts...
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Sneaks wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:48 am I don't know either. I'm to busy farming my own land.. and don't have time to do contracts...
It was a joke
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

:confusednew: :lol: :lol: :lol: