Game Physics

Yarmanriver

Game Physics

Post by Yarmanriver »

Hi

back in the game for a month and was doing well on straight farming plow prep and plant etc. BUT purchased a few cows to see how the animal game was different from 19. To make this short had to purchase hay and this is where my frustration level grew to almost done level. Trying to stack hay or even just move more than 1 bale almost made me sell the cows and give up. Bale physics I don't know but defiantly needs work almost makes me want to pack the game until fixed as all I grow basically is grain and grass to move and stack square bales for livestock and sales... Is anyone else having this issue or suggestions I have the bale clamp and there still hopping out...
Sneaks

Re: Game Physics

Post by Sneaks »

just got done stacking 28 big bale 5 high for my sheep and i didn't have any problems. playing on PS4..
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Yarmanriver

Post by Yarmanriver »

Sneaks wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:32 am just got done stacking 28 big bale 5 high for my sheep and i didn't have any problems. playing on PS4..
Thanks for the input, possibly physics engine differs on PC version. Hopping others will comment
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m on pc and the bale physics are still garbage, especially small squares. Any single on slightly out of place and the whole stack will explode or at least work itself into a mess
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

I've come to conclusion that bales mass is only active on bales being handled. Anything not attached to a spike or held by hand its like the mass disappears and anything bumping it sends it flying.
FTF
Derekrw02

Post by Derekrw02 »

Physics in general are garbage. pallet, logs, and bales all garbage.
crash

Post by crash »

Hay loft mod... I dont deal with bales unless i can use a autoloader😅. I dont know for sure about fs22, but in fs19 you had to have straw bales and blow them into the animal pen. It would be nice if you could just blow/tip losse straw in there.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I bale cause with a $12k JD baler 82 studios stepdeck auto loader it’s fun and a lot less painful than making trips with a forage wagon. But it’s straight into the bale chipper from the stepdeck 😂
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

When it comes to Farming Simulator Physics I think I'll just leave this here, as it speaks volumes

Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Call the coroner lol
FTF
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's brilliant and as Cwatty says it speaks volumes.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Yarmanriver wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:48 pm Hi

back in the game for a month and was doing well on straight farming plow prep and plant etc. BUT purchased a few cows to see how the animal game was different from 19. To make this short had to purchase hay and this is where my frustration level grew to almost done level. Trying to stack hay or even just move more than 1 bale almost made me sell the cows and give up. Bale physics I don't know but defiantly needs work almost makes me want to pack the game until fixed as all I grow basically is grain and grass to move and stack square bales for livestock and sales... Is anyone else having this issue or suggestions I have the bale clamp and there still hopping out...
There is no "until fixed" when it comes to the physics. Hasn't changed in over a decade.
They already have your money, so there's no reason to care if you stop playing.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

It only needs a little tweak like the contracts bug or not bug as Lars put it in fact they probably already have a fix but we can't have it. Suppose the flying tractor could be a Gravity wagon for Mr Chedley or a bad attempt at creating another version of flight simulator either way it's a classic :lol:
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Boy I'm sure glad that I am playing on an Old PS4 than a PC. None of these problems for me.. Mmmmm. seams like the PC isn't a master race after all with all the problems......HaHaHa... :lol: :lol: *thumbsup* :lol: :lol: :hi:
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Yarmanriver

Post by Yarmanriver »

Thank you everyone for your comments. Very inciteful...

I hope Giant realizes that one of the major draws of Farm Sim is the game interaction (ex flight simmer, model developer since early 80's), and what destroyed my flight sim days was the lack of Physic co-ordination and the physics bugs where physics were being overlooked in favor how pretty it looks. In my experience and knowledge and the industry articles, I have read for PC's the Graphics have peaked and smooth game physics are becoming the major factor. Look at the indy development of simple graphics almost back to the 32-bit days but simply amazing physics. 67-year-old comp gaming nerd here and my draw to FS 19 and now was the community and game interaction. FS is simply SIMPLY amazing the community MODS are fantastic and remind me of Flight Sims' golden days back in the day. I truly hope to stay and even mod myself ( doing so since Max then FSX launch and GMAX was a free addon with the SDK that led me again to Max and now Blender, a way cheaper, friendlier, and more productive alternative to Max)...

Again thanks everyone for the posts