manual + powershift

alanarientiziech

manual + powershift

Post by alanarientiziech »

tractors like john deere 4755 and the valmet 8750 says on description that they have manual + powershift gear shift, they can be shiften between with a command or what, as they dont motor configs nor options to change?!

edit: I dont understand much about gear boxes
Yeahrightio

Re: manual + powershift

Post by Yeahrightio »

Yeah mate both of those tractors do have power shift in them. The 4755 is a full power shift tractor and hasn’t any ranges, it’s just 1 to 15th gear and you pick your speed in that range, with the operator being able to shift or “power shift” on the go without the clutch. This feature is really quite something and is a revolutionary feather to any tractors hat. The Valmet on the other hand is another kettle of fish. Valmet fitted these tractors with a “delta power shift” which had 3 power shift speeds from memory, someone please correct me if I’m wrong. You had four gears that you picked with the clutch and so forth. This tractor doesn’t have the delta power shift in game, it’s using the green lever or gears as it’s power shifts and the range lever or the blue lever for the “gear shifts”. The yellow one is the forward reverse lever and will shuttle the tractor from forward to reverse quickly, with clutching. Different ages and manufacturers have had different power shifts over time, some I prefer more than others based on real life experience with most New Holland semi power shift and full power shift transmissions. I’d rather those than a Deere just based on the shifting, just like the 4755 you have to go all the way down to neutral to find reverse, which makes sense so you don’t just pick reverse when you’ve got speed but isn’t great for headland work, which the valmet would excel at due to the transmission it’s fitted with. Hopefully that explains it for you and isn’t a massive essay which isn’t helpful 👍😁.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

It’s probably referring to the Quad Range that was available on the 4755. It’s a 4 speed power shift gear box coupled with 4 ranges that I don’t remember weather or not are synchronized (hit clutch and shift on the move without grinding) to allow a total of 16 gear speeds.

Powershuttles since they got mentioned above are a separate powershift gearbox for the forward and reverse gears to allow you to quickly switch directions, primarily built/marketed towards tractors being ran with front loaders (as shifting all the way through a powershift would get old for both the operator and clutch packs fast). Shuttles are the same principle but are just synchronized forward/reverse gearboxes that require clutching to not grind/be destroyed.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

then the powershift is meant to transmission and not gearbox?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

In English that I'm familiar with gear box and transmission (in this context) is primarily a Europe vs North America term/word choice difference. Its just a type of transmission/gearbox, like unsynchronized and synchronized manuals, CVT/IVT, and any of the creative speed change systems used by older tractors prior to powershifts.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.