transfering savegame/mod files to a new ssd

Eim_

transfering savegame/mod files to a new ssd

Post by Eim_ »

So i bought a new ssd and i want to transfer mods, and the first thing that comes to mind is to upload the whole farming simulator folder to a cloud and download it from there with a new ssd.

But are there more easy ways to to that?

And also i have bought fs22 from steam, if i uninstall fs22, will the mods/savegame files will be saved there? Kind of a stupid question, but perhaps.
MK_McD

Re: transfering savegame/mod files to a new ssd

Post by MK_McD »

If you have cloud save on, steam will copy over your settings and saved games but not the mods.
If you have a lot of mods, an external drive would be faster but a cloud drive is fine too.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Are you adding it as a secondary disk, or are you replacing your current OS disk so you are reinstalling the entire OS and so forth?

If the first, you can just add it and move the files over from disk to disk.. You can even use a symlink or something to link one directory on one disk to point to a directory on the other disk..

If you are replacing the entire disk, it is very useful if you're able to connect your old disk to your system after install so you can copy over the bits from the old drive you want to keep..
Eim_

Post by Eim_ »

MK_McD wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:17 pm If you have cloud save on, steam will copy over your settings and saved games but not the mods.
If you have a lot of mods, an external drive would be faster but a cloud drive is fine too.
So steam will save the savegame files to the cloud, but not the mods?
MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

Correct