Crop rotation

gile

Crop rotation

Post by gile »

Crop rotation mod was on the "mods curently in testing" topic two days ago. Today its not. I also didnt see it in the "mods" section. So, anybody knows where it is? Giants? Modder? It was a really cool feature in FS19, so I was very happy to see it on the list....
bossmanslim

Re: Crop rotation

Post by bossmanslim »

gile wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:59 pm Crop rotation mod was on the "mods curently in testing" topic two days ago. Today its not. I also didnt see it in the "mods" section. So, anybody knows where it is? Giants? Modder? It was a really cool feature in FS19, so I was very happy to see it on the list....
Probably failed QA
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Either failed or passed awaiting release
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Looking forward too seeing what it brings when it hopefully passes testing.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:13 pm Looking forward too seeing what it brings when it hopefully passes testing.
Indeed, I'm also very curious especially to see how it's implemented and whether or not it effects Precision Farming or is totally independent of that DLC. I've made some tweaks to nitrogen levels in PF to allow for or provide an incentive to rotate crops a little more, but I'm hoping this mod will actually do it properly and provide for a decent crop rotation.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

I noticed that mod in the list as well as got my hopes up :-) This is one big thing missing from the game and I really hope it's implemented nicely and that it does get through Giants eventually.
crash

Post by crash »

I think we need to start with a resonable growth time so that doble cropping is possible🤷
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I guess that very much depends on what area of the world you are in as over here in the U.K. double cropping is far from the norm. It's a pity that we no longer have the ability to add in GEO's in the way seasons worked in previous games. It's either a case of finding a map with the crop xml suited for the area or adding one in ourselves if playing pc which luckily is not too hard to do.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

When i approach the field my game freezes and i get a LUA callstack error using this mod. I tried new savegame but the same thing happens
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

njuska11 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 pm When i approach the field my game freezes and i get a LUA callstack error using this mod. I tried new savegame but the same thing happens
What is the LUA error?
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
crash

Post by crash »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:17 pm I guess that very much depends on what area of the world you are in as over here in the U.K. double cropping is far from the norm. It's a pity that we no longer have the ability to add in GEO's in the way seasons worked in previous games. It's either a case of finding a map with the crop xml suited for the area or adding one in ourselves if playing pc which luckily is not too hard to do.

Of course. But limiting oat/barley/wheat to fall seeding only dosent fit with europe or usa at all. You guys seed in march/april, norway is typically late april to early june and harvest after 3-4 months. If they had implement those "rules"/facts. You could have seeded winter wheat in august september and harvested in july the next year. Its the whole crop growth times and when you can do things in game that breaks it. It dosent fit with anything thats done out in the real world imo
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I agree about the cereal crops my other bug bear is regarding sugarbeet the harvest period here starts late September and can go though to March depending on the weather,I have made my own alteration to the xml so I can do this along with spring cereal crops. . Overall for me the way the GEO's worked was far better especially for console where changes can't be made.
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:55 pm I agree about the cereal crops my other bug bear is regarding sugarbeet the harvest period here starts late September and can go though to March depending on the weather,I have made my own alteration to the xml so I can do this along with spring cereal crops. . Overall for me the way the GEO's worked was far better especially for console where changes can't be made.
FS22_CropRotation can load GEO mods from Seasons19, I have an reference mod introducing some popular crops:
https://github.com/bodzio528/FS22_CR_AdditionalFruits

But my mod cannot overwrite growth data - that is waaay to much for me to cover, but should be possible to do such in separate mod - crop rotation category and growth are in fact independent from each other.

Anyway, my mod is a "3rd party lua script", it will never get to consoles as is, unless Giants take the mod down in order to implement it within engine (as PrecisionFarming is actually coded within game, and downloadable mod itself is just bunch of XMLs to enable the PF functionality)