Planting Direction

austinm53

Planting Direction

Post by austinm53 »

When I plant my crops in a certain direction it's because i want my rows to be going that direction. Not the stupid North and south snapping stuff. How would i go about changing this or is there a mod that already changes it?
MAVERICK707651

Re: Planting Direction

Post by MAVERICK707651 »

No I have wondered that to it 8s only north south east west
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Farm Sim used to only support 4 angles. Due to certain lobbying by some modders and players, before Fs22 was released, GIANTS added the coding similar to the Multi Terrain Angle from previous versions which allows more angles.
GIANTS increased it to 8 angles... personally that is still far too little so modders have increased that to 32 angles.

I believe the more angles is only on PC (correct me if I'm wrong).
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but the more angles you have the more angles the AI has to be latch on so more angles equals more opportunities for AI to latch on to the wrong angle and makes things interesting let's say....
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:26 pm Correct me if I'm wrong but the more angles you have the more angles the AI has to be latch on so more angles equals more opportunities for AI to latch on to the wrong angle and makes things interesting let's say....
As long as you start the worker of in the right direction/angle, there is no problem at all...
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Having less working angles just makes it harder to work fields that aren't perfectly 90° angles.

In Fs17 we ran 64 angles and that was nearly perfect... no matter what shape the field was you could pick any hedgerow line and work off it.

As for the AI it won't ever latch on to the wrong angle... only if you interfere and make a mistake.
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:19 am Having less working angles just makes it harder to work fields that aren't perfectly 90° angles.

In Fs17 we ran 64 angles and that was nearly perfect... no matter what shape the field was you could pick any hedgerow line and work off it.

As for the AI it won't ever latch on to the wrong angle... only if you interfere and make a mistake.
This!!
humbe

Post by humbe »

In FS19 I thought the multiple angles bit only worked if it was integrated with a given map..

Is there a mod for FS22 that adds more angles that work on any map?

I was happy they went from 4 to 8, but would be nice with more.. I guess it's a performance thing that they limit the number..
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

humbe wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:12 pm In FS19 I thought the multiple angles bit only worked if it was integrated with a given map..

Is there a mod for FS22 that adds more angles that work on any map?

I was happy they went from 4 to 8, but would be nice with more.. I guess it's a performance thing that they limit the number..
I've never noticed a single performance difference running more angles.

Stegei gave the reasoning before that they don't like how the soil textures look with more angles. Apparently having really obvious angles on the soil looks better to them than less obvious ones.

As default Fs22 uses 8 angles now, or 16 directions, but one of the German modders released a tutorial to increase it to 32 angles on your own mod maps.

https://forbidden-mods.de/forum/thread/ ... %C3%BCgen/
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:34 pm

Stegei gave the reasoning before that they don't like how the soil textures look with more angles. Apparently having really obvious angles on the soil looks better to them than less obvious ones.
Makes you wonder if they have ever seen a field being worked, MTA is one of the key points I look for when choosing a map.
CptCray

Post by CptCray »

Just to maybe clear up some confusion. Multi terrain angle does not fix the direction in which crops were planted. That's the reason why multi terrain angle is not working for potatoes for example. It would look weird with the plants growing different from the dams.
austinm53

Post by austinm53 »

You all are correct. However you are all talking about the soil texture working angle. Not the crop row angle. I am not complaining about the soil texture angle. I just want my crops to grow in the direction that I planted them. They always snap either directly north-south or east-west. I have no idea how to change that.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

austinm53 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:52 pm You all are correct. However you are all talking about the soil texture working angle. Not the crop row angle. I am not complaining about the soil texture angle. I just want my crops to grow in the direction that I planted them. They always snap either directly north-south or east-west. I have no idea how to change that.
You cannot change that... the plant foliage is spawned at an exact position constantly across the map.
JohnDeereLife

Post by JohnDeereLife »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:19 am In Fs17 we ran 64 angles and that was nearly perfect... no matter what shape the field was you could pick any hedgerow line and work off it.
Has someone figured out how to add more than 32 angles in fs22? 64 was great but they had to make it more complicated for fs22 like everything else for no reason.