I just want to Farm! Back Roads County and other maps...

LittleWatt

Re: I just want to Farm! Back Roads County and other maps...

Post by LittleWatt »

Why impractical? I guess I’m at a loss as to the reason you say it’s impractical. Hey, let’s play the map. I’ll check all locations where bale usage is a common occurrence. You check all locations where loose foliage is a common occurrence. And you test all locations where crops would be deposited. Let’s get it all checked, then have fun. Marine Corps approach: work hard, play hard. Seems like part of the fun and challenge is in the testing.

As for time it takes, I’ll refer back to authoring. It’s not uncommon at all that the rewriting and editing takes more time than the writing. That’s how a great idea becomes a great product. And a great accomplishment.
chaseydog

Re: I just want to Farm! Back Roads County and other maps...

Post by chaseydog »

Impractical from the perspective that there are numerous variations in the way the game can be played. Expecting a small team of testers to account for all of those variations, particularly those that are not part of their game play experience, is a big ask. There’s no list, check A, check B, check C and then go back and check this other variation of B.

I’m not convinced that author/ editor argument is as sound as you believe. Do many professional authors and editors try to do their best? I’m certain they do. Do many of these same authors/editors publish work with plot holes, grammar or spelling issue?

Semper Fi