clamsden, how do you deliver silage bales

JensChrDK

Re: clamsden, how do you deliver silage bales

Post by JensChrDK »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:59 am i think all the answers to my problem with the contract are valid and true except i can't find out how to buy the BGA. and the BGA doesn't buy grass, just silage. so my conclusion is that when i bring the wrapped bales to the BGA it thinks they are still grass. it is march now. i don't know how long the bales will take to turn to silage. i can take one to the farmers market bale place and see what i get. the farmers market does by grass. thanks for the help...
Do you know how to buy a new field? Do the same, but click the land with the BGA on.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

michaelr wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:32 pm Bales from contracts are “magically” converted to silage, and can be sold instantly, however any extra bonus bales will need to ferment before they turn into silage.
Just for your info ... I don't know in the Clamsden map but in the maps where I have played so far (Elmcreek and Italy Extended Emilia) , I have always sold the "extra" silage bales and they immediately paid me as silage not wrapped grass ... :wink2:

One little bug (I guess)... in the Italian map a small bug concerns the insertion of the bales in the container (in italian Tramoggia) which instead does not show up on the Elmcreek map ... In fact, on the Italian map I had to take advantage of the super strength mod to move the bales manually in the container despite the regular presence of the trigger in front of it :hmm:
All this until I have enough money to buy a tractor with a front charger.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Fatlizard wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:33 am
michaelr wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:32 pm Bales from contracts are “magically” converted to silage, and can be sold instantly, however any extra bonus bales will need to ferment before they turn into silage.
Just for your info ... I don't know in the Clamsden map but in the maps where I have played so far (Elmcreek and Italy Extended Emilia) , I have always sold the "extra" silage bales and they immediately paid me as silage not wrapped grass ... :wink2:

One little bug (I guess)... in the Italian map a small bug concerns the insertion of the bales in the container (in italian Tramoggia) which instead does not show up on the Elmcreek map ... In fact, on the Italian map I had to take advantage of the super strength mod to move the bales manually in the container despite the regular presence of the trigger in front of it :hmm:
All this until I have enough money to buy a tractor with a front charger.
How do you know they sold as silage, doesn't it just say "$$$ Sold bales"? :hmm:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

when i put the beacon on, i have a stack of bales sitting in the area of the beacon and thee BGA won't accept them. then i took one of the bales, they show as 6000k of silage, to another bale sell point and i got over 2k for the bale. so i am going to take all the bales to the other sell point and sell them, 41 bales, and then cancel the contract. don't like doing that but what else can i do to make room for other contracts? i did look at production sites and nothing is on there. on clamsden there is no way to buy production sites that i can figure out.
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:30 pm i did look at production sites and nothing is on there. on clamsden there is no way to buy production sites that i can figure out.
I just tried starting a new game on hard career mode and, as JensChrDK already said, you need to "buy" the land that the BGA sits on, before it shows up in productions; The price is 0, so it is free.

Open map view, toggle to "Farmland", select the area where the BGA is located and select "Buy".
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:10 pm
Fatlizard wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:33 am I have always sold the "extra" silage bales and they immediately paid me as silage not wrapped grass ... :wink2:
How do you know they sold as silage, doesn't it just say "$$$ Sold bales"? :hmm:
If the question is for me ... yes it's true it just say "$$$ (€€€) Sold bales" and if I check the weight of the sold bale (6000 kg) and the price BGA pays for silage (163 €/1000 kg) = 978 € each bale ... instead the grass (wrapped or raw) price is 43 €/1000 kg = 258 € each bale.
This was my yesterday bale contract in Italia Emilia Map in Hard Economy. :wink2:
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

so problem solved. i had to buy the BGA for 0 euro and then the BGA would take the silage. it was beyond my elderly mind to figure that out... thanks to all for helping me solve this problem. I think i would have been 50k ahead to sell the silage at another point and cancel the contract. that's ok. trying to get enough money to buy some land and plant it.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:26 pm so problem solved. i had to buy the BGA for 0 euro and then the BGA would take the silage.
That's what we've been telling you from the beginning....
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

thanks to michaelr who explained how to buy the property that got me in business. now since i have all this free property i started looking around for free land. right north of the shop there is a field without a number and planted to grass. hmmm. now am bailing silage on that field and then see if i can fertilize it and then plow it. interesting. i think i might get 30 round bales from it. really like the map.
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Glad you got it working :smileynew:

With a plow you can create new fields; just need to toggle the allow create fields.

Calmsden is a very enjoyable map and I’m impressed by how close it is to the real life area. Just a few days ago I came across a video of the store area in real life and I was like “hey, I’ve spent a lot of virtual money at that place” :lol:

This was the video, for anyone interested:

Really fun to see the real place after spending hours on the map in Farming Simulator.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Zero76Gaming wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:56 pm You need to buy the land where the BGA is placed on, and then you own it. (This is the case on almost every map)
chaskuchar1 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:24 am thanks to michaelr who explained how to buy the property that got me in business.
🤣🤣🤣don't know how i could've explained it better 2 days ago! 🤣🤣🤣

But good for you you found out how the game works, happy farming! :hi: