Crop Rotation! HELP!

punchi

Re: Crop Rotation! HELP!

Post by punchi »

Well, using someone elses property on modhub will always get your mod removed, if you dont have permission by the author.
sys_tem1x

Post by sys_tem1x »

bodzio528 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:46 am
Angler1409 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:52 pm Went to double check before answering, but it has been removed from Modhub so I assume there is an issue with the mod.
Sadly, I have no way to tell the reason. After two weeks of testing by Giants, they finally allowed my mod to modhub, then removed it without notice after a few hours.

Was it crashing? Did I use forbidden LUA function? Was there some kind of performance issue? Do they plan to release Crop Rotation as part of paid DLC? I really don't know.
Offtop!
I'm sorry that your mod was removed from the modhub, I hope it will return soon...
But I have a question, do you planning to add some planner for сrop rotation?
I saw some code for planner gui in your github but in the latest commits you removed that
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

punchi wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:01 pm Well, using someone elses property on modhub will always get your mod removed, if you dont have permission by the author.
OK, I'll get the permission or rewrite code. I hope RM still check their e-mail account from time to time :)
TobiHH wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:59 pm Maybe it was a translation issue, but the german mod describtion was not clear about that.
It was only mentioned that it CAN be used with PF, it was not written, that PF is mandatory.

And as this is a well known seasons feature from FS19, which worked without PF, it`s not unlikely that a lot of playes tried this mod without PF.
Yeah, translations... my German is really bad.

As soon as I get some meaningfull logs, I'll fix it. This mod will work without PF really soon. I've tested on vanilla maps mostly and only a bunch of mods from modhub. I expect there might be some issues on heavily customized maps, 4x, 16x etc.
Attachments
screen-modhub.png.txt
(126.33 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
volcan95

Post by volcan95 »

could we get a crop rotation calendar please , tried adding this too your GitHub but could not
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Any news about this mod working without PF?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:53 am Any news about this mod working without PF?
Currently all work on this mod is on hold, as I am waiting for response from Seasons19 authors. It is possible that CropRotation mod will never reach modhub again, and I might be forced to abandon the project completely.

I plan to release completely new mod, that will not use code under copyright clause, however I am going to use some Precision Farming functions to implement required functionality instead. Therefore not only console players will feel left out as usual, but this time a whole lot of people that don't need fancy herbicide sprayers in their game as well. Miscusi.

If only I can figure out what are built-in engine function "createDensityMapUpdater" call parameters...
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

bodzio528 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:55 pm
JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:53 am Any news about this mod working without PF?
Currently all work on this mod is on hold, as I am waiting for response from Seasons19 authors. It is possible that CropRotation mod will never reach modhub again, and I might be forced to abandon the project completely.

I plan to release completely new mod, that will not use code under copyright clause, however I am going to use some Precision Farming functions to implement required functionality instead. Therefore not only console players will feel left out as usual, but this time a whole lot of people that don't need fancy herbicide sprayers in their game as well. Miscusi.

If only I can figure out what are built-in engine function "createDensityMapUpdater" call parameters...
How hard will it be to implement a crop rotation screen? As this will be one key piece that most players will be asking for?
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Missyb wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:14 am How hard will it be to implement a crop rotation screen? As this will be one key piece that most players will be asking for?
I wouldn't think it would be that hard and I'd even pay for it as a DLC, assuming it was a DLC that added new crop types as well. I'd love to see more nitrogen fixing crops added to the game. Mind you I won't hold my breath as they ruined Oilseed Radish with PF.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

deerefarm wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:27 am
Missyb wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:14 am How hard will it be to implement a crop rotation screen? As this will be one key piece that most players will be asking for?
I wouldn't think it would be that hard and I'd even pay for it as a DLC, assuming it was a DLC that added new crop types as well. I'd love to see more nitrogen fixing crops added to the game. Mind you I won't hold my breath as they ruined Oilseed Radish with PF.
Well, not that hard, but it takes considerable amount of time to make it fancy-looking and useful. And I must not copy Seasons19 :D

I was thinking about view similar to contract view: list of prepared plans on the left, and 6-to-8 crop boxes on the right. Something like this:

Code: Select all

================================================================================
 CROP ROTATION PLANNER
+--------------------------+  +------------------------------------------------+
| _Maize monoculture_      |  |  [<]   Maize   [>] 0.90                        |
|  Rotation B              |  |  [<]   Maize   [>] 0.90                        |
|                          |  |  [<]   Maize   [>] 0.90                        |
|                          |  |  [<]     -     [>] -                           |
|                          |  |                                                |
|                          |  |                                                |
+--------------------------+  +------------------------------------------------+

[Esc] Back [x] New plan [←] Delete plan [Space] Rename plan
================================================================================
But I can't figure out if there are any ready to use controls and layouts available. And my handmaking this is plain ugly...
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

bodzio528 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:44 pm Well, not that hard, but it takes considerable amount of time to make it fancy-looking and useful. And I must not copy Seasons19 :D
It ended up like this - nothing fancy but gets the job done:

dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

bodzio528 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:03 am
bodzio528 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:44 pm Well, not that hard, but it takes considerable amount of time to make it fancy-looking and useful. And I must not copy Seasons19 :D
It ended up like this - nothing fancy but gets the job done:

That looks fine. Could you put atleast 1 more column of that to the right side, so we can have atleast 2 to compare? If several will fit, perhaps fill up the screen so you can always have you current double cropping schemes posted.
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

dan1109 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:03 am That looks fine. Could you put atleast 1 more column of that to the right side, so we can have atleast 2 to compare? If several will fit, perhaps fill up the screen so you can always have you current double cropping schemes posted.
I'll think about it, GUI development is not my trump card. Rough estimation is I can put three columns side by side.

Up to 8 crops can be added to rotation, the slots are dynamically added.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

bodzio528 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:56 pm
punchi wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:01 pm Well, using someone elses property on modhub will always get your mod removed, if you dont have permission by the author.
OK, I'll get the permission or rewrite code. I hope RM still check their e-mail account from time to time :)
TobiHH wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:59 pm Maybe it was a translation issue, but the german mod describtion was not clear about that.
It was only mentioned that it CAN be used with PF, it was not written, that PF is mandatory.

And as this is a well known seasons feature from FS19, which worked without PF, it`s not unlikely that a lot of playes tried this mod without PF.
Yeah, translations... my German is really bad.

As soon as I get some meaningfull logs, I'll fix it. This mod will work without PF really soon. I've tested on vanilla maps mostly and only a bunch of mods from modhub. I expect there might be some issues on heavily customized maps, 4x, 16x etc.
Just curious, will the new version work without precision farming, or is it still a mandatory mod?
Thanks for keeping up your hard work on this mod. Will bring more realism into the game, which is always appreciated.
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

TobiHH wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:37 am Just curious, will the new version work without precision farming, or is it still a mandatory mod?
Thanks for keeping up your hard work on this mod. Will bring more realism into the game, which is always appreciated.
It is working without PF. Make sure you use version 2.1.0.0 and above.

I've tested it on vanilla maps and choice of modhub maps, with and without precision farming enabled. It should cause no game breaking errors on maps with custom fruit types, but yield multiplier may be reset to 1.00 for the additional fruits (carrot, onion, alfalfa, etc.).

Some additional notes:

The previous crop types are randomly generated for each field upon buy. As a consequence, it is possible that field you just bought is in somewhat disappointing state (eg. potatoes twice in a row). Except for grasslands - for grass fields the previous crop is obviously grass.

NPCs do not follow Crop Rotation rules, and crop rotation yield multiplier is not applied on harvest missions - that is to prevent situations where contract cannot be fulfilled due to 30% yield reduction caused by really bad forecrops.

There was launch of MaizePlus last week - so far I did not see any game-breaking bug with both CR and MP mods enabled (basegame and some of modhub maps, standard fruits). It is possible that something may slip unnoticed to the day of modhub release (this week, hopefully).
Dziwny85

Post by Dziwny85 »

I've downloaded crop rotation and place it in mods folder and I see nothing in my game. I'm playing on the old stream farm. Any thoughts?