Crop Rotation! HELP!

Graham1969

Crop Rotation! HELP!

Post by Graham1969 »

I just downloaded the mod, "Crop Rotation". However, I have been left with a question I would like to ask the forum.

Q) In the Field Info box, it currently says Fallow/Fallow. However, on another field is says Cereal/Fallow; does this mean the mod is telling me what I need to do with the field next or what I should plant in the field.

Many thanks in advance
crash

Re: Crop Rotation! HELP!

Post by crash »

Havent looked at the mod. What does the last field look like? Cereal/fallow, is it fallow? If so it probably had cereals the year before
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Graham1969

Post by Graham1969 »

crash wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:51 pm Havent looked at the mod. What does the last field look like? Cereal/fallow, is it fallow? If so it probably had cereals the year before
The field in question looks harvested with the stubble on the ground, and the crop was barley
humbe

Post by humbe »

It is probably telling you that 2 years ago, there was cereal on the field, and last year it was fallow.. Assuming the crop rotation mod works a bit similar as it did in seasons in FS19, you get yield bonuses depending on what you grew there last year and the year before.
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

Went to double check before answering, but it has been removed from Modhub so I assume there is an issue with the mod.
Graham1969

Post by Graham1969 »

Angler1409 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:52 pm Went to double check before answering, but it has been removed from Modhub so I assume there is an issue with the mod.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. In the meantime I'll remove the mod from my mod folder but I won't not delete it.
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

You can find the mod on bodzio528/FS22_CropRotation github page.

https://github.com/bodzio528/FS22_CropRotation
(Click the green "Code" button and select "download zip file")
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

Graham1969 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:45 pm I just downloaded the mod, "Crop Rotation". However, I have been left with a question I would like to ask the forum.

Q) In the Field Info box, it currently says Fallow/Fallow. However, on another field is says Cereal/Fallow; does this mean the mod is telling me what I need to do with the field next or what I should plant in the field.

Many thanks in advance
Hi, information in infobox is two previous categories. You start with Fallow/Fallow, because I have no way to tell what crops have you done before.

"Cereal/Fallow" means you have been had Cereal harvested last year and Fallow was the year before. It may be misleading at first, but there is limited space there. Detailed information about HUD can be found in game help menu.

The percentage efficiency is calculated with abovementioned categories and currently growing crop.
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

Angler1409 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:52 pm Went to double check before answering, but it has been removed from Modhub so I assume there is an issue with the mod.
Sadly, I have no way to tell the reason. After two weeks of testing by Giants, they finally allowed my mod to modhub, then removed it without notice after a few hours.

Was it crashing? Did I use forbidden LUA function? Was there some kind of performance issue? Do they plan to release Crop Rotation as part of paid DLC? I really don't know.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I hadn't realised you don't receive any notice if a mod is removed, I would have expected them too tell you the reason why.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

bodzio528 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:46 am
Sadly, I have no way to tell the reason. After two weeks of testing by Giants, they finally allowed my mod to modhub, then removed it without notice after a few hours.

Was it crashing? Did I use forbidden LUA function? Was there some kind of performance issue? Do they plan to release Crop Rotation as part of paid DLC? I really don't know.
Maybe it`s because it get`s LUA errors if you use the mod without Preciaion Farming. I saw some mod review videos, and all of them tell the same. With Precision Farming everything is fine. Without PF, you get error messages and game crashes when you try to walk to a field.
It`s not mentioned in the mod describtion, that Precision Farming is mandatory. Perhaps they removed it because only the describtion is a bit unprecise.
Is it intended, that the mod works only in combination with Precision Farming?

Best you reach out to Giants and ask them why they rrmoved your mod from Modhub without notification.
punchi

Post by punchi »

i think the problem is, you copied most of the code from FS19 seasons :D
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

punchi wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:00 pm i think the problem is, you copied most of the code from FS19 seasons :D
Modhub reviewers surely looked inside the code, and I did not remove Realismus Modding markings from there. I do not claim I've figured all the call parameters all by myself, I've analyzed lots of other mods in order to check what is the "proper way" of doing certain tasks. That how moding is done. I use existing modHub content to create more modHub content. I do not publish this mod anywhere else, I do not use it to collect money via crowdfunding (but I must admit that Crop Rotation in FS is very desirable feature - maybe on par with another 3m cultivator).

What should I do? State that "This is port of RM_Seasons19 features to FS22"? Well, it is not. Seasons is way bigger. And then someone would say: "whatthehell, did he really used Seasons19 to advertise his creation?".

Code from Seasons19 had to be modified to work with FS22, and reverse engineering giants engine is not as easy as it sounds. That part is my own contribution to the community. Well, if it was easy, then CropRotation mod would have been there way sooner.
TobiHH wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 pm Maybe it`s because it get`s LUA errors if you use the mod without Preciaion Farming. I saw some mod review videos, and all of them tell the same. With Precision Farming everything is fine. Without PF, you get error messages and game crashes when you try to walk to a field.
Crash with precision farming disabled may be an issue, but as far as I can tell, the first public modhub release had PrecisionFarming listed in dependencies explicitly. So why would anybody enable CropRotation mod standalone?
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 pm Is it intended, that the mod works only in combination with Precision Farming?
No, mod will be working even without PF, I had no time to upload an update with this issue addressed.
TobiHH wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 pm Best you reach out to Giants and ask them why they rrmoved your mod from Modhub without notification.
I did. I hope all this fuss is just about stupid lua error, that could be fixed with two or three lines of code.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

bodzio528 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:45 pm
TobiHH wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 pm Maybe it`s because it get`s LUA errors if you use the mod without Preciaion Farming. I saw some mod review videos, and all of them tell the same. With Precision Farming everything is fine. Without PF, you get error messages and game crashes when you try to walk to a field.
Crash with precision farming disabled may be an issue, but as far as I can tell, the first public modhub release had PrecisionFarming listed in dependencies explicitly. So why would anybody enable CropRotation mod standalone?
Maybe it was a translation issue, but the german mod describtion was not clear about that.
It was only mentioned that it CAN be used with PF, it was not written, that PF is mandatory.

And as this is a well known seasons feature from FS19, which worked without PF, it`s not unlikely that a lot of playes tried this mod without PF.