Update 1.7.... When

Graham1969

Update 1.7.... When

Post by Graham1969 »

I have noticed while looking at the details for the new DLC's that it requires Update 1.7 which is obviously not released yet.

With the Vermeer DLC pending release on 22 August 2022, when will this Update come out giving Giants enough time to iron out any issues arising from it.

I would also like to ask the forum what they expect to see in the new update. I would like to see harvesting contracts made possible again as they fast disappear when I go to the contract screen
Spardose

Re: Update 1.7.... When

Post by Spardose »

honestly one day before the next DLC, as last time
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Updates aren't released early to give them time to iron out the inevitable. When 1.7 drops, the inevitable "might" be ironed out in due time, likely months.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

You already received the game that you paid for. Any further updates are extra. Be happy with what you paid for lol
FTF
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

They mentioned in one of the previous pod casts that 1.7 would include a fix for the contract issues. The updates typically drop a day before the DLC.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

What we need are the release notes so we can plan for whatever 1.7 will break...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Honkyfarmer_v1010

wheelmansteve wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:45 pm What we need are the release notes so we can plan for whatever 1.7 will break...
I'll make this easy, what feature do you love most? Lol
FTF
Graham1969

Post by Graham1969 »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:33 pm
wheelmansteve wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:45 pm What we need are the release notes so we can plan for whatever 1.7 will break...
I most definitely like the seasons part of the game, which makes me think about things before i do things in game. Crop planning for my animals etc is essential so that I do not run out of supplies. Okay, I know that I can buy feed supplies from the store but it feels more rewarding to me when i have grown and harvested the crops I need to get the supplies etc.

When the harvesting contracts were available I was often baling the straw from those contracts for my own benefit, possibly at times having too much that I needed and having to sell it along with animals so my pens get got overloaded.

I am really looking forward to the new map that comes with The Platinum DLC to see what I can do with that one; trees possibly lol forestry not being my favourite part of the game though. Hey! Who knows, things can become interesting if the forestry physics get sorted out right.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Graham1969 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:58 pm [

I am really looking forward to the new map that comes with The Platinum DLC to see what I can do with that one; trees possibly lol forestry not being my favourite part of the game though. Hey! Who knows, things can become interesting if the forestry physics get sorted out right.
I dont foresee big changes with physics but one can hope. I'm hoping the contracts get sorted out this time and nothing gets messed up. I wanna build up my farm with custom harvesting. I sometimes get annoyed that updates only come with DLC releases. All I can do is think that too many resources were spent on the DLC and not on fixing the game.
FTF
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm You already received the game that you paid for. Any further updates are extra. Be happy with what you paid for lol
whaaaaaaaaat? this guy really know the things hahahaha any patch they release to fix the bugs are the guarantee that you are not became scammed, and if they doesnt do that, you can even ask for a request in the law!
Honkyfarmer_v1010

alanarientiziech wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:05 pm
Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm You already received the game that you paid for. Any further updates are extra. Be happy with what you paid for lol
whaaaaaaaaat? this guy really know the things hahahaha any patch they release to fix the bugs are the guarantee that you are not became scammed, and if they doesnt do that, you can even ask for a request in the law!
I was in a sarcastic poking the bear mood when I sent that lol. Yes Giants fixes the issues trial and error style but eventually the ingredients come together for the most part
FTF
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:56 pm
I was in a sarcastic poking the bear mood when I sent that lol. Yes Giants fixes the issues trial and error style but eventually the ingredients come together for the most part
Don't forget the life altering thin ice, while your poking that bear.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:56 pm
well, there are people capable of everything, never doubt their capability!
Honkyfarmer_v1010

CoreyTr wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:55 pm
Don't forget the life altering thin ice, while your poking that bear.
Meh, I broke thru and learned to tread water. It's cold in here, but I will manage lol
FTF
FarmerSkidSteer

Post by FarmerSkidSteer »

Graham1969 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:58 pm
Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:33 pm
I most definitely like the seasons part of the game, which makes me think about things before i do things in game. Crop planning for my animals etc is essential so that I do not run out of supplies. Okay, I know that I can buy feed supplies from the store but it feels more rewarding to me when i have grown and harvested the crops I need to get the supplies etc.

When the harvesting contracts were available I was often baling the straw from those contracts for my own benefit, possibly at times having too much that I needed and having to sell it along with animals so my pens get got overloaded.

Agreed looking forward to the harvesting contracts, also looking forward to if they fix the tracked Kubota skid steer with its lifting height. Hence my name I like skid steers in the farm