Grape Pruning X2

LittleWatt

Grape Pruning X2

Post by LittleWatt »

Has anyone tried attaching the grape pruner to front and rear linkages, and successfully pruned two rows at once? The idea just popped into my head. I would love to find a use for the grape/olive tractors. But their low power is crippling for single pass operations, which significantly cuts down on field time. Higher horsepower small tractors are excellent for mulching and cultivating in a single pass.

Some sort of high pressure air blower would be great for pruning. At least in my off-planet mind. Convert the sprayer to forced air and knocking off dead plant material. Not realistic I’m sure, but I don’t care.
Decriptus

Re: Grape Pruning X2

Post by Decriptus »

It works
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Decriptus wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:54 pmIt works
Excellent.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

Takes a little practice I found to get your line right. I actually found it easier to put them on a Valtra G as the heavier tractor doesnt get bounced around as much if your vineyard is not perfectly smooth
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Steel_Horse wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:07 am Takes a little practice I found to get your line right. I actually found it easier to put them on a Valtra G as the heavier tractor doesnt get bounced around as much if your vineyard is not perfectly smooth
That was exactly the tractor I was considering. I used the Linder on a different map but not for pruning. Just mulching and cultivating. I have a large vineyard so I can try a handful of options. Got all winter to prune, once I get to winter.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Steel_Horse wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:07 am Takes a little practice I found to get your line right. I actually found it easier to put them on a Valtra G as the heavier tractor doesnt get bounced around as much if your vineyard is not perfectly smooth
The Valtra worked great, thanks for the tip.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Decided to try a little test. The Antonio Carrarro Mach 2R will run two implements at once. The hp requirements don’t add up, but on a minimal grade it can run a mulcher and cultivator at normal operating speed. Might be hope for these specialty tractors yet. And that don’t have much bounce on the field.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

The more I use these lil beauts the more I like them.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

LittleWatt wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:14 pm Decided to try a little test. The Antonio Carrarro Mach 2R will run two implements at once. The hp requirements don’t add up, but on a minimal grade it can run a mulcher and cultivator at normal operating speed. Might be hope for these specialty tractors yet. And that don’t have much bounce on the field.
Sounds good. I tend to try and put my vineyards at least partially on slight vineyards and have found the little tractors next to useless for that, certainly never with two ground implements. Even on the flat a slight course deviation causes the implement on the back to catch which swings the tractor. Certainly prepared to accept that second issue is more my lack of skill
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Steel_Horse wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:33 am
LittleWatt wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:14 pm Decided to try a little test. The Antonio Carrarro Mach 2R will run two implements at once. The hp requirements don’t add up, but on a minimal grade it can run a mulcher and cultivator at normal operating speed. Might be hope for these specialty tractors yet. And that don’t have much bounce on the field.
Sounds good. I tend to try and put my vineyards at least partially on slight vineyards and have found the little tractors next to useless for that, certainly never with two ground implements. Even on the flat a slight course deviation causes the implement on the back to catch which swings the tractor. Certainly prepared to accept that second issue is more my lack of skill
I’m using the TPN 140 mulcher and Dondi Discovitis Mod 2m cultivator. I also run only down the center once. I’ve seen others painstakingly remove all the trash, but I don’t.