The Fish Farm

LittleWatt

The Fish Farm

Post by LittleWatt »

My, my, my. I really don’t like being pessimistic towards creativity, but this little beauty needs special attention. A very simple breakdown of this mod.

I need to download three mods. Yes, three mods. The ZoddelZockt pallets require beams and planks, which require a special sawmill to make. So, three mods. I have to invest well over 350k money just in factories. I must build three separate factories. I need to invest in forestry equipment, a corn header, purchasing or producing mineral feed, the latter of course needs an additional factory, and a large chunk of land. All this to make a pallet of fish that might make me 4000 money on Easy economy.

Wow. Not going to make my mod list. Too many other options to make use of corn.

Consider the consumer, or end user, if you like that better.
Decriptus

Re: The Fish Farm

Post by Decriptus »

I was so excited to see this come out....been waiting on something like this since I saw the fish income area on six ashes.....then, after I downloaded and saw what was involved.....I'm 46 and almost cried lol....over 500k initial start up for factories, forced logging and everything needed to make fish sells for more than the fish....instant uninstall
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Decriptus wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:58 pm I was so excited to see this come out....been waiting on something like this since I saw the fish income area on six ashes.....then, after I downloaded and saw what was involved.....I'm 46 and almost cried lol....over 500k initial start up for factories, forced logging and everything needed to make fish sells for more than the fish....instant uninstall
I did wait for Farmer Klein to review. Then I looked. I had to as he didn’t cover all the cost. Unfortunately I can think of at least 4 better uses for corn off the top of my head. To me it’s too much involvement for too little reward. If I was only building around the mod, that’s different. I could also find uses for wood aside from fish. Just to add fish…not for me.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Did you expect to break even with your first pallet?

You don't break even the first time you harvest a field with regular farming either.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

No, I didn't expect to break even...it's the fact that you can sell every single ingredient for more than the fish are worth, plus the almost 1mil startup cost....this includes 3 factories, tree harvester, log trailer and so on....it'll take years to make that cost up....or just sell the ingredients and actually make a profit. This mod could have been so much more user friendly and economically sound
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Don't use it then. They make it for themselves and you are lucky they put it out for others to try it. Also you can think of it this way set aside product for the favorites the rest sell at a different market, so you have fish and can sell the extra corn, wood, etc. Similar irl I'm am looking at booking a new 1200 head hog building which will cost roughly a million dollars. The corn I don't use to feed the animals we sell at the elevator to make money on that as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:16 pm Don't use it then. They make it for themselves and you are lucky they put it out for others to try it. Also you can think of it this way set aside product for the favorites the rest sell at a different market, so you have fish and can sell the extra corn, wood, etc. Similar irl I'm am looking at booking a new 1200 head hog building which will cost roughly a million dollars. The corn I don't use to feed the animals we sell at the elevator to make money on that as well.
Hence why I put "instant uninstall" at the end of my post...my farms are multi function, I do a bit of everything, so my resources are better spent on more economical friendly avenues. Now if the fish farm didn't require those extra mods to make pallets I could justify the 350k and be happy with corn and mineral feed
Illinois Farmer

Maybe some farms have those mods already. Take a loan out and repay the loan, or continue to do what you want, but I don't see a need to bash the mod or modder.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I think you're confusing bashing with constructive criticism
Illinois Farmer

Fair, but it doesn't matter because you still won't and are not using the mod.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

I just smiled when I saw that the fish come in plastic boxes that are moulded for pallet forks yet for some reason the mod requires wooden pallets. At least for me on PC I can "extend" ZZ work just slightly and remove the wooden pallets from the recipe and just use the fish farm which looks kinda cool. Lot less fiddling and more straightforward economics