Moment of reflection, dissapointed?

trustmehomie

Moment of reflection, dissapointed?

Post by trustmehomie »

Hello.

I'm not modder, i don't have a modders team. I'm just saddly player and i want share my sadness.

When I played FS19, I was fascinated by the modifications of the global company.
I mean honey production, fruit trees by LS-Modcompany, Butter production stuff by LSFM and bakery/cheese factory and other manual things from Hof.
Farmer Andy did something amazing with husbandries.
I was hoping, Giants would do it in the new FS.
Something like 3 variants of factories:
-Small (manual production like - what i wrote up),
-Medium (half automatically - components unloading with a forklift inside and we can watch the production processes and turn on production machines),
-Large (full automatically like now).

Orchards? Only harvester. Actually you can't buy a better machine than this and you can't harvest any other way with lowprice tools/machines.

Husbandry? Only feed, give water (not always), sell animal products. No interaction with animals, we do not spend time on them.
I know, not everyone wants it, not everyone likes it and not everyone wants to play it like that.
But that's why the DLC is made. Modders can't do anything around it except edit the map. These are not global mods.

I really love this game but the limited options that should be available to us frustrate me.
King of the farming simulators but without the crown. (maybe because they have no competition).
I am just dissatisfied and disappointed.
What do you think about this?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
CoreyTr

Re: Moment of reflection, dissapointed?

Post by CoreyTr »

trustmehomie wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:01 pm
Hello.

I'm not modder, i don't have a modders team. I'm just saddly player and i want share my sadness.

When I played FS19, I was fascinated by the modifications of the global company.
I mean honey production, fruit trees by LS-Modcompany, Butter production stuff by LSFM and bakery/cheese factory and other manual things from Hof.
Farmer Andy did something amazing with husbandries.
I was hoping, Giants would do it in the new FS.
Something like 3 variants of factories:
-Small (manual production like - what i wrote up),
-Medium (half automatically - components unloading with a forklift inside and we can watch the production processes and turn on production machines),
-Large (full automatically like now).

Orchards? Only harvester. Actually you can't buy a better machine than this and you can't harvest any other way with lowprice tools/machines.

Husbandry? Only feed, give water (not always), sell animal products. No interaction with animals, we do not spend time on them.
I know, not everyone wants it, not everyone likes it and not everyone wants to play it like that.
But that's why the DLC is made. Modders can't do anything around it except edit the map. These are not global mods.

I really love this game but the limited options that should be available to us frustrate me.
King of the farming simulators but without the crown. (maybe because they have no competition).
I am just dissatisfied and disappointed.
What do you think about this?
I think it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. You are not alone. There are others who are disappointed with Giants interpretation and implementation of popular mods. They dummy it down, and make it nearly impossible to be fixed by modders.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

CoreyTr wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:00 pm ...and make it nearly impossible to be fixed by modders.
This is my main concern, how much is salvageable by modders? How true is the quote above?

Sometimes I wished Giants didn't implement anything new, only focusing on engine and a solid base for modding, so players could customise their experience with advanced mods. I know that will never happen because of lots of stuff, but one can dream of what could have been right?
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I'm just waiting for them to realize that rain makes mud...
trustmehomie

Post by trustmehomie »

Yes, this is my personal opinion. FS22 is great. I still have a lot of fun being a virtual farmer (thanks modders for more complex mods).
I am not annoyed by bugs and mistakes.
It just feels like the game is incomplete. If they can't give us these many things in base game and DLC they could give a place to modding for modders.

I wonder why they can't implement e.g newborn animals (visual growing up etc).
if they can't by law why don't they make a modding possibilities about that?

Idk, but I like discussions and I like to read about people's ideas in the forum.