Maps

Cali

Maps

Post by Cali »

Is it just me... I can't seem to find any map except Calmsden by Oxygendavid that I can sink into and is fun to play.
Oxygendavid is as far as I know the only mapmaker regarding fs22, that has the knowledge and understanding on how to create a real life like map.

Do anyone know of any other map, present or upcoming with the real life like feeling like Calmsden has?
PeterFarmer

Re: Maps

Post by PeterFarmer »

Yes Attingham Park ;) the Map is coming soon, in testing list. You Can see the prewiew of the Map on YouTube (daggerwin)
Cali

Post by Cali »

Thank you, Attingham Park looks like it has potential!
I really want to like fs22, but the lack of maps with a more realistic approach is depressing.
it's beyond me how Giants has not yet hired mapmakers like Oxygendavid and like.
PeterFarmer

Post by PeterFarmer »

I I understand you, it's the same for me, very difficult to put myself on a map for lack of immersion. I love Calmsden too, Attingham and Griffin Indiana will ne great Map too
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Oxy has another map coming out and so does bulletbill, also griffin Indiana is in testing....I'm having the same problem you are....over 500 hours on calmsden and less than 200 combined on every other map. Some map makers think because they put unrealistic stuff on the map it makes it good....I just want a map that feels right and fun to play. I put over 2.5k hours on lone oak on 19 and can see me doing the same on calmsden. Those two maps are the standard for fs on console.
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

Same boat here.Erlengrat or whatever is the only map I keep going back to.I’ve played Calmsden but as good as it is,it’s just lacking something.I think it’s a bit of traffic.I just feel a bit isolated on it.Oakfield was my go to map on FS19,many 1000 of hours.I live around 30 mins from where Oakfield is,and 30 mins from where Calmsden is irl.Sussex farms was another map I enjoyed on 19,by A Jim I think.I wished those maps could be converted over to 22.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Cali wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:50 pm Is it just me... I can't seem to find any map except Calmsden by Oxygendavid that I can sink into and is fun to play.
Oxygendavid is as far as I know the only mapmaker regarding fs22, that has the knowledge and understanding on how to create a real life like map.

Do anyone know of any other map, present or upcoming with the real life like feeling like Calmsden has?
Out of curiosity, what are you looking for in a map?
Cali

Post by Cali »

Yes I remember Oakfield, an amazing map!
That Bulletins map and Oxygendavid's Court Farm looks like real life images, wow 😁

What I look for in a map is a more realistic approach and feel to it. I've tired to make one In Giants Editor myself, but man is it hard 😂
So I'm not trying to talk down on the other mapmaker out there, don't get me wrong, but I'm sadly not able to enjoy the more "standard" maps for fs22.
Also light, colours, groundtextures and like, I think is a big part of what differ Calmsden and hopefully Attingham Park, BulletBills next and Court Farm will have that 😁

Just to clarify, I'm very thankful for all modders, without them Farmingsimulator would be a "dead" game long time ago!
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

well, did you try Gelderland or Butchern? Or maybe Rennebu? I am not really into UK Maps, dont really know why, but maybe those two might be something for you.

The problem I often have with maps is that crops like cotton or sugar cane can grow everywhere. Both are not really common in Europe, but on almost every map you have the AI planting cotton. Rennebu and Gelderland are nice exceptiones.
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,

The problem is very simple :
Make a realistic map is very hard and need months to be built.

You want a triple A professional quality , but the modding community cannot produce many mods like that.

Giants have wisely choose to publish more mods with lower quality.

Good Game...
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

I think that a lot of people find an affinity with certain mapmakers - for me it's ALiEN JiM and Oxygendavid!

On FS17, I spent most of my time on Spectacle Island (AJ), and then on FS19 it was Sussex Farms (AJ), followed by Oakfield (OD), No Man's Land (AJ) and now on FS22, it's OD's Calmsden. Before switching to FS22, I was on Glazebrook by Steve's Mods, which had a similar feel to AJ and OD maps.

On the whole, I prefer UK based maps, and love those based on real locations. For the maps to appeal to me, realism is key, and attention to detail. As mentioned above, perhaps the one thing missing in Calmsden is traffic, although I get that it'd be difficult to implement it on all the single track roads!

Can't wait for more releases by the mapmakers mentioned above.
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

I have plans about more Norwegian type maps. They won't be as big as Rennebu for all technical and practical reasons though. I will continue to focus on realistic scenery, buildings and gameplay.
Cali

Post by Cali »

Yes I've played on Gelderland and Butchern, but they sadly lack the realistic feel I look for.
For me, more realistic roads, gravel and dirt is very important.
Your map Olahaldor has one of the best looking scenery and I love the idea of the big map, but Giants engine cannot support detailed groundtextures or what you call it, with that lage of a map if I understand it correctly.. This sadly breaks my immersion when I play.
I really looking forward to your future Norwegian maps 😁
Again, I'm forever grateful for all the hard work you modders put into your mods. and I know it's a gigantic task to make a AAA map!
My dream is that all top modders out there work together on maps in the future, I think Giants should support you on the way with everything they can. Imagine what the result may become!!!

On another note, it looks like we will not see Attingham Park any time soon either, its gone from the testinglist...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

One thing that often gets overlooked or rushed in maps are roads and traffic. Roads are one of the most important part of immersion in the map. If the roads look realistic and not just straight lines it helps a lot. I know most American maps will have straight roads and that's ok as it is the same in reality. But for EU maps to have just straight roads is an instant immersion breaker.
pedrodefig

Post by pedrodefig »

Have you tried EDOMOD's Italia maps? They are PC only.

https://www.ega.cloud/edomod/