MAPS I miss the most in FS22

Dan279

Re: MAPS I miss the most in FS22

Post by Dan279 »

@TheGazbeard,

I think he kept the railway on the map. Sorry
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

@Dan279

That's a real shame - the map was far better without it.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:43 pm [snip]

It's all about style and suitability, not model image quality ... This may be far more true for Brits because of our many historical locations in any area of the country and our extremely strict planning and building regulatory systems. I suspect many rural mainland Europeans feel the same way.
[/snip]
I've been running around on the recently-released Thornton Revamp (Steve's Mods) and this illustrates GazBeard's point, and Bill's, perfectly: Some of those sheds were old and used low-res textures even back in FS17, but they have the right style to fit the map: they feel British.

BP.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:04 pm
TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:43 pm [snip]

It's all about style and suitability, not model image quality ... This may be far more true for Brits because of our many historical locations in any area of the country and our extremely strict planning and building regulatory systems. I suspect many rural mainland Europeans feel the same way.
[/snip]
I've been running around on the recently-released Thornton Revamp (Steve's Mods) and this illustrates GazBeard's point, and Bill's, perfectly: Some of those sheds were old and used low-res textures even back in FS17, but they have the right style to fit the map: they feel British.

BP.
Exactly that….I lasted 3 minutes and was back on Calmsden
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Greenwich Valley, I got so into that map on 19 I now find myself struggling to stay interested in 22 without it, hopefully Nathan6930's Meadow Grove will scratch my itch when it comes out, (if it comes out that is) lol
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

FS-22 lacks a decent US map so I miss Lone Oak. Having said that I'm kind of glad none of these maps are coming to FS-22 and I think BulletBill and OxygenDavid have made the right decision not to bring them over. Its time to move on. Those maps were from the FS-17 era and I like moving forward.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:40 am Greenwich Valleyl
That was my favorite 19 map. I just kept going back to it. It had a pleasantly natural feel to it.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Gemeinde Rade on console I'm missing.
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

The Farming Agency edition of Lone Oak was epic. Miss it.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

The Valley The Old Farm
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Durango I wish turborunner would bring it over.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
IanM

Post by IanM »

The west coast. fs17? been on that right up to Christmas.
A great balance of large and small fields, A good road network and not full of space wasters.
Found out that it cant be installed on a new PC as the support/update page is closed. My Back up got stuffed as well!!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

IanM wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:08 am The west coast. fs17? been on that right up to Christmas.
A great balance of large and small fields, A good road network and not full of space wasters.
Found out that it cant be installed on a new PC as the support/update page is closed. My Back up got stuffed as well!!
It's still on ModHub
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
IanM

Post by IanM »

Think you miss understood. FS17 is no longer supported. I can install it from DVD yes. cant up date it, a failed backup stuffed a lot of saved data, so I cant plat FS17 at all.
Getting my head around FS22 and finding some good maps and the mods that make it worth using.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Decent maps for FS22 are definitely its weak spot. OxygenDavid's are both fantastic and a nod to the past glories of FS17. BulletBill's Herefordshire map looks amazing if/when he ever releases it.

I can totally see why those guys want to draw a line over their past maps and not update them for FS22. People should move on. I do miss a decent US map though so I miss Lone Oak.

I had a pretty decent looking US map set in the Palouse region that was pretty far through development for FS17 and then 19 but I gave up on it because like a lot of people I just didn't really like FS19 and lost interest in it. I've thought about reviving it but it seems a bit late in the day for FS22. I'll see what FS25 brings.

Part of the problem for map making now is the farm sim community seems completely fragmented. If you got stuck with a specific problem there was always the forums over on FS-UK with lots of helpful people. I'm not sure where everyone is now.