GIANTS is everything ok?

BulletBill

Re: GIANTS is everything ok?

Post by BulletBill »

The old FS-UK forum used to work far better for mod support and feedback.

When you submitted a mod and it got released the forum would auto generate a topic for that mod alone which was linked to the download page.

It allowed the mod author to easily have all feedback, questions in one place.

Of course that was back when the majority of modders actually cared about feedback and improving there mods.

These days it seems most modders on Modhub are only after the reward money and a bit of attention from players and YouTubers. These kind of modders aren't interested in improving there mod or having feedback, yet they seem to get massive support from many within the community.

It is also true that genuine modders have got tired of listening to the vast amount of self entitled, moronic, and completely ridiculous feedback you do get when releasing a mod.

Back on FS-UK anyone like that would have soon found themselves gone.

If GIANTS cared one bit about this, they would make some effort to improve this forum, maintain full time moderators, and give modders a proper platform all under 1 roof.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

I agree with BulletBill on this, I concentrate all of my efforts on this forum as far as working with feedback is concerned. Having a auto link from the mod to the forum would be a huge help for the community. Even though I clearly stated in the maps description how to get support. I spent entirely to much time chasing YouTube comments in a effort to stop the spread of disinformation. Its like only a small majority knew about the support thread. Very frustrating to the point I have given up commenting on YouTube anymore.

I also have to agree with Eische on how easy a thread can get buried or hard to look up. The forum needs a section for mod support only and auto generated as BulletBill described. GRIN19 had a Thank you thread that I used to gather feedback and keep everyone informed it had over 70k views and over a 1k post yet it is now buried so deep in general discussion section it would be very hard for a newbie to find even though that information is still relevant.

On the other hand as BulletBill pointed out "self entitled, moronic, and completely ridiculous feedback" do we all really want that new traffic. I'm sure all of you have read through some of the post on the FS Steam forum, and go wtf
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

JMGaming_ wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:59 am Hello,

A very good modhub update could be a minimal playing time to unlock rating system. And if you send a bad rating you must explain your reason with a minimal text size.

The main question is : my mod pass the Giants certification but you send a 1 star mark. What's wrong with this mod ?
Because a large part of ratings are not serious it's only hate or from friends.
When there is only a rating and no description there is likely to be misunderstanding.

Kids and otherwise immature people are likely to give 1 star because of a missing/different personal preference, rather than a functional issue.
I have games on the mobile app stores, and had low ratings and bad reviews just because a person is struggling with a game level, even for free games.

I agree, your suggestions for modhub would be a good add, and would weed out the spite ratings.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

ajFarmer wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:55 pm
I've always felt there should be a separate section on Giants Forum for ModHub Mods, that whenever a mod gets released on ModHub gets updated to include a thread for that specific Mod and Author. The section is locked so no random threads can be created and the only threads in it are for the individual mods. I feel the ModHub Website should then have a link to that Mods Feedback/Support Thread on the Mods Page, that way every player can find it easily and be taken to the correct thread for the mod they are downloading or have downloaded and need to submit feedback, bugreport or whatever for. I'm pretty sure a decent web designer could implement that functionality and connect it all up fairly easily.

There definitely needs to be some better solution to get the mod authors and players communicating in one location. Right now it absolutely frustrates me when I can't find a way to contact a mod author, or have to trawl through facebook, discords or other sites to try and find where they are hiding. It reaches a point where trying to contact someone takes far too much time and honestly at this point it's just much easier to delete the mod and move on if there is a problem.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
crash

Post by crash »

So now its pc players complaining because the modhub is to realaxed?🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think that fs22 is the most enjoyable mod wise so far. Giants letting unrealistic mods into the modhub are great! If you dont like it, dont use it🤷 And modders beeing more creative to use whats in the game to make unrealistic stuff and xploits are also great. With todays stuff on modhub you can make quite some money machines that was previously only doable with sheeps and wool....... 😴
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

A crazy question i suppose, but why don't Giants allow a Steam Workshop? If they did that, i'd rather buy the game on Steam and pay it thru GE Force Now rather than console. The thing is on GFN, you can only get mods thru the Workshop.
garyst

Post by garyst »

We didn't get any massey Ferguson yesterday so giants had to double down today and release two updates and a new one. :biggrin2: I have no problem with modders making massey Ferguson tractors I am just surprised at the amount we see and especially how often they get updated.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

garyst wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:07 pm
I could be wrong but I think it might be because a certain popular youtubers favorite tractor brand is MF
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

So in two days, two mods had shown up on mod hub that were stolen. Only taken down when members of the modding community reached out and had a say, and it still took an ambassador to get their attention.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:13 pm So in two days, two mods had shown up on mod hub that were stolen. Only taken down when members of the modding community reached out and had a say, and it still took an ambassador to get their attention.
And your point is? Theres nothing within a mod that says "oh this was made by so and so 6 years ago" . In other words, how would Giants possibly know a mod or part of a mod was stolen unless someone brings it to their attention? The problem isnt Giants allowing mods that are stolen, its the audacity of people trying to submit stolen mods
Playing on PC and PS4
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:32 pm
fcdrifter13 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:13 pm So in two days, two mods had shown up on mod hub that were stolen. Only taken down when members of the modding community reached out and had a say, and it still took an ambassador to get their attention.
And your point is? Theres nothing within a mod that says "oh this was made by so and so 6 years ago" . In other words, how would Giants possibly know a mod or part of a mod was stolen unless someone brings it to their attention? The problem isnt Giants allowing mods that are stolen, its the audacity of people trying to submit stolen mods
Think hard about that for one second. It took a group of people, 5 mins upon it being released to see that it was stolen. It took longer for the mod 'creator' to claim that it wasnt stolen than to prove it was. A literal google search could find it in a few seconds by typing in the mod name. Stop giving companies an out, do what some other people have suggested and support modders correctly and with a historiography of mods instead of the void that currently exists.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Giants can only do something if the modder makes a claim rather than guess work
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:47 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:32 pm
Think hard about that for one second. It took a group of people, 5 mins upon it being released to see that it was stolen. It took longer for the mod 'creator' to claim that it wasnt stolen than to prove it was. A literal google search could find it in a few seconds by typing in the mod name. Stop giving companies an out, do what some other people have suggested and support modders correctly and with a historiography of mods instead of the void that currently exists.
What does a google search prove? That someone released a similar mod or a mod by the same name? Do you realize how many different versions of mods there are out there? And how many are claimed to be made from scratch? Unless someone can show that its definitely their work and not someone elses then google is not going to help. And honestly the only person who should be claiming that a mod is stolen is the original creator
Playing on PC and PS4
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

This^ for all you know the version you brought up on google with a different creator is the stolen version. This is a solution searching for a problem.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If you really really want to be sure no stolen, buggy or 3 meter cultivators ends up on the modhub, the solution is extremely simple, they can close it..... :gamer:

(Yeah, I know, it will luckily not happen)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...