GIANTS is everything ok?

Illinois Farmer

Re: GIANTS is everything ok?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The real question is have you reported to giants any of the "stolen" mods in question? Giants removes mods that are stolen and investigates others.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
punchi

Post by punchi »

How should Giants know if a mod is stolen or not? There billions of mods out there, they simply cant know every mod. Just report it.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I don't offer sarcasm. I was pretty straight forward. I test every single mod I download from ANYWHERE before I dare load it into my save. In my early days playing fs on pc, I fell victim to a bad mod. Ruined my save completely and back at that point I wasn't in the habit of backing up my saves.
To the point I actually made, this is what people wanted. I have seen so many wild requests for a farming game since joining this forum. Everything from a military bunker to a super car... I mean... really? If everyone that was present at that time will think back, Giants was very reluctant to put anything in the game that wasn't up to standard and/or didn't really "fit" the game when they started supporting and releasing the mods for consoles. The mods, while taking longer to release, were released without errors, texture issues, and the like. But it was "too slow" and many many people on here were barking at Giants to allow more stuff thru at a faster rate. Ask and you shall receive.. even if the pot isn't as sweet as you originally thought it might be. PC people tried telling everyone that the trade off the the massive amount of mods available to us is the risk. The risk of broken or even corrupted mods that might put your whole system at risk of being damaged. I mean... I guess you could try to get Giants to turn the dial back a little but it seems based on what I have seen released for 19 and now 22, I think that ship has sailed.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@fcdrifter13- I apologies for my sarcastic comment, I rarely post on threads like this. I was just trying to bring to light how easy it is for Giants to overlook a simple mistake in mod testing. Your post seemed like it had a lot of anger towards modders who don't deliver super quality mods and it struck a nerve for me. As you know there are lots of quality mods to choose from, and some are defiantly lacking. But we still have a choice to use them or not. I do however get your message on not wanting to sift through some of them, Especially unrealistic ones or ones that are defiantly broken. So I do see your point in this matter. I only download mods from ModHub because of the safety net knowing your going to get a error free mod for the most part, But I can see how you don't want it to become like every other mod site with bug infested mods. So I do agree with you on that for sure.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

I'm still lost on which mods are stolen. Heck I dont know which ones are lacking quality or maybe I just happen to only download ones that are "quality". Maps have always been hit or miss but ones I cant stand sometimes have good ratings so someone likes them. Some more clarity and specifics on this thread would be helpful or like Illinois said, report the stolen mods
FTF
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

The OP has some valid points! We have seen mods put on modhub then taken off in a very short time. Mods that just are not right. Mind you Im not knocking modders, as they are the true sole of FS.

As far as stolen mods go giants is only out for themselves!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Mattxjs wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:39 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 pm Instead of it being Giants fault, maybe it's the OP's fault for not vetting the mods that they download better. Yeah I went there. Test the mods you download instead of it being Giants fault all the time.
What an utterly, utterly, utterly, STUPID point. The whole point of the ModHub is that GIANTS only accepts original, non-stolen content. You're essentially saying that we, the community and consumers of such mods, should do their job for them. Granted, there's the occasional slip through the net, but let's just say the recent stolen models always seem to be from members of a South American country :hmm:
I am the king of stupid points. I try not to take life too seriously.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:42 pm I don't offer sarcasm. I was pretty straight forward. I test every single mod I download from ANYWHERE before I dare load it into my save. In my early days playing fs on pc, I fell victim to a bad mod. Ruined my save completely and back at that point I wasn't in the habit of backing up my saves.
To the point I actually made, this is what people wanted. I have seen so many wild requests for a farming game since joining this forum. Everything from a military bunker to a super car... I mean... really? If everyone that was present at that time will think back, Giants was very reluctant to put anything in the game that wasn't up to standard and/or didn't really "fit" the game when they started supporting and releasing the mods for consoles. The mods, while taking longer to release, were released without errors, texture issues, and the like. But it was "too slow" and many many people on here were barking at Giants to allow more stuff thru at a faster rate. Ask and you shall receive.. even if the pot isn't as sweet as you originally thought it might be. PC people tried telling everyone that the trade off the the massive amount of mods available to us is the risk. The risk of broken or even corrupted mods that might put your whole system at risk of being damaged. I mean... I guess you could try to get Giants to turn the dial back a little but it seems based on what I have seen released for 19 and now 22, I think that ship has sailed.
If I understand your post, you're saying that Giants used to be slow and methodical about releasing quality mods, but changed all that because "many many people" said it was too slow.
From what I've seen over the years, Giants does exactly what Giants wants, and at their own pace. For example, sitting on a patch to a known issue for many many weeks before releasing it ahead of a paid dlc. "Ask and you shall receive" didn't help the people wanting to do in-game contracts.
Some people think Giants can do no wrong, and anything critical is the OPs fault.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 pm Instead of it being Giants fault, maybe it's the OP's fault for not vetting the mods that they download better. Yeah I went there. Test the mods you download instead of it being Giants fault all the time.
What's the point of viewtopic.php?f=963&t=140422 if players are expected to do their own vetting/testing? Do you think they should just release everything that comes in, and let players fend for themselves? The modhub would quickly join the ranks of those questionable mod sites.
If Giants is testing, as they claim they are, then it certainly is their fault.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:33 pm Sadly despite everyone so far putting the blame on the OP, they are missing the point, he isn't completely wrong about Modhub.
In recent times the standard of mods submitted and being released has certainly been questionable.
There are mods currently on Modhub which are using stolen models that had no right to be uploaded to Modhub. Only because the original authors have long since left the FS community is the only reason they haven't been taken down as of yet, although this is something some of us are continuing to try and raise with GIANTS through Ambassadors, as when they can be bothered they are incredibly thorough in there testing.
There are also mods that while they may have passed GIANTS inconsistent testing, are something you would expect to see on modhub.us, which tells you all you need to know about those mods. 1 million bhp and 500m wide implements, and every colour config under the sun, plus don't forget to scale the tyres to a factor of 100 to really finish it off.
As for unfinished maps... that is a tricky one. Thanks to GIANTS agenda to promote the "build your own farm" side of the game since the beginning of Fs19, we have seen more and more "blank" maps being submitted to Modhub and while I understand their appeal to certain players they are so basic some could definitely call them unfinished.
For myself it definitely is disheartening to say the least to see the smallest of efforts or worse blatant model stealing being praised and supported. While I am all for encouraging more to start out modding I feel quality and original models should be where we place our support and praise.
I agree with the OP and I definitely agree with you Bill. I have downloaded quite a few mods recently that I have to say miss the mark so to speak. I won't talk about stolen mods because because I rarely go back in time to see if the mod was done by someone else and is now merely being "converted" by certain modders without permission as the original modders are no longer in the "active" community. And I don't think Giant's themselves check that, they merely wait to see if someone puts in a copyright claim.
I will however talk about mods that miss the mark, and as you say, somehow make it through Giant's inconsistent testing process. There are quite a few mods that I've downloaded that promise to do X Y & Z, only to find out that they only do X, and if you're lucky maybe Y as well. For example a cultivator that works fine as long as you do the job yourself, but as soon as you put it on a worker it get's to the end of it's pass and then stops, kicking up a message saying "job complete" or "no field found" when it tries to turn around. How these mods made it through testing is beyond me, but I can only assume that Giant's either only checks to script for errors, or they give it a quick whirl to make sure it's indeed cultivating. However it's obvious that it's not been put through it's paces.
As for mods that are "super mods" and cover 500M in one pass, I guess that's up to the downloader to decide if that's something they want or not depending on their play style. Same with maps that are blank, or so called "survival maps". They are becoming so common that it's disheartening. The original concept was good, but we're now at the point where people aren't even bothering to put in more than 2 or 3 fields and the rest of the map is empty so you can "do as you want". The original survival maps had some thought to the them. The new ones don't... The sad part is as you say, it doesn't encourage innovation, but rather a desire to get something done quickly and easily so it can be put on modhub and the maker can make some money quickly.
From the screen shots I've seen I'm really looking forward to you new map, and it'll definitely deserve 5 stars. I commend you for not rushing it out just for the sake of it and I can't wait to play it and review it on my channel.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

They kept failing lazy e lizard bale trailer twice in a row over stupid mod icon yet they pass stolen mods, and generally really low quality mods and maps by certain modders which i wont name. Its not fair and its way to incosistent. QA team has been lacking the quality between themselfs it seems. Or they just dont care about quality assuarance anymore...
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I am fairly sure I heard it said that mod testing is outsourced and not done in house, if I am correct in that then in my opinion this is where much of the inconsistency in testing comes from.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

njuska11 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:54 am They kept failing lazy e lizard bale trailer twice in a row over stupid mod icon yet they pass stolen mods, and generally really low quality mods and maps by certain modders which i wont name. Its not fair and its way to incosistent. QA team has been lacking the quality between themselfs it seems. Or they just dont care about quality assuarance anymore...
The problem is modders say it's stolen after the mod is out and not before
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,

I have 3 mods on the modhub. And the hardest thing to get is 'feedback'. I Work very hard to find feedback somewhere : YouTube, twitch or others... i found only a few lines.

You think modhod have low quality mod ?
Where have you send your feedback ?

Modders want more feedback. More feedback they have more quality you will get after.
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

I would say the opposite is happening, Giants are becoming more strict about mods and standards, ergo the reduced number of mods per day now.