What are you all doing on your farms?

PrincessJessi84

Re: What are you all doing on your farms?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I didn't think the hotspot would let me upload it (it took forever). I normally play in cab so much that I hadn't taken the time to appreciate what this handful of mods does.. The lime.. dirt.. grass... tracks everywhere! I kind of went crazy playing around. Its so nasty!!!! I love it. I just want to throw a HUGE thanks to ViperGTS96 for an amazing set of mods. It really adds a lot imo.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'm running far too many farms ...
... I've got a medium-sized enterprise on Calmsden, of course, which is going into the next year, running Claas and New Holland,
... A horse-and-grass operation on a heavily modified Greenlands, the idea is to make money out of breeding horses. Not going well so far!
... An "old-and-small" on Somerset, this time on the pig farm in the northwest of the map, running all vintage Massey Fergusson by PeterJ, including the MF1250 that didn't make it to modhub

And in addition to that doing setup, which I do far too much of, on Iowa View, that's going to be all John Deere of various ages, probably a big operation and maybe run with Yumi's Contractor Mod and I'm running around on Attingham Park, thinking about a setup on there ... and there's a Polish map I haven't looked at for some time

And all of which are on pause while I try to work out the new Maize Plus which looks to have revolutionised animal farming, hopefully to the point that it's fun again!

@PrincessJessi84 - best wishes for your health issues.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:56 pm
Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:47 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:23 pm Restarted my save due to getting a little heavy handed in the loan dept lol. On Griffin, new farmer, sold off all the starting equipment. Bought a TLX2020 and basically pretending that I left everything behind and liquefied my assets to see what a farming life will bring me. Doing some contracts to save for equipment. Really trying to avoid taking any loans. Ultimately I'd love to farm the entire map and have all the animals
Another reason I think I'm gonna switch to hard economy, it's too tempting to not take out a loan. Especially when a nice old model mod drops lol
Literally just changed the economy to hard. I need to find a simple mod to remove AI costs. This way I can run a family farm and limit myself on the amount of workers to "family members".
I use the Bank management mod to increase the loan interest rate to 6 - 10% and then have a rule that increased borrowing above 300k add a further 2%.
Also made a little mod that changes contracts so that no equipment is offered. ie you can only do them if you have the gear or you lease it yourself.
Lastly I use the Lease to Own mod but with a change that adds 15% to the buy price if I want to buy out the lease. It made no sense to me that the original mod doesnt consider interest at all an simply allow the use to defer the cost till later, counting all "lease" payments as principal repayment.
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

Hey Princess Jessi,

I hope your difficulties will be shortly overcome, I'm having my own problems at the moment, so I understand your train of thought. Farm Sim has been and still is a great way to empty your mind with some basic tasks, it has been my crutch over the last year and a half while struggling with health issues.

As far as my farm, I've started a small farm on Griffin, it all started back in 19, when I fell in complete awe of this map. So when I heard it was coming back to 22,it was obviously a no brainer.

I started with some contracts, and some were very lucrative, worked my way up to buying a small plot of land beside the animal dealer, and then after some more contracting eventually bought the old abandoned farm land just below it. I've got myself a small tractor and a few basic tools.

A few contracts more and I'll be buying my first farmland, and then my idea is to get some cows in a pasture, some chickens, and maybe a horse.

Who knows the sky is the limit in Farm Sim, well maybe not, but this game is what you make it.

Look after yourself Princess Jessi, and my prayers will be for you tonight. 😉
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
PrincessJessi84

I am loving hearing about your farms. I always find it really cool that people with the same maps, mods and the like available to them can create a farm and style that is unique each time.

My farm is going really well. Because of the changes I have made to my game, I am able to slow farm while maintaining slow but nice progress. I almost have enough scratched out for an oil factory and I have my eye on the mod one that does soy and corn oil as well. I did manage another small field and got my hay/grass/silage operation lined out. I had problems with the bunker at the main farm so I replaced it will a different one of equal size and squared my money away. And I got a forklift on sale so no more fumbling around with front loaders on my pallets.
I was thinking. If anyone is familiar with the map and would like, if you suggest a field on the map.. any field, I will save up for and work it next. Otherwise I think I am going to save up for the 3 big fields directly west of the farm.

Thank you all for your comments on my "situation". It is really scary but I am coping now, in large part because of your kind words. With all that's going on in the world, in our individual lives and even here on the forum, it's nice to see folks act like a community. Even if it is just to come together and talk virtual farms.

Now with that said, due to some very very kind words said by a selfless and kind person, I am going to start another farm on Griffin, Indiana. Sadly I never gave the map much of a chance because it just looked really big. But after hearing all of the amazing things you all have to say about it... how could I not. TY AJ! Sorry for not giving it a go sooner. Just going off everything I have heard, I don't think I will be disappointed.
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Little update on my griffin farm. No loans, 4 day months, hard economy. Doing contracts on days that my farm doesn't require any work. Running the new sts combine that just dropped on the modhub recently and an 8410 and 8960. Currently saving up for a disc harrow to utilize as fall tillage now that I found a mod that globally adds mulching effects to all disc harrows.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
PrincessJessi84

Hey DMZ, did you get a new gpu? (or whole new rig maybe from the look of it)
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
PrincessJessi84

That last line didn't register until now. Do you by chance have a link? Thanks to some advice on our local farming practices by Illinois Farmer, I have started heavily preferring to disc over other tillage methods and it would be nice to cut that step out as the mulchers aren't particularly large in game.

On a side note, I hate mulching. Which is odd to be because I LOVE mowing. If I use the JD butterfly mower/mulcher, I can mow all day but get bored mulching inside 10 minutes.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

The mod is called 'Disc Harrow Mulcher'.....I'm not sure if it was originally uploaded to modhub.us or not but that was the least sketchiest site I located it on.

And I'vehad my current PC setup for almost a year now after the tragic loss of my old PC.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 pm because I LOVE mowing.
Me too, I even smell it, the cut fresh grass :mrgreen:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Thanks Princessjessie for starting this thread. There had been a similar thread in the FS19 days that I enjoyed so looking forward to participation here. I tend to be a follower that enjoys reading about how others do their farming. Also best wishes with your health issues.

I tend to approach the game as a farm manager with a small paid crew driving my tractors and trucks. I use both Courseplay and Autodrive extensively paying my employees the 50% rate during start-up and when the farm developes with a sizable bank account I give them raises. Actually once I reach the stage of what appears to be a fully developed farm my interest seems to wane and I start searching for another map.

In FS19 I developed my Huron County Michigan map to over 2,000 acres and a bank account of over $10,000,000 and then I started all over again and building up to about 1,300 acres and a $3,000,000 account as my last FS19 save.

I had purchased FS22 as soon as it was available but took 3 or 4 months to get acclimated to it and actually discovered the FS22 converted versions of Huron County Michigan as well as the Upper Mississippi River Valley. From there I went onto Green Valley Nebraska, Back Roads County and Stone Valley 22. I keep all three saves active in the game and will work one of the three for several sessions.

Yesterday I began a new save for my Back Roads County map because of a map update requiring a new save. I don't accept the provided Autodrive splines when I start a map preferring to develop my own road system. Lots of work so I was happy to be able to bring over all my Autodrive roads and way-points to the new save.

I am currently working this new save as normal economy and not using any money enhancement mods with only short term loads - like a day or two. I am currently in October and waiting to harvest a field of soybeans I just bought. The contracts have been very well and the disappearing act seems to have been solved by Giants. All is well with me and FS22 now that I have been using it for a few months.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
crash

Post by crash »

Playing on the holler, started with the corner/ intersection farm yard, small shop and a shed. planning on owning the bottom part of the map, a biig feedlot and a lot of corn...

Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I go into each map with a specific goal in mind. I research the area to find out what crops are grown, what brands are most popular, and what the largest exports are. Once I have the general information are the area, fictional or non-fictional, I start the map. Since I play multiple maps at the same time, I can easily get bored without a goal. Elmcreek is a general, test the game map. Erlengrat is all about Swiss. Cheese and chocolate, and what actually grows in the high elevation. Goldcrest Valley 22 is about cheesecake and sourdough bread. Olives and grapes. Haut Beyleron is about bread and oil. I developed a warm spot for that appetizer years ago. Southern Cross Statuon is beef, wool, and sugarcane, and massive equipment. Westbridge Hills will be all things corn related, beef and pork. Old Stream Farms will be just farming. No productions at all. I’ll have all livestock types except horses, and just enjoy the farming aspect. Nice small scale equipment, too. Since all of these are in different stages of growth there isn’t one specific thing that stands out.

I would love to do Sosnovka if I can completely rebuild the area. Bring in new products and productions, new sources of renewable energy, that sort of thing. I haven’t looked at the map to see what I can or can’t change. And even if I can’t buy then demolish existing factories, I might just sacrifice a huge field for new factories and new jobs for the locals. Sosnovka was my philanthropic and altruistic map from FS17. I loved it. Rebuilding such a decrepit place into a refreshed farming co-op was rather fun.
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

I have several saves going on Griffin right now. I am a logger and have a sawmill in my real life day job so I tend to focus on forestry operations more than anything ( I'm one of the guys really looking forward to the Platinum Add on ).
I have one save started with only forestry owning only a house in town and the smallest tract of timber across from the spinnery. I want to build this up into a furniture building empire eventually

I also have one titled Griffin Ag Service that just has the plot of land with the house and shed up from field 12. I only do contracts on this one starting out really small with mostly International and New Holland Equipment. When I say start out small my spraying contracts are done with an H Farmall and a little John Deere sprayer.

A third save is a multiplayer farm that my son and I work on. He has a farm with fields 23 and 25 on the north side of the ballpark and I have fields 2 and 12 and the farm next to the sawmill and animal dealer. We are pretty much running all John Deere on this one.

We also have another Multiplayer save going on New Bloomfield Canada where I have a sawmill and the furniture factory and he has some timberland and cuts logs for me. We tend to rotate between them depending on what is happening. In my opinion Griffin is the best map out for 22 so far.

I also had a save going for a while on The Holler which I think is definitely in the top 3 maps for 22. I logged off the hardwoods and chipped the tops. It was quite a bit of fun until Fall came with the flickering tree textures. I built a couple of different farms on this one using small equipment.

I really love this game. I have been playing it since 2008 and living in 3 different states with several different jobs. Having seen how far FS has come in the last 14 years is amazing to me.
JKeller Farming

Post by JKeller Farming »

Slowly working on a cow farm on the East side of Griffin map just off the main road where it curves North. Finally able to purchase some cows. When I want a change of pace I fire up my forestry save on Western Wilds.
Just a desktop farmer living the life in Griffin, IN