What are you all doing on your farms?

PrincessJessi84

What are you all doing on your farms?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

So I have had a really bad couple weeks. It all started with some test results that are pretty much worst case scenario. I have just been real down and conflicted about so many things. So naturally I turn to farming sim for comfort. And why not turn to the community for comfort as well!?

It's no secret how much I love this game. So much that for 19, I made a forum just so I would have an excuse to interact with the community in a meaningful way lol. And nothing would make me feel better than talking "farms" with you all. Please please please... I am begging.. can we just talk farms? I don't want to fight with anyone... I literally don't have time for all that.

So I have started Sosnovka 22. I don't know why but I have always loved that map. I played 17 for an absolutely embarrassing amount of hours. There were only ever 3 maps in 17 that held my attention for any length of time. Sosnovka was absolutely one of them. It was when the wife played with me and we started off the same way everyone on console did... slow lol. Before it was said and done we owned every field on the map. No meadow left unmowed and very few spruce type trees that weren't replants. Our animal operation was completely wild. We had so many sheep alone that if we just sat there pulling pallets we could hit the console limit every single day with just our wool. We built up every area we could with what was available in 17. It's one of the only times I have ever went large scale all the way. It was honestly a lot of fun building that map up.

I have set out to do it but in glorious fs22 fashion. I would love to work the land nice and slow like before but I am not sure I have time for that anymore so I have made a few changes. I have the mod now where I can set the speed of my tools to get more work done. I don't use helpers so if I want to progress good and "finish" the map in time, I don't really have too many options. I have also lowered the field values by 25% and have increased the production speeds of all factories by 10% (anything faster and things get too much for me to keep up as I don't teleport between vehicles and the like either). I am conflicted on going easy or sticking with normal normal difficulty but for the first time in 22, I have started an actual game on something other than hard. Also, using the sales customizer mod, I have increased the amount of sales by 50%. Everything else is pretty well straight forward. Mod vehicles and scripts like manual attach, tire tracks, straw from more crops, more exhaust smoke, more dust particles and some factories, storage, various greenhouses. If anyone needs the name link to anything I mentioned, let me know. They are all on the modhub.

I started with the main farm. Quickly bought the chickens and adjacent field. Also bought the 2 fields directly north of the farm. I have my eye on the sheep pasture next but it's going to be a few years before that is remotely possible but here's to the future. The cow barn sits empty at the moment but I did get a small feed mixer on sale toward the beginning. I bought the old JD (7810 I think) to pull a plow and JD square baler but I kept the 2 smaller of the 3 starting zeters for most of my field work and animal tending for now. I am currently headed out of winter, year 1. I bought an olive greenhouse over the winter but I think there might be something wrong with it. I only had it for a month and it made like 20k L of olives so I think I am going to dial it back. I just want something to tide me over while I save up for the olive trees and shaker (and a suitable field). I was thinking about changing the number of chickens the coop can hold. The built in coop only holds 100 chickens. I know I could just put down one of my own but it seems silly to remove one just to place down another that has roughly the same footprint because it can somehow hold more chickens and I don't plan on having more than 1 or 2 coops to supply my factories anyway.

I have winter canola and wheat as well as a planted grass field in now and going for sorghum and oat this spring. I have literally mowed every single patch of grass I can get a mower into and baled it all up. I am on the fence about selling or keeping them for a few cows maybe by summer. Also, I still have those olives. It took a lot of stuff to make them (seed, water, solid fert and herbicide) so I don't want to just delete them but over 20k L seems over the top for a single month. I need to do a cost vs profit and see if its as cheaty as it feels. What would you all do about it?

So what the heck are you all farming? Give me all the juicy details.
Also, I don't know if this post is allowed to be here. I understand if a moderator *has* to move it but if its optional, please don't.
Anyway, I think that's all I have for now. If you all want I could post pics and future farm updates? If nothing else, thanks for reading. Happy farming
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
coleislazy

Re: What are you all doing on your farms?

Post by coleislazy »

i tend to enjoy the early game of trying to get started a lot more than later on when the money is rolling in, so i tend to jump maps a lot. but now i'm settling into griffin indiana with a big ol' list of rules i made up to make things more challenging and possibly more realistic as well. its a lot more work to get some momentum going when i also have to worry about having enough money to pay for personal expenses as well as expanding the operation.

so far i've been doing contracts with some minimal equipment while staying at the local motel (which is expensive!), but i made the mistake of leasing a harvester at the end of last harvest season and i was only able to get one harvest contract done before winter. now i have a year lease on that thing (one of my personal rules) and its just sitting collecting rust and draining my wallet. but still, i've been slowly saving up some money and i may have enough to put down for a loan on a reasonably-size field after this next year. its slow going, but a lot of fun!
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

That's a good idea Cole with the leasing rule. I'm starting out on Griffin as well. It and Lone Oak are the only maps I've been able to stick to ever on Farm Sim. I wanna start out small, like hey I think I'll start farming and dont know what I'm doing small. I just wanna get back to playing the game and not keeping a mental reminder of all the nuances that help make the most money. I just wanna farm and try different tactics. Sometimes I win sometimes I lose. Think I may try hard difficultly since this will be a long save. I feel this game was most enjoyable when I started on 17 and had no idea what i was doing but i just kept grinding and turning profits from doing a little bit of everything.

PrincessJessi84, I wasnt sure how to interpret your test results and comment about not having much time to play. Hoping that the later is not specifically associated with the former. Wish you the best and that you can sort through the decisions and that it all works out in your favor soon.
FTF
Ffermwyr Cymru

Post by Ffermwyr Cymru »

I am mostly on fs19 pc balincraig estate making silage agbags in between looking after the cows.
Fs22 ps4- Don't really play much fs22 after I bought my laptop but I was on antringham estate keeping 250 cows.
FS15,17,19,22 ps4
Fs19,22 laptop
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

First of all let me say that I’m a fan Princess Jessi. Always enjoy your posts there always well spoken and thought out. I wish you the best in whatever your facing and hope all goes well. As far as the farming goes I’m settled into Griffin on the starter farm working on getting enough feed to start a dairy operation. And haven’t thought much farther ahead then that play it by ear I guess! Again best wishes to you and your family.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Restarted my save due to getting a little heavy handed in the loan dept lol. On Griffin, new farmer, sold off all the starting equipment. Bought a TLX2020 and basically pretending that I left everything behind and liquefied my assets to see what a farming life will bring me. Doing some contracts to save for equipment. Really trying to avoid taking any loans. Ultimately I'd love to farm the entire map and have all the animals
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Honkyfarmer_v1010

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:23 pm Restarted my save due to getting a little heavy handed in the loan dept lol. On Griffin, new farmer, sold off all the starting equipment. Bought a TLX2020 and basically pretending that I left everything behind and liquefied my assets to see what a farming life will bring me. Doing some contracts to save for equipment. Really trying to avoid taking any loans. Ultimately I'd love to farm the entire map and have all the animals
Another reason I think I'm gonna switch to hard economy, it's too tempting to not take out a loan. Especially when a nice old model mod drops lol
FTF
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:47 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:23 pm Restarted my save due to getting a little heavy handed in the loan dept lol. On Griffin, new farmer, sold off all the starting equipment. Bought a TLX2020 and basically pretending that I left everything behind and liquefied my assets to see what a farming life will bring me. Doing some contracts to save for equipment. Really trying to avoid taking any loans. Ultimately I'd love to farm the entire map and have all the animals
Another reason I think I'm gonna switch to hard economy, it's too tempting to not take out a loan. Especially when a nice old model mod drops lol
Literally just changed the economy to hard. I need to find a simple mod to remove AI costs. This way I can run a family farm and limit myself on the amount of workers to "family members".
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:56 pm
Maybe this mod ? :
Gamedifficulty: Survival
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:05 pm
Maybe this mod ? :
Nah I'm ok with workers, I just don't want to pay them lol family farm style....Google is saying a mod called AiCost will do what I want, but I can only find it on sketchy sites. Trying to locate the proper download location.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:08 pm
OK :)
Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:08 pm
EUROFARMER22 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:05 pm
Maybe this mod ? :
Nah I'm ok with workers, I just don't want to pay them lol family farm style....Google is saying a mod called AiCost will do what I want, but I can only find it on sketchy sites. Trying to locate the proper download location.
The only one i know of is on sharemods and is called free labour.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I found AICost and it works like a charm. It's on modhub.us....confirmed via YouTube lol...didn't know people actually uploaded legit mods and not ripped ones to those sites.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Honkyfarmer_v1010

I try and figure the best way to make the game "even out" on console. I'm ok with the worker costs as I feel the fuel costs arent very much sometimes. Or the. Volume used isnt realistic enough. Finding a good mix of slow enough paced but not unbearably slow lol
FTF
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Hey everyone, I haven't abandoned this thread.. we have underground fiber so it's SUPPOSED to be safe... until some knuckle dragging inbred runs over the green junction box with his yard tractor and rips up a huge section of line. I am borrowing a hotspot for a few minutes but I may not be on too much until they get done digging everything up to be replaced.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick