Time for a break

LittleWatt

Time for a break

Post by LittleWatt »

I’ve reached the point where FS22 just can’t hold my attention any longer. This is remarkably sad as I had two maps of FS17 with more hours than all the FS22 maps I’ve played combined. I’ve been trying to pinpoint the issue and I can’t really put my finger on it. But it is likely split between the production stuff, which I can avoid, and the machinery sounds. Although some audio is much better, I prefer unique sounding tractors. I don’t care how superbly accurate so long as they sound great. Too many hissing machines. Granted from inside the tractors, they would be quiet. But outside, they won’t be that quiet. There’s a laundry list of vids available of a variety of different exhaust notes for different manufacturers.

I shouldn’t nag that much on FS22 as no games are appealing right now. So it’s definitely break time. Time to read more books and recharge my mind.
CoreyTr

Re: Time for a break

Post by CoreyTr »

Loud and clear buddy. It's not the same game it used to be.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well it's not going to change anytime soon Valtra tractors are quiet and boom they are right next to you
johnlinden

Post by johnlinden »

As I make videoes for FS22, It has me farming still. But I have playled little for myself. I find that animals are way too dumbed down for farming in a realistic way. They don't eat enough, don't die, no sickness, too much milk, not old enough to give milk but give milk. Pigs, only one birth per pig, eat way too much, can't afford too keep them for profit. All animals do not die, live forever at 60 months old. The point to getting your crops to feed your animals is very unbalanced, Too much crop for the small fields and animals won't eat it all. Then I feel there is no need grow for the next year when my silo is full and I have enough food for a couple of years. I do love to play like real life, hope this game may come back to that.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Farm sim is and always will be about the mods and mod maps. Allowing console mods has grown the game but the retention of those sales will forever be tied to the mods and modders. Also, Giants may put alot of detail in their tractor models, but they always lack uniqueness and options. I cant remember the last time I used a vanilla tractor or implement, it's all mod equipment and mod maps now. And it's only because of Griffin map that I'm even playing and anxious about playing more.
FTF
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Sometimes its good to take a break...I would go away and come back....but I dont think there is another game exist with so much replayability. I mean each map or mod offers a different unique experience. I had all 20 saves used on 19 with different scenarios. It was fun to play on a certain map leave it and come back to it a few months later to pick up where I left off.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Lol its like when someone posts on social media that they're taking a break from social media :lol:
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I have not been able to get into it as much as FS19 so i just keep leaving it for a while and then coming back . Maybe for me its because i have started playing with seasons on and though i enjoy the seasons it just seems way too slow paced and i end up sleeping after 11 am once everything is done
Moot

Post by Moot »

I agree with this ^

I like fs22 seasons. I play at 3 days per month. But I don’t like how many times I end up sleeping. If I turn seasons off, will the game play like fs19?
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I've been playing Construction Simulator, but I'll come back to FS after a while, just like we all do.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've just come back, partly due to the second cold I've had in three years, and spent the weekend catching up on Greenlands and thoroughly enjoying it. I've got Maize plus running which helps a lot as this was always intended to be a horse stud with farm to supply feed and I'm wondering about trying out Precision Farming again.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I'm in the same spot; not all that interested in FS22 right now. I mainly want a 4x map that the AI driver works on (hillier version of Western Wilds at 4x); the AI driver is probably the most half baked part of this game as it seems fairly hard to setup because most mod maps don't use it.
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:27 pm I'm in the same spot; not all that interested in FS22 right now. I mainly want a 4x map that the AI driver works on (hillier version of Western Wilds at 4x); the AI driver is probably the most half baked part of this game as it seems fairly hard to setup because most mod maps don't use it.
Its a lot hard to implement on build your own map style, as the map maker don't know you are going to make your fields. The simple way do it is paint asphalt as most the ai path will follow this
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Missyb wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:45 pm
bossmanslim wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:27 pm I'm in the same spot; not all that interested in FS22 right now. I mainly want a 4x map that the AI driver works on (hillier version of Western Wilds at 4x); the AI driver is probably the most half baked part of this game as it seems fairly hard to setup because most mod maps don't use it.
Its a lot hard to implement on build your own map style, as the map maker don't know you are going to make your fields. The simple way do it is paint asphalt as most the ai path will follow this
This is correct, yet most don't put the pathing on the roads that are in the map, even on maps that aren't build your own style.