Question for FS22 Thrustmaster Wheel users …

Faelandaea

Question for FS22 Thrustmaster Wheel users …

Post by Faelandaea »

Hello, all. I am looking to ditch Logitech since you have absolutely zero control over Force Feedback on newer wheels. Looking i to Thrustmaster. So my question for you,TM users would be: “Does the Thrustmaster software allow you to completely override a game’s Force Feedback to have your own preferred centering spring?

With the Logitech G920, 9 times out of 10 when I start the game, it doesn’t even recognize the game’s force feedback, yet it recognizes that the game HAS force feedback so it doesn’t enable it’s own centering spring. This was possible with my G27, but that wheel is loaned to a friend for the time being.

If TM gives me control over FF then I’m definitely making the switch.

Oh! Also, one more question, if you will … “Does FS22 recognize 1080 wheel rotation or are all the vehicles limited to 900 degrees?

Thanks, guys. Stay safe out there.

And sorry for the sloppy typing. Typing all this on my phone while out on the road.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
JensChrDK

Re: Question for FS22 Thrustmaster Wheel users …

Post by JensChrDK »

Faelandaea wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:58 pm Stay safe out there.

And sorry for the sloppy typing. Typing all this on my phone while out on the road.
Well - I hope you hit a tree, and not my kids.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

JensChrDK wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:35 pm
Faelandaea wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:58 pm Stay safe out there.

Well - I hope you hit a tree, and not my kids.
You DO realize "on the road" doesn't mean "driving", right? I'm a truck driver. "On the road" means I'm just not home. I'm in my truck ... on a phone ... and I was sitting at a shipper waiting to get unloaded when I made the post. I guess the term in Denmark might be different, as here in the USA literally the most common term for not home and out traveling, either for work or vacation or any other form of travel, is "on the road".

Still curious as to my questions, though, if anyone knows the answers :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Well I'm sorry, my bad - I just put together "sloppy typing" and "out on the road" and that equalled "typing while driving" in my head :blushnew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

HAHAHA! No worries, mate :) I had started to type a worse reply, then I had to remember culture difference and slang/lingo and doubled back to put myself in your shoes. Trust me, nothing out here bothers me more than some numb-nuts typing on their phone while driving - ESPECIALLY if it's 80,000 lbs of commercial vehicle (I'm looking at you, White Volvo drivers with your flip flops on, foot on the dash and phone in hand as I'm passing you).
Faelandaea Dravin
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I have a thrustmaster and there is an option to use the games settings or your own
Playing on PC and PS4
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

@Drmattymd THANK you for verifying that. I remember the good old days being able to do that with Logitech, but apparently laziness is key to their company now as their motto is now "Meh, let the game handle it."

I appreciate the answer.

How about degrees of rotation? I keep trying to look that up, too, and all I get are tutorials on how to remove a dead zone ROFL.
Faelandaea Dravin
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

I am currently running the T300 RS GT and you can 100% override the force feedback in the Thrustmaster software. I own multiple wheels and my finding was sometimes the force feedback in FS doesn't always work shall we say as intended. A work around i found was when starting the game go into options and look for the axis of the wheel which in my case is set at 0% change this to 30% save it then change it back to 0% and save again then let the game load up and the games force feedback works every time. I have the G29 and G923 which are still in their boxes so can't say if those work the same as the Thrustmaster with the changing of the wheel axis on start up. The Thrustmaster T150 is a good wheel but the case on mine started creaking which was annoying so then i changed to the T248 which i found a bit clunky so changed again to the T300. This is a great wheel which like Logitech has a very solid feel to it. The force feedback settings is something of a personal choice. If you run with the in game settings i have the T300 set at default in the Thrustmaster software and 100% in the game settings. After a lot of experimenting this works good for me. When driving slow in a tractor the wheel has very little force feedback and when you turn the wheel it still offers very little resistance until you accelerate and then you will feel it kick in and if you let go of the wheel it will return to the central position on its own it's like a rubber band effect. Hope all this makes sense and apologise that it's long winded. Just noticed your question about the rotation the T150 and T300 can all be changed in the Thrusmaster sofware from 0 to 1080 and the T248 goes to 900 like the Logitech wheels.
vlnjacki

Post by vlnjacki »

So with my Thrustmaster T 150 RS steering wheel I have no force feedback effects in the LS22 on the PS4, but in racing games like Gran Turismo 7, Assetto Corsa Project Cars I do.
Set the FF to the easiest level in the GT7 game.

To the steering wheel angle:
With the Thrustmaster T 150 RS you can probably set it in the software that is available for the PC from 270-1080°, just like many other things, since I don't have a PC at the moment, I use the steering wheel as it was delivered with the Logitech side panel together on the Playstation 4.
So I'm very happy with it, it works and does what it's supposed to.
Of course it's even more fun in racing games with FF, but the lowest level with FF is enough for me.

Video in German Speak:
PS4 (CUH 1216B)+Systemsoftware 11.50
LS22 Digital Edition 1.13.1.1 + Y1SP&Y2SP+P&H+PF
Logitech Seitenkonsole
Thrustmaster T 150 RS

[LS22-PS4] vlnjacki's
Community Thread

viewtopic.php?t=193971
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

My T-150 allows me to control ffb and a bunch of other settings. I have not used any other sets for comparison, but my setup has worked flawlessly on every simulator I have with full wheel support and was well worth the money. No regrets!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Thank you for the replies. I appreciate it. I’m sold. I’m getting a Thrustmaster.

I should have clarified, though, I already knew TM could go to 1080 for turning. I was more wanting to know if Farm Sim as a game recognizes 1080 turning on the steering wheel. I’ve heard that in some games larger than 900 degrees on the wheel has “dead zones” as you turn fully. Didn’t know if that was the case in FS22. I hope I’m even wording all of this correctly.

But yeah I think I might go for the T150 wheel. I’m on PC but from my understanding it works on PC as well. :)
Last edited by Faelandaea on Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faelandaea Dravin
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

There is 1 thing that turns people away from it. It's pretty whiney until its good and broke in. Didn't take too long for it to smooth out for me. Between FS, ATS and Snowrunner, it's nice and quiet now without feeling sloppy at all. I have never tried it on anything other than a pc.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Ah, thanks for sure. Good to be able to expect that.
Faelandaea Dravin