Erlengrat bugs and issues

BearClaw

Erlengrat bugs and issues

Post by BearClaw »

Hi, i use the original erlengrat map a lot, but there is issues / bugs on it.
Anyone else familiar with this? Ps5

Placeable generators do not work exept for the government subsidy signs.
The grass will change texture if planted ( from the original erlengrat grass texture )
The original grass texture do not get cut if used harvesters machines with grass header.

And the AI ... well ..
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
eric21

Re: Erlengrat bugs and issues

Post by eric21 »

Are they mods? And also do you mean mowers?
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Forage harvesters only cut planted grass
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Eische

Post by Eische »

For the grass issue:
The default grass on Erlengrat is a seperate fruit type called "meadow" which is not available for seeding.
You can use normal mowers to cut it. But any other headers/cutters need to be defined correctly to support it.

For generators:
That should not be limited to this one map only. Sounds like a general mod conflict you have.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

If you want the original meadow grass you have to paint it, but as mentioned this can only be mowed with regular mowers. In the real world the meadows are natural grass and flowers on hillsides and are not planted. The meadows are mowed with small and special alpine mowers, after tedding and windrowing (again with special alpine equipment), the hay is collected with for example a small loadingwagon. So the way Giants this has implemented is correct, planted grass in the real world looks also different from the grass in the meadows.

And indeed, the AI does not really work on those odd shaped meadows, so you have to do the work yourselves, something I really like on Erlengrat. The AI only behaves a kind of correct on rectangular fields in this game.