Fast forwarding crop growth

cedricthecat

Fast forwarding crop growth

Post by cedricthecat »

I'm on Calmsden, and I've got four fields nicely planted, fertilised, rolled etc, and a smaller one where I have some open pastures and have replaced the synthetic grass with stuff I've planted

I want to move time forward and get the crops grown, and to see how the grass looks in the pastures. Yes, I know it's not realistic to whizz through like this, but that's how I like it (I also always whizz through night time as I like to be able to see what I am doing)

So... I've got Seasonal Growth set to "off" and "Days per month" set to one day. I've repeatedly gone to the sleep trigger and fast forwarded to 8:00 the next morning, and then again, and again... It seems to be making no difference :(

Next to "Days per month" it says "Sets the number of days per month. Changes will take effect in the next season". Does this mean I have to wind forward through a whole season (so 90 days, thus 90 repeats of the sleep action) before it'll accept that I want 1 day months?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
CoreyTr

Re: Fast forwarding crop growth

Post by CoreyTr »

They improved it by making it harder and forcing you to incur costs at the same time. Quite brilliant, if you ask some people around here. If you ask anyone who likes to play the old way, they'll feel your pain.
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

if you previously had the days per month set to something other than 1, then yes, it won't change until you advance a season.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

I'm not too worried about costs, as I play in an arcade-ish fashion, with my own rules and plans for development of the farm etc, so always make sure I have plenty of money (NB: I don't use the Govt subsidy, rather I have a buying station with low prices and then sell at places a long way off, so to an extent I do have to "work" for the money!)

So, to get the crop growth aligned with seasons then, even though the actual "Seasonal growth" is switched off, I need to make sure I move to another "season" in the game? I started on May 1st, and advanced to May 30th with no change, so do I have to get to July/August? To do this quickly, do I need to be on 1 day months? Once it's flipped to the next season, if it IS on 1 day months, will seasons then pass in 3 days of advancing, not 90+?

Sorry for the questions, but I just need to be able to whizz through to get the game where I want it to be!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Crops take months to change growth stages not days. Set your days lower
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ I will do this!

I'm just worried that I might have to FF over 90 times before the game "sees" that I've done this and then allows one day months! I guess that once I have done this, if I find that this is actually too quick, it'll be easier to move to 2, 3, 4 or whatever days!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Yes you will have to fast forward the current month then the new setting will take over
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ Thanks - all done now! :D
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net