Soundlevel incab

Lexie

Soundlevel incab

Post by Lexie »

Is there any logical explanation why the soundlevel incab differs so much, even between same size and aged tractors. For example, the Zetor Proxima is very quiet, the John Deere 5m (Giants farmcon mod) is louder and in my opinion has a more realistic sound level. I understand there are differences in the realworld to, but this much don't seems realistic. Bigger tractors are mostly better isolated, so I understand those are more quiet. From the outside there is less difference in soundlevel.

I also noticed at newer tractors with manual transmissions, you hear the gearshift poke noise, but not the actual rpm change like on older tractors like the Fendt 515c and John Deere 7810. This also does not sounds realistic, so why is there a difference between tractors?
Richard Dower

Re: Soundlevel incab

Post by Richard Dower »

Giants Developer Network has tools to download and create your own. .gls files
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Richard Dower wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:50 pm Giants Developer Network has tools to download and create your own. .gls files
I'm playing on console, so I'm not able to create or edit files. I'm just wondering why there is such a difference.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

It’s just the way they are engineered and designed, some are just quieter than others. As far as I know giants records sounds in cab the same way, for everything. I think they even released a blog or a video of how they do it. It’s like expecting a Toyota and Porsche to be similar.
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

i doubt they put much time into recording real sounds, then tell me this, why does a forage harvester and a krone big m 450 sound the same as a john deere 7810
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, they have a few blogposts about sounds, like this, and this.
I think they have been mentioning it the podcast, but can't from the top of my head say which one.
Might have been a stream or two from farmcon etc.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...