Honey Bee Header Trailer

jeremyj621

Honey Bee Header Trailer

Post by jeremyj621 »

Can someone explain to me how this header trailer is supposed to work? I know you need to detach the front end of the trailer from the back end, center the header on the back end, and then connect the front end directly to the end of the header, but the problem I keep experiencing is the header slides off the back end of the trailer. It doesn't seem to lock onto the header.
Zx6ram

Re: Honey Bee Header Trailer

Post by Zx6ram »

You have to connect the back part from the combine seat and it should automatically detach I believe that's how it works
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

OK, but what I'm trying to do is connect the header to the trailer so I can transport it. The back end of the trailer (the wheeled part) keeps sliding out from under the header, so I end up dragging the header.
Untiedshoes

Post by Untiedshoes »

Look on YouTube for a video that farmsimguy did that explains it. It’s far easier to watch that than to try and explain it. It’s a bit tricky the first time you go to hook it up. It should be the first video if you search Farmsimguy honeybee in the search box. I couldn’t figure out how to put the link on here. Otherwise I would have.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

OK, I was lining the header up wrong. I thought it needed to be lined up dead center with the wheeled part of the header, but it needs to be lined up off-center to the right, in line with the harvester's right front wheel/track. If lined up properly, the option to connect the header to the trailer should pop up.
bombom677

Post by bombom677 »

jeremyj621 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 pm OK, I was lining the header up wrong. I thought it needed to be lined up dead center with the wheeled part of the header, but it needs to be lined up off-center to the right, in line with the harvester's right front wheel/track. If lined up properly, the option to connect the header to the trailer should pop up.
Yes, once that's lined up you attach the back of the trailer from inside the combine, then I find if you lower the header you can then back up the front part and attach it. Once you attach the front it'll disconnect from the combine automatically then you can drive away.

Also make sure the header is folded before you try and attach to trailer if not nothing will show up to be attached.
mike34s

Post by mike34s »

jeremyj621 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 pm OK, I was lining the header up wrong. I thought it needed to be lined up dead center with the wheeled part of the header, but it needs to be lined up off-center to the right, in line with the harvester's connections game right front wheel/track. If lined up properly, the option to connect the header to the trailer should pop up.
Yes, organization is quite important
Kriunx

Post by Kriunx »

jeremyj621 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:40 am Can someone explain to me how this header trailer is supposed to work? I know you need to detach the front end of the trailer from the back end, center the header on the back end, and then connect the front end directly to the end of the header, but the problem I keep experiencing is the header slides off the back end of the trailer. It doesn't seem to lock onto the header.
Quick and Easy. Look at the Trigger.
The most important thing you often forget is to fold the cutting unit. If you don't do that, you'll be looking for triggers forever.

Alt im Gesicht, aber Spielkind geblieben.
https://www.youtube.com/@Kriunx

UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I’m gonna guess they’ve figured it out by now
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

MOST Important question: when parked in your shed, do they move around on their own?
Old fat guy with a day job...