FarmerDan72

Re: Google Stadia Shutting down

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Agreed.
PS4
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I just heard about this from the Red Dead online game community. Thousands of hours of progress some player have will be wiped and no option to save or transfer. Ouch.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

hun3 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:54 pm I just heard about this from the Red Dead online game community. Thousands of hours of progress some player have will be wiped and no option to save or transfer. Ouch.
At least for Farming Simulator, you can transfer it over to PC.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

It was doomed from the start and most of the ppl agreed on that since it was announced. There is no place for it along ms sony and nintendo. I just dont know why giants pushed fs games and spent resources getting the fs on stadia. Instead that could have been used to improve the game...
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:23 pm It was doomed from the start and most of the ppl agreed on that since it was announced. There is no place for it along ms sony and nintendo. I just dont know why giants pushed fs games and spent resources getting the fs on stadia. Instead that could have been used to improve the game...
To sell more copies, anyone who tells you different is a liar
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:49 pm
njuska11 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:23 pm It was doomed from the start and most of the ppl agreed on that since it was announced. There is no place for it along ms sony and nintendo. I just dont know why giants pushed fs games and spent resources getting the fs on stadia. Instead that could have been used to improve the game...
To sell more copies, anyone who tells you different is a liar
That's a given, but I'd guess that Najuska's point was those resources could have been directed at improving the game to generate more sales that way.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:35 pm
That's a given, but I'd guess that Najuska's point was those resources could have been directed at improving the game to generate more sales that way.
I whole heartedly agree that it could have but their target is pretty obviously to do enough to stay in with existing customers and just make a slightly improved game available to more buyers.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:53 am
I whole heartedly agree that it could have but their target is pretty obviously to do enough to stay in with existing customers and just make a slightly improved game available to more buyers.
My point is that giants dont need to hop on every trend in the industries. Stadia was something that was everyone skeptical about and for a good reason yet giants had to do it instead spending their resources to further improve the game on pc and existing consoles. Same with the fsl league like esports were very popular at the time so they have invested money and resources in a gaming trend that never suited a simulator game when the main point of fs game is to relax or simulate farming and enjoy mods. They just have to be everywhere to grab every possible penny without considering that they could rather improve the quality of the existing product and gain more happy and loyal customers that way...
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Maybe giants didn't have a choice. Maybe it was the publisher who pushed them onto stadia just like the publisher pushed for an annual release in one form or another.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:59 am
UncleRico wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:53 am
My point is that giants dont need to hop on every trend in the industries. Stadia was something that was everyone skeptical about and for a good reason yet giants had to do it instead spending their resources to further improve the game on pc and existing consoles. Same with the fsl league like esports were very popular at the time so they have invested money and resources in a gaming trend that never suited a simulator game when the main point of fs game is to relax or simulate farming and enjoy mods. They just have to be everywhere to grab every possible penny without considering that they could rather improve the quality of the existing product and gain more happy and loyal customers that way...
I remember how sceptical people were when Steve Jobs showed the iPhone, and the iPad, for the first time: It's always a gamble of which bandwagon to jump on and which one to ignore. And, of course, it's more complicated than simply "on" or "off" the bandwagon.

Speaking personally, the whole lot of Stadia, FSL, Productions, forestry, make-your-own-farm, consoles and so on, is a distraction from the farming that I want to play, so I could consign all of those aspects to "grabbing every possible penny" but they -- GIANTS -- don't listen to me, rightly so.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:09 am Maybe giants didn't have a choice. Maybe it was the publisher who pushed them onto stadia just like the publisher pushed for an annual release in one form or another.
They self-publish since FS22.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:16 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:09 am Maybe giants didn't have a choice. Maybe it was the publisher who pushed them onto stadia just like the publisher pushed for an annual release in one form or another.

Really? No waayyyyyyyyyy! It's almost like prior to release they elaborated that they were going to self publish which would give them more freedom to do what they want.

My previous statement still stands.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:48 pm

Really? No waayyyyyyyyyy! It's almost like prior to release they elaborated that they were going to self publish which would give them more freedom to do what they want.

If you're previous statement still stands, then you are blaming Giants themselves, since they self-publish.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Chaki wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:02 pm
hun3 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:54 pm I just heard about this from the Red Dead online game community. Thousands of hours of progress some player have will be wiped and no option to save or transfer. Ouch.
At least for Farming Simulator, you can transfer it over to PC.
Can you imagine what Giant's could do for Farming Simulator with two hundred billion dollars..... Muhahhahha

Assuming the funds got transferred of course.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:48 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:48 pm

If you're previous statement still stands, then you are blaming Giants themselves, since they self-publish.
No no....first part was sarcasm bc its a well known fact that they are now self publishing.........my previous statement puts blame (for lack of a better term) on the previous publisher. Since they dropped the publishers there hasn't even been talks of a new mobile version or of a new PC/console version that would drop next year. I believe that the publisher pushed giants to drop annual releases of the game and to go onto stadia from the beginning as fs19 was on stadia.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9