Google Stadia Shutting down

Sinclaircool

Google Stadia Shutting down

Post by Sinclaircool »

Just to let everyone know that google stadia will be shutting down on the 18th January 2023 :sadnew: :sadnew: :!: :!:
Link to google's help center for questions you may have
https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/12790109
Don't leak mods
blue_painted

Stadia

Post by blue_painted »

https://blog.google/products/stadia/mes ... -strategy/

Edit don_apple: post moved from separate topic into already existing one about the same subject.

SinclairCool beat me to it - I should have refreshed before posting!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrincessJessi84

Re: Google Stadia Shutting down

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Well that didn't take long. I get the feeling Google isn't doing so hot these days. They are grasping at straws trying to get into different markets and failing. First that phone plan thing that they just completely stopped advertising because literally no one wants a google phone when there are proven techs and services in place and you can get a prepaid for like $35 a month US. Now the stadia is inevitably failing for trying to get into an established market that is and has been locked down for decades by the gaming giants MS and Sony. I have even noticed that the google browser isn't optimized as well as it used to be and is now using more resources than even edge. Unless they get their act together, I believe we are beginning to see the downfall of google. Just my opinion based on my personal observations.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:41 am Well that didn't take long. I get the feeling Google isn't doing so hot these days. They are grasping at straws trying to get into different markets and failing. First that phone plan thing that they just completely stopped advertising because literally no one wants a google phone when there are proven techs and services in place and you can get a prepaid for like $35 a month US. Now the stadia is inevitably failing for trying to get into an established market that is and has been locked down for decades by the gaming giants MS and Sony. I have even noticed that the google browser isn't optimized as well as it used to be and is now using more resources than even edge. Unless they get their act together, I believe we are beginning to see the downfall of google. Just my opinion based on my personal observations.
Colossal companies like Google spend massive amounts of money on trying new stuff that ultimately fail.
Stadia, the phone plan and others are some of them, they're not the first and won't be the last, nor Google is the only company that does that.
Microsoft, Apple, etc, do that too, it's how they innovate.

Google and the parent company Alphabet, are offering a truckload of services under the group name "Google services".
Chrome is used by 65% of the worldwide population and Android mobile OS over 70%.

Not trying to scrutinize you, I just don't agree with your outcome of the situation. Google is nowhere near beginning to fall.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

It's a little naive to think you're seeing the downfall of Google. george.earlslight is right, they can throw truckloads of cash at whatever they want, and not be concerned if it fails.
Take a look at what they own before you count them out.
They are worth almost $2000 billion ($2,000,000,000,000), and generate around $20 million per hour.
I believe they'll be around for a long time to come. Just my opinion based on my personal observations.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Two thousand billion
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:50 pm Two thousand billion
Yes, they could give everyone on the planet a couple hundred dollars.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Fair enough george.earlslight. I don't pretend to keep up on these things. I had just noticed a trend with ads and stuff. Either way, they need to use some of those resources to optimize their search engine. It doesn't really hurt my system as I have enough memory to handle the extra load but rigs with lower ram seem to suffer. My sons rig bottlenecks on the ram with 16gb and when you open things to see what is going on, google is eating his available ram up even when it isn't running (it's near half at just over 7gb used by chrome) and the high usage is something I checked on all of our computers and it is almost the same across the board. He has had to completely abandon chrome now just so he can play his games like cyberpunk which otherwise runs great for him.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Maybe Google can get some tips from Giants on their optimization techniques.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Yes, I questioned that as well, I believe that’s two trillion, unless there’s some sort of joke or movie reference I’m missing
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:17 pm
Yes, I questioned that as well, I believe that’s two trillion, unless there’s some sort of joke or movie reference I’m missing
Wasn't there some sort of joke along those lines in Austin Powers?
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

deerefarm wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:12 pm
That could be, it’s been quite a few years since I’ve watched an Austin powers movie hahaha
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

deerefarm wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:12 pm
Austin Powers does it better haha.

2000 billion was a slight exaggeration, it's closer to 1500 billion, which is 1.5 trillion. In any case, we're not witnessing their downfall because of their pocket change project Stadia.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

To be fair, two trillion is the same as two thousand billions.
PS4
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Two thousand billion just sounds wrong and I'm fairly certain is not grammatically correct.....2 trillion is definitely correct......and the Austin powers reference was Dr evil requesting "one hundred billion dollars" in ransom
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9