Drying hay takes some time...

eric21

Re: Drying hay takes some time...

Post by eric21 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:13 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:08 pm
I wouldn't call it unrealistic. I make 4 to 5 crops a year and don't own a Tedder. Only have had to ted twice in the last 30 years. If it is sunny you only need 1 to 2 days to dry, rake and bale. My biggest complaint for maize plus is requiring the amount of tedding. To me that's way too much, but that is probably what they do in Europe.
I guess it's an area thing as most time here in the UK it is multiple times for hay and normally at least once for silage. As AJ pointed out if the rest of maize plus interests you and it was only the tedding putting you of it then the 22 version takes care of that now in giving the option on how you want to do things in that respect. It is a mod well worth checking out in your playstyle includes livestock.
I've only seen it ted once and even none here in the south
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Well that's entirely different to anything i have ever seen or been involved in. A good example is the youtube channel "Four Winds Farm" I believe they are based somewhere around Northants/Oxfordshire and produce large amounts of hay for selling on and even this year with the higher than normal temps they were still tedding multiple times and one thing is for sure no farmer would be burning diesel or putting extra wear on machinery without good reason.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Season in FS19 was very good to bring some risk / challenge.

Giants Season is visual only with some impact on crop calendar, which are not hard at all.

We can even plow during winter. It snow in December with a 10 degrees celcius...nothing is working as it's suppose and they close their eyes on that...probably because they don't know how to fix.

I'm missing Realismus Season a lot!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:14 pm Season in FS19 was very good to bring some risk / challenge.

Giants Season is visual only with some impact on crop calendar, which are not hard at all.

We can even plow during winter. It snow in December with a 10 degrees celcius...nothing is working as it's suppose and they close their eyes on that...probably because they don't know how to fix.

I'm missing Realismus Season a lot!
I've ploughed in the winter, especially when there's snow on the frost for all that free nitrogen!

I do miss many parts of Seasons 19 though ...
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

I like how seasons is in FS22. I hated it in FS19 because working 10 to 12 hour shifts and having a hectic day. then to come home to relax to play the game for 2 hours just to lose your crop or can't get hay done because it's raining. Nope that turned me off from playing with seasons from fs19. Now I know that in fs22 i don't have to worry about all that. So to me I really like how season is in FS22.. come home and have a relaxing 2 hours of game play....
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

You like FS22 Seasons, some people like Seasons in FS19, to each their own.
I prefer risky FS19 Seasons...FS22 Seasons is very dull and boring.
Hopefully FS24-25 or whatever name, will be much better and more realistic.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

bojanh66 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:00 pm You like FS22 Seasons, some people like Seasons in FS19, to each their own.
I prefer risky FS19 Seasons...FS22 Seasons is very dull and boring.
Hopefully FS24-25 or whatever name, will be much better and more realistic.
Hopefully configurable ... if nothing else, FS22 "Season Cycles" has shown that there's a broad spectrum of demand from "nothing at all" to "more severe than Seasons 19" for weather and so on.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I think having Seasons in 22 is a whole lot better than vanilla FS was in the past but Giants have played very safe with the feature depth as compared to the mod for 17 & 19. For a lot of more casual players (possibly the majority of the userbase?) its probably as involved as they want it for starting out with the franchise in how it is now but I can imagine a lot of the hardcore fans feel a bit cheated by its integration. I liked to play with Seasons mod in 17 & 19 although some of the features were a bit too involved foe my tastes. With all the options for toggling fieldwork processes in 22 I'm not sure why they didn't allow Seasons to be more customisable. I would have liked for things such as soil temperature and moisture to be retained as well as the subject of this thread, drying time/conditions for hay.