What is your favorite Farm Sim game?

combine2988

What is your favorite Farm Sim game?

Post by combine2988 »

So with me i started playing farming simulator 2013 i never went back and played the older ones i really loved fs2013 it was the most peaceful game i ever played hearing the birds chirping and just playing in a very nice peaceful world of Hagenstedt, I never grew up in the country but i always loved school field trips to farms, So i just thought it was so cool that i came start my own farm in a game and just found myself putting tons of hours into that game and just learning how every thing works, So after fs2013 i found out that a new farming simulator was coming out FS15 i had a really crappy all in one hp computer i ended up buy the disc copy of fs15 at Target and was so happy to play it went back home and installed it and DANG my computer couldn't run it so i went back and retuned that game and just stuck to playing fs2013 and long story sort i played that game for a long time until FS17 came out and bought a xbox one and a copy of fs17 and fell in love with that game more than fs2013 but fs2013 will always have a place in my heart that game bought me so much peace and and put me in a great state of mind, So when FS19 came out i played the early days of it one my xbox but i saved up some money and bought my first real gaming pc and learned more about all the great pc mods i liked fs19 but i wasn't really in love with that game even though i put way more hours on that game because of Lone Oak with all the good pc mods, Fast forward to fs22 Wow this one is great i really love the lighting and the new sounds i tried going back to fs19 after playing fs22 i cant stand the lighting in fs19 but thats just me, But right now i still have my first save on elm creek and i'm still having a great time on that map, But thats my little story of farming simulator i just really love this game Yes it was really sad getting into fs22 because my cat of 12 years passed a few weeks before fs22 came out but i know shes still with my in sprit and i bet she's laying down right next to my as i enjoy this great game. and just to get back on track my favorite farm sim would have to be fs22 and fs17 yes i loved fs2013 but i can't get back in to playing it just because of how far this game came
CoreyTr

Re: What is your favorite Farm Sim game?

Post by CoreyTr »

Although I've played them all, 15 and 17 are my favorites, and for the same reason as you, very peaceful and relaxing.
19 was ok for a bit, but I didn't enjoy it as much. The bugs were terrible, and left in game to carry over to 22. 22 was a hard no for me. Each version is more and more unfinished IMO.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

CoreyTr wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:47 pm Each version is more and more unfinished IMO.
Unfinished and dumbed down even more than the previous version. Simulator in the name is a joke at this point.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FS22 is my favourite, mostly for the improved sounds (compared to FS19) and the increased land-management compared to FS17 and greatly improved animal models, not to mention a number of small "nice to haves" that have been implemented.

I miss some of the realism of Seasons 19, patchy crop failure, the moisture model and so on. I'm even finding the construction mode and placeable system useful. I have largely ignored forestry and productions, and probably will continue to do so, and haven't tried olives or grapes. I will agree that FS22 has some areas that fall down -- the whole animals economy is/was badly broken but Maize Plus seems to have fixed that. The AI is still hopeless, but Courseplay and AutoDrive fill in for those.

I'm hoping that when Bullet Bill's Herefordshire map and Oxygen David's Court Farm come out the immersion will be taken to a new level.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I am not saying it was my favorite, but in FS17 you could mow the grass on the side of the road and bale it for quick early-game cash. I think you could mow your neighbors' headlands too. I miss that.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

For me, it was 19 with seasons and precision farming. 17 had far better lighting and slightly better gameplay, but the realism of seasons and the technical side of precision farming on 19 really sold it for me, plus the land management of 19 was better than 17.

I'm finally starting to really get into 22 now, but really miss the Seasons Mod vs the dumbed down base game seasonal cycles.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

19 especially with seasons. I couldn't stand the contract system on 17 and the console version was terrible in comparison to the console version of 19. Plus, how could you have a farming game without John deere ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:16 pm 19 especially with seasons. I couldn't stand the contract system on 17 and the console version was terrible in comparison to the console version of 19. Plus, how could you have a farming game without John deere ha.
Very easily, as long as there is New Holland and Claas!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Hahaha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

FTF
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

^^ This guy is never wrong.
Ffermwyr Cymru

Post by Ffermwyr Cymru »

Fs19 premium edition,played hours on ps4 until I got enough money for a laptop,now just play fs19 standard with to many mods
FS15,17,19,22 ps4
Fs19,22 laptop
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

Most hours were spent on FS19, nothing wrong with FS22... just lost interest. I haven't touched FS19 since March and FS22 was last played in June, and that was just to update everything, then close the game. Heck, can't even remember when I last posted in this forum.

Played FS since FS13 came out and I instantly loved the game, FS19 accumulated the most hours from me. I realised after buying 22 that this will be my last, my expectations in dealing with the claimed improved AI workers in 22 never saw the light of day, apart from the UI it didn't feel any different. It's been a fun ride, some modded maps were a blast to play on... even if some were unpolished or never patched up later.

I haven't bought any of the FS22 DLC, nor any in FS19... and only the platinum in FS17, FS15 and FS13(Titanium?) It just didn't seem to be worth it, especially when I could play them all in the next version of the game for free.

I've been around long enough to not say I'll never buy the next version, only one thing could possibly reel me back in to purchase it.... make all the AI workers able to work on fields of any shape, especially on modded maps. Last time I truly enjoyed this scenario was back in FS15 with auto combine and AI extension mods... it all just worked as intended.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Hands down 22.
The tech behind the scenes makes for a better performance in general.

I thoroughly enjoy making maps for it now. The editor has better performance too.

The game is more engaging for me when there's more visual things that just click for me. :) plowing and cultivating has some real nice effects vs earlier games.

Yes, I'm putting focus on graphics, it's such a big deal in this game.

The gameplay feels good from the get go, and with the amount of mods already available i run out of things I miss.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

15 as that was what got me playing FS and then 19 , struggling to stay interested in 22 it just seems way too slow