Pumps and Hoses Future Irrigation Potential? (Console)

silveradoman298

Pumps and Hoses Future Irrigation Potential? (Console)

Post by silveradoman298 »

I'm just curious if anyone "in the know" has any thoughts...

I'm curious if pumps and hoses would allow modders to implement irrigation into the game. I don't use the BGA stuff much, but would enjoy using the pumps and hoses for irrigation. A center pivot irrigation system compatible with pumps and hoses would be cool.
"I could give my hand to another line of work
But my heart will always be behind the wheel"
richnshaz

Re: Pumps and Hoses Future Irrigation Potential? (Console)

Post by richnshaz »

Ia watched a video on that few weeks back think there trying to get something like that pretty sure it was on fs news would be pretty cool to water root crops
Ffermwyr Cymru

Post by Ffermwyr Cymru »

Maybe.maybe not
FS15,17,19,22 ps4
Fs19,22 laptop
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

I’d heard it’s in the works as vertex have offered the code out to other modders. It’ll require the maps obviously to make it work so potentially map updates/new save games
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

silveradoman298 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:03 pm I'm just curious if anyone "in the know" has any thoughts...

I'm curious if pumps and hoses would allow modders to implement irrigation into the game. I don't use the BGA stuff much, but would enjoy using the pumps and hoses for irrigation. A center pivot irrigation system compatible with pumps and hoses would be cool.
Is this add on useful? Is it time consuming? I haven’t watched anything on it.
silveradoman298

Post by silveradoman298 »

Pumps n hoses adds another layer of realism to the game. Hose umbilicals to slurry tanks/pumps to distribute slurry on fields. The aid of a water pump to distribute slurry. Manure separators and the whole BGA thing to boot. A couple drawbacks being you don't physically connect a hose from the pump to slurry tanks and the water pump doesn't need a water source to pump from. I think the idea of pumps and hoses can be expanded on further.
"I could give my hand to another line of work
But my heart will always be behind the wheel"
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

I have been wanting this for years, but having been told its not yet possible due to the fact moisture is not read/implemented in the game YET!!
Sure it will be possible in the future. Previous attempts in other FS versions added a layer of fertilizer to the crop from the water application and they were very glitchy etc.