FS + Construction Sim = ?

Riven326

FS + Construction Sim = ?

Post by Riven326 »

I've been playing the construction simulator games published by Astragon since 2014. The newest one, 2022 edition, just released a couple months ago. Pretty good game, but it doesn't have mod support, and in general just kind of pales in comparison to FS22.

I got to thinking, why can't these two games be combined? Why, for several years now, has FS not gone beyond forestry? Most of the maps have roads and houses. Why can't I pave my own road? Why can't I accept a contract to dig out an old septic tank and install a new one? Why is the earth in FS completely static?

Before the Battlefield series, there were many specialized games that offered unique experiences. You had infantry games, tank games, helicopter games, jet games, etc. DICE had the brilliant idea of combining all of these games into one cohesive package.

So I think for the next FS, this should be the focus. The brand needs to expand beyond farming and forestry. The excavators and other machines people make are brilliant. But they're not fully utilized because the game itself isn't designed to accommodate them.
TomTom996

Re: FS + Construction Sim = ?

Post by TomTom996 »

The answer is in the name: F A R M I N G simulator.

Giants should first focus on farming aspect of the game, for me they did big mistake with implementih all this new productions, pallets and so on. Why waste so much manpower and resources on that. They need to go back to the basics of the game. I don't need new shiney tractors and implements, I need new crops, new game mechanics, improving animals, we still don't have young animals or difference between male/female animals, tractors and machines need to actually feel like machines and not like you are driving a plastic toy... etc.

Then we can talk about construction ... but with Volvo they are dipping toes in construction side of gaming... one example is hydraulic breaking of rocks in new Platinum edition... I have nothing against it, there is some cool features. I just think they should focus on other more farming related things first and improve the game basics like graphincs, seasons, weather, enviroment.
Last edited by TomTom996 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I disagree. They don't need to expand into another direction like that. They need to focus more on what they have already. Expand the animal feedings, seasons cycles, better arrange of equipment, better looking environment, etc. They could even get rid of the production chains.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'm with the other two replies so far -- keep it on farming, work on the physics, work on the soil, crop and animal management. Expand seasons cycles, bring in the weather effects and give us variation. And if doing so means getting rid of production chains and so on, then so be it.
Last edited by blue_painted on Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

+1 about improving what we already have and that is arable farming, machines, ground 3d mud, animals etc.
gile

Post by gile »

+10 on improving what we already have. Physics, weather, soil and mud, animals... it's improving with every game, still far away though...
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

TomTom996 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:18 pm The answer is in the name: F A R M I N G simulator.

Giants should first focus on farming aspect of the game, for me they did big mistake with implementih all this new productions, pallets and so on. Why waste so much manpower and resources on that. They need to go back to the basics of the game. I don't need new shiney tractors and implements, I need new crops, new game mechanics, improving animals, we still don't have young animals or difference between male/female animals, tractors and machines need to actually feel like machines and not like you are driving a plastic toy... etc.

Then we can talk about construction ... but with Volvo they are dipping toes in construction side of gaming... one example is hydraulic breaking of rocks in new Platinum edition... I have nothing against it, there is some cool features. I just think they should focus on other more farming related things first and improve the game basics like graphincs, seasons, weather, enviroment.
Using this same logic, wouldn't that mean they should remove forestry from the game? I mean, that's not farming. Yet many people really enjoy that aspect of the game. There are custom made maps dedicated to that one activity.
johnlinden

Post by johnlinden »

I would very much like to see more farming from this Farming Simuator. Please.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Riven326 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:26 pm
TomTom996 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:18 pm The answer is in the name: F A R M I N G simulator.

Using this same logic, wouldn't that mean they should remove forestry from the game? I mean, that's not farming. Yet many people really enjoy that aspect of the game. There are custom made maps dedicated to that one activity.
Personally, and I mean only personally, I wouldn't mind forestry going if it meant improvements to arable and animal farming, and the environmental and weather effects. But, as I say, that's only my personal preference.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

I like that the different games have their own unique atmosphere, separately. Let's keep it that way.
Before long, folks will be wanting to add Tuck Simulator, Sim City, Flight Simulator...
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

Riven326 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:26 pm

Forestry is part of farming / agriculture...
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:41 pm I like that the different games have their own unique atmosphere, separately. Let's keep it that way.
Before long, folks will be wanting to add Tuck Simulator, Sim City, Flight Simulator...
Well, the truck simulator aspect is kind of there already. It has the big rigs and every trailer you could want.

Try to imagine building your own house in the game instead of just pushing a button for it to spawn. Building your own roads, canals, etc. I think it would add to the interactivity of the maps and add more depth to the already existing building mechanic.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No sounds terrible, rather push a button for a house to spawn. Also I don't want maintenance simulator in fs either, like changing oil or a tire like car simulator.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Quite honestly this is already part of the problem why Farming Simulator is going nowhere.

It's become a jack of all trades and a master of none. You can't do a fantastic job of every game aspect, instead like Battlefield the game mechanics are average to poor across the board.

Farm Sim is diversifying too much for my liking, productions, placeables, forestry... while nice features are not what the core game should be about. The reason Farm Sim became such a success was not because it offered these niche features, it was because it was trying to simulate farming.

If this diversifying keeps on happening you'll just put more core fans off this game at a faster rate than GIANTS already are managing to do.

Every week I chat with various modders and players across various FS communities and the it's the same story all the time, less and less playtime if any of Fs22, a complete lack of motivation to keep modding for a game that is no longer enjoyable to play and immerse yourself in. Not to mention a complete and utter frustration having to deal with the moronic console community.

Some of the newer players may have not burned themselves out yet, but more and more keep mentioning they are fed up with FS and taking breaks from the game.

Compared to the past where it was played almost continuously until the next version was released.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

moronic console community? Sounds like you are Moronic thinking your better than others... Stop playing if you don't like it won't hurt my feelings none.....
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4