FS + Construction Sim = ?

njuska11

Re: FS + Construction Sim = ?

Post by njuska11 »

No. Construction sim is a different game and it should stay like that. Farming aspect needs much more improvement and focus. Forestry is a gray area and personaly idc for it but i know there are ppl and modders that like it. But construction belongs to a different game.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:06 am
Giants could add the necessary scripts/code to the base game via an update if they chose. So, the limitation there is self-imposed by Giants.
Map size is a limitation of Giants engine and likely due to how dated it is. There are many games on console that have maps that make FS maps like like a dot.

Otherwise the devices are basically all the same. They all have the same components. Choosing one over the other is a personal preference. There are people playing games on PCs that are less impressive than a console.
You have a better chance of seeing a Bigfoot cross the road on your way home from work today so I stand behind my comment haha
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Prince jesus, farmboss, or whatever of your six identities, That isn't actually true. If giants wants to add a 3rd party script, then it would have to tested by Sony and Microsoft then added through an update. It is a big process for a script that may break your console. I do think giants should have tried it with whopster gps mod. Also there is no proof it is their engine that limits the 4x maps or larger in console. They have approved some and they worked minus you couldn't save.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:51 pm Prince jesus, farmboss, or whatever of your six identities, That isn't actually true. If giants wants to add a 3rd party script, then it would have to tested by Sony and Microsoft then added through an update. It is a big process for a script that may break your console. I do think giants should have tried it with whopster gps mod. Also there is no proof it is they're engine that limits the 4x maps or larger in console. They have approved some and they worked minus you couldn't save.
Also another issue with scripts is they tend to get many updates if you take Courseplay as an example even though it is on Modhub the Github version has been updated many times since then.
vlnjacki

Post by vlnjacki »

There was Only Since Release of LS22 Only one 4x Map for the Consoles in Modhub and this for Only One Hour Online 🥺
I have Not Test this but think that Run in PS4 too but think too Many Trees are make the Problems🤔
to save the score of a 4x map on the console, it definitely takes a little longer and is not ready immediately.

I think a 4-fold map in the form of a self-created map or a map only with fields does not cause any problems on the consoles.
PS4 (CUH 1216B)+Systemsoftware 11.50
LS22 Digital Edition 1.13.1.1 + Y1SP&Y2SP+P&H+PF
Logitech Seitenkonsole
Thrustmaster T 150 RS

[LS22-PS4] vlnjacki's
Community Thread

viewtopic.php?t=193971
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:51 pm Prince jesus, farmboss, or whatever of your six identities, That isn't actually true. If giants wants to add a 3rd party script, then it would have to tested by Sony and Microsoft then added through an update. It is a big process for a script that may break your console. I do think giants should have tried it with whopster gps mod. Also there is no proof it is their engine that limits the 4x maps or larger in console. They have approved some and they worked minus you couldn't save.
That's why I said script/code. Giants could convert the scripts to their code and include in an update to the base game, like they did for seasons. In the end, it's up to Giants if they want to add such things to the game.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Oh heck, I can just order a PC from amazon and pay over the next year with affirm. Bill was right. I am so much big moron
FTF
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:51 pm Prince jesus, farmboss, or whatever of your six identities, That isn't actually true. If giants wants to add a 3rd party script, then it would have to tested by Sony and Microsoft then added through an update. It is a big process for a script that may break your console. I do think giants should have tried it with whopster gps mod. Also there is no proof it is their engine that limits the 4x maps or larger in console. They have approved some and they worked minus you couldn't save.
When romboz road was released Giants made a mistake and released it for all platforms, I was lucky and managed to grab it while it was available, and I could run it fine on my old gen Xbox one.

Unfortunately my old gen's power supply died a month or so ago, so I lost the map, but it did work. So giants are holding back the 4x maps, at least for now (rumours were officiallised by MrMarcel) that they would eventually becoming to consoles. It's just a waiting game.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Me and the wife are still playing on Romboz Road on our series X,'s with absolutely zero issues so far and have almost 1K hours on it.

The rest of the family wasn't so lucky on being able to download it when it was accidentally released as my wife and I are the only ones that have our remote play set up.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Guil

Post by Guil »

That is completely false. Sony or ms don't test anything. Giants can add any script they want to the game. They just need to be sure it can't be used to run malicious code.

The bigger issue is it would open the flood gates and everyone would want extra scripts added which takes lots of extra time, testing would miss issues and it becomes a wonderful mess
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:56 pm Quite honestly this is already part of the problem why Farming Simulator is going nowhere.

It's become a jack of all trades and a master of none. You can't do a fantastic job of every game aspect, instead like Battlefield the game mechanics are average to poor across the board.

Farm Sim is diversifying too much for my liking, productions, placeables, forestry... while nice features are not what the core game should be about. The reason Farm Sim became such a success was not because it offered these niche features, it was because it was trying to simulate farming.

If this diversifying keeps on happening you'll just put more core fans off this game at a faster rate than GIANTS already are managing to do.

Every week I chat with various modders and players across various FS communities and the it's the same story all the time, less and less playtime if any of Fs22, a complete lack of motivation to keep modding for a game that is no longer enjoyable to play and immerse yourself in. Not to mention a complete and utter frustration having to deal with the moronic console community.

Some of the newer players may have not burned themselves out yet, but more and more keep mentioning they are fed up with FS and taking breaks from the game.

Compared to the past where it was played almost continuously until the next version was released.

Well, I guess I know how to rate all your mods, from now on. I will begin today. What kind of fool says something like your comment regarding a very large group that helps these people keep selling their game? The ignorance and arrogance of your comment just shows your level of maturity. My money is as good as yours, and it appears Giants is quite happy to take it. Please be sure Giants knows your view. I’m sure they will govern themselves accordingly. And, should they decide to agree with you, I’ll save some $$$. Maybe people stop playing for reasons that escape you…could be the deficit is yours.
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

The full phrase Bill is “a jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.”
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
SimulatedFarmer

Dan279 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:46 pm The full phrase Bill is “a jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.”
Perhaps it’s better to take the easy way out. If you’re not good at it, vilify it.
SimulatedFarmer

I will say one thing in support of not adding new items so quickly: I do feel it would be of benefit to master faulty components before adding any new ones. It’s like gold plating a broken fuel pump…ain’t gonna get you very far.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

I see alot of ppl got upset about Bill comment. Im not here to defend him but i know for a fact modders are fed up constantly getting asked if the mod is going to be on console. You can see it on fb pages of the modders. Its very annoying to be constantly be asking the same question over and over. Also in order to get the mod on console many times you have to sacrifice too much and some modders just dont want to do it beacuse it would ruin their work. Some adapt and try their best and some dont want to. But like i said nobody likes to be asked constantly if they are going to make a console mod. If it appears on console great if not well life goes on.