Best log length for fs22?

Gugernoot215

Best log length for fs22?

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I ran a test of three fully grown spruce trees and got the Following results.
Whole Tree sold for $1021 and yielded ~4969L of wood.
The next was cut with the length set to 12m (40ft) which sold for $2561 and yielded ~4861L of wood.
Cut into 6m (20ft) lengths the whole tree sold for $3467 and yielded ~4854L of wood.
DirectCedar

Re: Best log length for fs22?

Post by DirectCedar »

This is good to know. Thanks for checking this. I recall the prices per foot breaking down in in a similar way in 17 and 19. It really paid to cut everything to that optimum length.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Also most log trailers including the IT hold 6m perfectly with the longer semi trailers holding 2 stacks
RoninSamurai74

Post by RoninSamurai74 »

Hello. I've been told when selling logs the longer the log the more money you get is this not true in the new Platinum Edition? Also I was wondering does length matter when you're turning the wood into other products? Thank you for your time.
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

I saw somewhere on youtube that 9m gives you the best income, if you sell the logs directly. Dunno if this lenght is also the best, when using logs for production.

Edit: found it https://youtu.be/31dosPpMqsk?t=17m44s
Last edited by Dreiviertel on Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Dreiviertel wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:04 pm I saw somewhere on youtube that 9m gives you the best income, if you sell the logs directly. Dunno if this is lenght is also the best, when using logs for production.
I have a chart for fs19 and for selling logs it seems to say the same, although I don't know whether there is equipment for said length.
For production longer logs yielded a negligible amount more (~50-100L) so it comes down to what your equipment can handle.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

The new trees sell better at 9m but you can load semi trailers with 2 stacks of 6m along with IT trailers which will bring in more profit
crash

Post by crash »

Watch driver53 gaming on youtube..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Each player has his/her own game style. Personally I don't sell logs directly but I convert them into products in order to maximize profits.
If for example I have 20 logs with 12 meters length and sell them, I wont earn much, but if I take those logs to Paper Factory and get Paper and Cartoon rolls as end products, then I can sell those rolls for a very good profit.
Paper Factory is the only production in Silverrun Forest which you wont need the end products for another production site. For example, with Iron Ore you produce metal but you will need metal for another productions. This is not happening with Paper Factory because you will not need Paper and Cartoon Rolls for anything else, so you can sell them for profits.
Of course, as I said each player has his/her own game style. I don't sell raw materials directly I use them for manufacturing to maximize profits :biggrin2:

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
drewbinsky

Post by drewbinsky »

Dreiviertel wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:04 pm I saw somewhere on youtube that 9m gives you the best income, if you sell the logs directly. Dunno if this lenght is also the best, when using logs for production.

Edit: found it https://youtu.be/31dosPpMqsk?t=17m44s ovo game
The optimal log length in FS22 will rely on your personal gameplay circumstances and preferences. It is advised to carry out more testing, take into account more variables, and assess the game's market circumstances to find the ideal log length for your requirements.
marthalin

Post by marthalin »

Dreiviertel wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:04 pm I saw somewhere on youtube that 9m gives you the best income, if you sell the logs directly. Dunno if this lenght is also the best, when using logs for production.

Edit: found it https://youtu.be/31dosPpMqsk?t=17m44s sod gold
Longer logs can be trickier to store and transport, so account for your available space and equipment. If you're using logs in multiple production chains, consider the specific requirements of each chain. Some might have preferences for certain log lengths.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

marthalin wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:01 am

Edit: found it https://youtu.be/31dosPpMqsk?t=17m44s
Longer logs can be trickier to store and transport, so account for your available space and equipment. If you're using logs in multiple production chains, consider the specific requirements of each chain. Some might have preferences for certain log lengths.
Productions go off of volume of wood, they don't care, longer logs have just a bit more volume than if they were cut into shorter lengths (shortest i'd go is 3m/10ft).
Timber trailer info tells you the amount and volume of logs loaded.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Did you happen to test the shipping containers? They change the value. Higher overall value. And you get the container cost reimbursed fully. Driver 53 did a test with trees, containers, lengths, growth time.