Thank You Giants.. Having fun with Platinum Expansion..

Sneaks

Thank You Giants.. Having fun with Platinum Expansion..

Post by Sneaks »

Thanks Giants I'm having fun using all the new machines and tools.. and Silverrun Forest map is looking Great... You all have a Great Day... :hi:
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Farmer Arnhem Gaming

Re: Thank You Giants.. Having fun with Platinum Expansion..

Post by Farmer Arnhem Gaming »

Would love to share the joy with you but i still cant download the DLC...... Download Portal is nog working pffff
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

They really did a nice job, quite happy with the mechanics and expecially the improvements to fellerbunchers/harvestors.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Farmer Arnhem Gaming wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:16 pm Would love to share the joy with you but i still cant download the DLC...... Download Portal is nog working pffff
Sorry to here that. Hope they get it fixed soon so you can enjoy it as much as i do...
Playing TVTOF
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Crashmac wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:57 pm They really did a nice job, quite happy with the mechanics and expecially the improvements to fellerbunchers/harvestors.
Yeah... I'm having a blast with all this stuff...Have fun *thumbsup*
Playing TVTOF
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

Agree, Giants did really good job with this DLC. I was kind of negative towards it since they announced it, but it suprised me in positive way. They really improved the logs/timber handling, thats why I enjoy it sooooo much.
There is maybe a few things that need tweekin, for example there is no sound of timber falling when you cut trees with harvester.
The only thing I'm not a fan, its production of yachts, treecats, rollercoasters ... that's still a bit silly for me. Would prefer a proper big sawmill where we could manage and handle all the wood ourselfs.

But in general probably the best DLC in year 1 season pass. Big thanks to the map makers, 3d modellers and all the guys that implemented new scripts such as winches and yardres.

:hi:
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

A praise thread, and nobody coming to disagree or say you're wrong. *thumbsup*
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Cant wait to make a coaster out of all them sequoias
FTF
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

TomTom996 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:00 pm Agree, Giants did really good job with this DLC. I was kind of negative towards it since they announced it, but it suprised me in positive way. They really improved the logs/timber handling, thats why I enjoy it sooooo much.
There is maybe a few things that need tweekin, for example there is no sound of timber falling when you cut trees with harvester.
The only thing I'm not a fan, its production of yachts, treecats, rollercoasters ... that's still a bit silly for me. Would prefer a proper big sawmill where we could manage and handle all the wood ourselfs.

But in general probably the best DLC in year 1 season pass. Big thanks to the map makers, 3d modellers and all the guys that implemented new scripts such as winches and yardres.

:hi:
Yes it sure made doing logging on consoles a lot better. I'm really liking the Logging Winch. pulling logs up out of the ravine .. my next new thing will be getting and using the yarders...
Playing TVTOF
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

So far I have only 1 complaint. The missing drivers for the boats going up and down the water :lol: Otherwise it really is pretty good. I am getting on with very few mods and loving it. The map looks great and the machines are fun to use. I haven't put this much time into nonstop forestry into any version of fs to date (including 22 until now). I haven't gotten to use a yarder yet but I am not really logging anything right now that calls for it but soon. I am running out of trees on the larger starter plot (I have left all the trees around the water areas as it's pretty to look at while I work) and cleared the undergrowth and replanted a bunch already. I plan to buy a more difficult plot so I can really make use of the new machines. Logging has never been so captivating in fs. I can only imagine how the logging junkies are feeling right now :)

Happy far..... Happy logging everyone!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Anyone notice the 3 fertilization stages or the fact that pallets of lettuce and what not will snap into position on the pickup?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:50 am So far I have only 1 complaint. The missing drivers for the boats going up and down the water :lol: Otherwise it really is pretty good. I am getting on with very few mods and loving it. The map looks great and the machines are fun to use. I haven't put this much time into nonstop forestry into any version of fs to date (including 22 until now). I haven't gotten to use a yarder yet but I am not really logging anything right now that calls for it but soon. I am running out of trees on the larger starter plot (I have left all the trees around the water areas as it's pretty to look at while I work) and cleared the undergrowth and replanted a bunch already. I plan to buy a more difficult plot so I can really make use of the new machines. Logging has never been so captivating in fs. I can only imagine how the logging junkies are feeling right now :)

Hey PrincessJessi84, PrinceJesus84 here.
I suspect your complaint about the missing drivers of the boats, which are also referred to as Captains, Sea Captains, Skippers, Pilots or Commanders, can be easily explained. Using drone technology, you can sail a boat up and down the great rivers lined with uncuttable trees. It remains to be seen if the farming related roller coasters are operated by AI or if there are actual workers involved. The other day, Worker K mentioned something about a new job at a county fair, so maybe he/she/it will be operating a coaster.
:mrgreen:
Last edited by PrinceJesus84 on Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:50 am So far I have only 1 complaint. The missing drivers for the boats going up and down the water :lol: Otherwise it really is pretty good. I am getting on with very few mods and loving it. The map looks great and the machines are fun to use. I haven't put this much time into nonstop forestry into any version of fs to date (including 22 until now). I haven't gotten to use a yarder yet but I am not really logging anything right now that calls for it but soon. I am running out of trees on the larger starter plot (I have left all the trees around the water areas as it's pretty to look at while I work) and cleared the undergrowth and replanted a bunch already. I plan to buy a more difficult plot so I can really make use of the new machines. Logging has never been so captivating in fs. I can only imagine how the logging junkies are feeling right now :)

you talked me into building a boat, see what happens.. The only thing i wished we had on consoles is a measuring tool/ tape measure(like pc had in fs19) when using just a chainsaw. I use a log that is 6m for my measuring tool/ tape measure.. haha.. it's the log in front.. doesn't fit very good in my back pocket :biggrin2: :lol:
Playing TVTOF
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

Loving it. Didn’t do much logging before definitely will now .has anybody noticed how good the vehicle sounds are I’m using the old f16 and timber trailer and when you adjust the log supports it actually sounds real .i bought the season pass few weeks after game came out and was thinking was a bit waste off money until yesterday got my money’s worth took a bit figuring out the yarders and winches but soon got hang off them .the only thing I struggle with is making a big stack off logs can never get big Volvo loader grab completely full
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Finally. Got the rollercoaster built.. That was fun and a challenge to do. now i just need to ride it 15 times :lol:
Playing TVTOF