Thank You Giants.. Having fun with Platinum Expansion..

Honkyfarmer_v1010

Re: Thank You Giants.. Having fun with Platinum Expansion..

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

Seriously what purpose does it serve building that. Like is there a revenue stream after or what am I missing here?
FTF
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Starting on building the boat next
Having a lot of fun Giants Thanks again....

Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

This DLC could of have been much better if it was not for the bugs! I am enjoy it but get frustrated when tree sdont fall when cut, container wobble on the forks, freeze game, logs that go wild and on and on!
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

The only problem I had was a bundle of planks long was stuck in the ground until I rammed it with the M50-4. and I have moved a lot of stuff with it and haven't had any problems. also no problems with loading logs, only 1 tree didn't fall after cutting it. all i did was jump at it and it fell.. So knock on wood my PS4 is working really good...
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

The only problem(s) I have had is the new forklift doesn't have an in cab view and a few times using the old manitou forklift, my metal rolls went rocketing to infinity and beyond! Never did find one of them. Also some of the curbs get grabby with some of the trucks. Otherwise all has worked pretty well and I just "completed" the map on easy difficulty having built the coaster, 3 boats and sold at least a train flatbed of each of the production stuffs to Elmcreek. I have cut a TON of trees, hauled a ton of ore, raised a few sheep and produced every product that went into both the boats and the coaster. Made millions and got to try almost every single piece of equipment from the expansion (except that giant tree cutter as I could only see it being good for cutting giant reds and not only is that pointless but I have no intention of harvesting an endangered tree in my game) and so far everything I have tried works. Tmmw I start my actual playthru on hard from scratch now that I have a feel for things.

Also, once you get the hang of them, the yarders are easy to use and really speed up the entire logging process being probably one of the biggest game changers to the logging end of things.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
nedreV

Post by nedreV »

By far, the best DLC so far. I have never done any forestry until now and im having great time.
Giants, more dlcs like this one. This dlc made me come back to fs22.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I'll throw my two cents in this thread as it's as good as any.

Map Pros:
- Probably best looking map Giants has ever released
- Roller coaster and boat are good projects
- Good variety of terrain
- AI driving mostly works

Map Cons:
- Several objects that cannot be removed (old stumps, old logs, etc.)
- Very hilly if you want to farm
- Rail spur that goes by the papermill doesn't work
- Given the cost of painting grass, the difficulty in removing brush and fact the mulchers will not "mow", there is way too much brush on the map, making it very difficult to find stumps

New Mechanics Pros:
- Roller coaster and boat are fun things to work towards
- Rock breaking is something I look forward to in future maps/editions
- Base game cable skidding and autoloading for all players
- Yarder is good to see, though I haven't used it
- More trees is good

New Mechanics Cons:
- Iron mining is very shallow
- Project buildings seem to have a lower storage than the quantity they need
- Sequoias are a waster of time

Equipment and building Pros:
- JD Skidder has been my go to
- New trucks are good
- Excavators work well
- More stuff is good in general

Equipment and build Cons:
- Fellerbuncher needs to be heavier or the really big trees need to excluded from it. The mature log pole pines will turn it over
- New tree planter is slower than the base game tree planter for getting trees in the ground and harder to manipulate
- Tree physics still *censored* in general, meaning almost all the loading equipment, grapples and handling of trees is still a pain and gets old rather quickly. I'll probably give up and use autoload fairly soon
- Cab over Volvo trucks sit too close to the ground and hang on random stuff
- Containers should autoload pallet products as well; the game has too much forklift work
- Containers should unload into sell and loading points
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Volvo machinery nice, but another super hilly Map from Giants. I understand they are from Switzerland and dont know anything else, but maybe some elements for next Map with etc. Scandinavia landscape and every forest dont need to exist on mountains.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yeah, for Scandinavia is famous for the flatness everywhere.
Denmark got one bump though, but the rest got plenty of hills
Last edited by Noraf on Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
A Farming Trucker

Post by A Farming Trucker »

I like the new map, definitely the best one Giants has produced so far. I do think it's a shame they didn't put an animal dealer on the map though. I have also noticed that not all the painting textures used are not included in the landscaping tool. There's no dirt texture either.
Would have been nice to have a grain cart on the train too, but that's just what I would've liked....
Small things I know, but some will find it frustrating. Hopefully, in the future, you'll be able to sell palletised products in shipping containers.
Once I'm finished with my current map, Sliverrun will be where I'm heading! Can't wait!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Daybreak
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

I agree that this is by far the best looking map Giants has ever put out in my opinion. I am digging the new production stuff for the most part as well.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Sneaks wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:35 am
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:50 am So far I have only 1 complaint. The missing drivers for the boats going up and down the water :lol: Otherwise it really is pretty good. I am getting on with very few mods and loving it. The map looks great and the machines are fun to use. I haven't put this much time into nonstop forestry into any version of fs to date (including 22 until now). I haven't gotten to use a yarder yet but I am not really logging anything right now that calls for it but soon. I am running out of trees on the larger starter plot (I have left all the trees around the water areas as it's pretty to look at while I work) and cleared the undergrowth and replanted a bunch already. I plan to buy a more difficult plot so I can really make use of the new machines. Logging has never been so captivating in fs. I can only imagine how the logging junkies are feeling right now :)

Happy far..... Happy logging everyone!
you talked me into building a boat, see what happens.. The only thing i wished we had on consoles is a measuring tool/ tape measure(like pc had in fs19) when using just a chainsaw. I use a log that is 6m for my measuring tool/ tape measure.. haha.. it's the log in front.. doesn't fit very good in my back pocket :biggrin2: :lol:
Ole cave man tape measure lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ice_boii :gamer:
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Two more comments.

1) Why is a sawmill production facility not in the expansion? As it is now, long planks, wood beams and prefab walls cannot be manufactured outside of expansion map. The shingle factory, pet accessories and art accessories production buildings only takes long planks, meaning they are worthless outside of the expansion map. While planks can be produced to feed production, it would be nice to have the other facilities.
2) Why is a iron ore production facility not in the expansion? Without it, the iron furnace is not useful on any other maps. Without the iron furnace, metal cannot be produced, which means the barrel factory and furniture factory are worthless.

6 of the 9 added production facilities are not usable outside of the expansion map. Giants didn't even bother to update the other base game map sawmills to support the production above.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Why would an iron ore production facility be part of a farming simulator expansion?
When I was growing up, not once did I think, I can't wait to grow up and be a farmer, that iron ore is just calling my name.