Thank You Giants.. Having fun with Platinum Expansion..

bossmanslim

Re: Thank You Giants.. Having fun with Platinum Expansion..

Post by bossmanslim »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:53 am Why would an iron ore production facility be part of a farming simulator expansion?
When I was growing up, not once did I think, I can't wait to grow up and be a farmer, that iron ore is just calling my name.
I can understand the mine being map specific; however if that is the case, then the furnace should be map specific and all the production facilities should also not require iron OR there should be a sell point that provides iron.

It is quite clear that the focus was heavy on this one map and not on how stuff would be used outside of that map.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:06 pm I can understand the mine being map specific; however, if that is the case, then the furnace should be map specific and all the production facilities should also not require iron OR there should be a sell point that provides iron.

It is quite clear that the focus was heavy on this one map and not on how stuff would be used outside of that map.
That's a bit of a shame, but then Giant never did see things through to the end, that's mainly because for them it has been more about the money than the enthusiasm for the game itself.
Will they fix it in an updated version? or will they leave it up to the moders to sort something out? only time will tell.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Are DLC prices ever on sale?
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

No problem if the iron ore and other productions are map specific. But agreed, please hide them for maps that don't support them.

The placeable navigation is bad enough as it is, without having to scroll over several not usable placeables. :hi:
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Lazarus99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:53 pm Are DLC prices ever on sale?
Yes. Takes a while but all the DLC eventually goes on sale.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:47 am Without the iron furnace, metal cannot be produced, which means the barrel factory and furniture factory are worthless.

The furniture factory can make tables and chairs from standard planks. The lack of long planks affects more of the new productions. I agree that Giants should have made these things more accessible to existing maps, but since these are simple fill types and pallets, mods should soon fill the gaps

IMO, the bigger issue is with the containers. There is no placeable that buys them. They can be sold via train, but only on Silverrun and the two European maps, not on Elmcreek. And they are not an auto-load log transport since they can never be unloaded. Perhaps containers will never be unloadable, but they should always be sellable.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Miura74 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:59 pm No problem if the iron ore and other productions are map specific. But agreed, please hide them for maps that don't support them.

The placeable navigation is bad enough as it is, without having to scroll over several not usable placeables. :hi:
This is a praise thread not a tread thread :lol:
Ice_boii :gamer:
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:46 am
Miura74 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:59 pm No problem if the iron ore and other productions are map specific. But agreed, please hide them for maps that don't support them.

Tbh, I just searched on iron and ended up here.. :search:
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Miura74 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:50 am
ice_boii_1207 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:46 am

Tbh, I just searched on iron and ended up here.. :search:
Its ok my guy. I like to pick with people :lol:
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

This is the most fun I've had on FS22 so far. I can't put it down. Logging is so much smoother now and the new map is amazing. I can't wait to see what modders will be doing with the new stuff too. It'll be great to see some new logging centric maps and machines.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:10 am Anyone notice the 3 fertilization stages or the fact that pallets of lettuce and what not will snap into position on the pickup?
Yeah, I noticed only today. Seems like new addition, but kinda weird it wasn't mentioned in patch notes.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Taking another load to rebuild the rollercoaster. on a beautiful winter day.... I haven't had one problem doing logging on this map. Still having fun. Thanks Giants..
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Sneaks wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:34 pm Taking another load to rebuild the rollercoaster. on a beautiful winter day.... I haven't had one problem doing logging on this map. Still having fun. Thanks Giants..
That looks cool and fun sneaks. Maybe you can update with more pics?
Moot

Post by Moot »

Thank you for this thread, Sneaks! This thread spurred me to try Silverrun and I’m really enjoying it.

I liked reading about others’ experiences and it got me thinking that there should be a trophy for the 100th deer you hit.

:biggrin2: