Flickering on Silver Run map

BostonJohnny1226

Flickering on Silver Run map

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

On some other maps, the trees would flicker, changing colors--especially in the fall. But, on the Silver run map, not just the trees but also the grass keeps flickering. Is anyone else seeing this. I'm on pc BTW.
mikejl46

Re: Flickering on Silver Run map

Post by mikejl46 »

Yep, I see it too.

The map flickers if I'm using the Hardware Profile of High, but if I use the Hardware Profile of Very High the flickering goes away, or if I go with Hardware Profile of High, and just turn up Shading Rate to very high, fixes the problem.
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

Yup...it is truely awful and needs to be fixed ASAP!
pedrodefig

Post by pedrodefig »

Thanks you just saved my day. It was really annoying with all that flickering, I also had a lot of ghost trees even if they were close to me. Now with "shading rate" set to very high it's all gone. And I don't see a drop in framerates.
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

That doesn't fix the issue for a lot of people. I have tried all of that and the trees still flicker. I have also deleted my shader cache. Still flickers.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

What helped me was to set the month manually. So the problem lies somewhere in where the game changes from one month to the next, loads in the new graphic for the trees and bushes, but then doesn't dump the old graphic. So now it switches back and forth between the old and new graphic and due to your framerate you now have flickering trees. If you manually set the month, then it will dump the graphic for the previous month and load the - static - new one.
tj_was_here

Post by tj_was_here »

I've had flickering on pretty much every map I've tried on FS22. Setting the month manually has solved that for me on the other maps, but not for Silverrun. I still get some flickering, especially during Sep and Oct. (I typically play 3-day months.) Setting the shading rate to very high has also helped a bit, but not solved it completely. I had given up on snow, too, but maybe will see if the shading rate change helps that.
Farming on PC!
combine2988

Post by combine2988 »

Yeah i was getting it bad i was dropping frames like crazy What helped me was putting the Resolution Scaling 3D to 100%
CEH

Post by CEH »

I also have the same issue on console. I submitted a ticket on 10-26-22. They haven't responded to the ticket.