Platinum dlc excavator

English_farmer

Platinum dlc excavator

Post by English_farmer »

Started using this last night as tree feller and for loading. I'm finding the grapple works ok for a bit and then only 1 side closes so doesn't grip the log. A bit like an arcade crane machine. Anyone else have this issue as I'm finding it a real pain to load logs and it's a logging map so can't really avoid it.
b101uk

Re: Platinum dlc excavator

Post by b101uk »

I have seen the same with the EC380DL (the bigger excavator), it is a pain, have not tried the smaller excavator (EC250DL) to see if that has the same problem with the grapple.

even being delicate with it, you may only get ~5mins out of it before the one side stops working, then you have to use a workshop to toggle the attachment type back and forth to fix it (saves resetting), but you have to have a workshop near your site.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
English_farmer

Post by English_farmer »

There's a workshop toolbox. I've been using that as can keep it with you wherever you go
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

just done some testing of the EC380DL vs EC250DL, it is night and day, with the EC380DL even being very careful you will be lucky to load half a trailer before the grapple brakes and the one side of the grapple stops working, with the EC250DL I managed to load 2 trailers without a problem and without being careful and not having grapple problems.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

I've started a list of "features" with the new DLC, 1.) Grapples not closing, sticking to straps etc. 2.) Straps- when used on DLC equipment they turn everything jiggly and sometime random stuff will stick to them, if you put a volvo grapple near a trailer with straps engaged it will sometimes get stuck to the strap ( no not while fastening the strap, just being near an engaged strap). 3.) Containers- occasionally they won't load logs, they will take as many as you want but the container shows 0L. 4.) New dirt road textures- grapples, forks and buckets slide underneath the texture and get caught launching the equipment into the air.
These are just the ones that I have been able to reproduce easily with and without mods.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Does anybody else have problems with the excavator? With the processor head on the engine throttles up whenever you use any hydraulics as it should be even with the head turned off but when I have the grapple attached it stays at an idle. So wondering if it's a bug or a mod conflict
XBOX/ FS22
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I just spent a few hours running the larger Volvo excavator with the grapple and had no issues at all. Maybe it is some conflict? I have used it extensively since release.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Nonnus

Post by Nonnus »

English_farmer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:58 am Started using this last night as tree feller and for loading. I'm finding the grapple works ok for a bit and then only 1 side closes so doesn't grip the log. A bit like an arcade crane machine. Anyone else have this issue as I'm finding it a real pain to load logs and it's a logging map so can't really avoid it.
I confirm that bug. When use the grapple for a while at certain point the bug apears. I dont have 100% certainty but i think is when we use and touch many times on a trigger the problem it happens. I already see the problem when use a woodchiper and when use a shipping container. When only moves the logs on open terrain works fine.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:26 am I just spent a few hours running the larger Volvo excavator with the grapple and had no issues at all. Maybe it is some conflict? I have used it extensively since release.
It must be a console or xbone related then. I made a bug report and giants just got back with me and said it's resolved and will be fixed in the next update
XBOX/ FS22
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Good to know.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick