Mod request

PrinceJesus84

Re: Mod request

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:41 am
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:32 am
blue_painted wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:04 pm

Are you sure about that? The super strength is exposed in the game console (on PC anyway) and I think a mod would need at least a tiny bit of Lua to bind an input action to that function.
Yes, I'm sure about that. A modder just needs to build the mod. Just because they don't, doesn't mean they can't.
So how would you register the input action for the function call without using a script?
Do your research and you'll find the answer.
The abridged version is, the act of enabling the mod would enable the ability, so no need to register anything.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:04 pm
blue_painted wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:41 am
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:32 am

Yes, I'm sure about that. A modder just needs to build the mod. Just because they don't, doesn't mean they can't.
So how would you register the input action for the function call without using a script?
Do your research and you'll find the answer.
The abridged version is, the act of enabling the mod would enable the ability, so no need to register anything.
My research, which was reading the SDK Lua code, reading the code in various mods ... AutoDrive, ExtraGears, CoursePlay and others .. and talking to modders on Discord, comes back with "You can't call a Lua function except from Lua" which was pretty much what I expected:

The function I'd be calling is:-
function Player:consoleCommandToggleSuperStrongMode()
(FTAOD: "console" here means the in-game console, not console as in platform)

So how about this: You tell me the unabridged version, I'll then make the mod and everyone will be happy. I'll be happy because I'll have learned more about modding, console players will be happy because they will have Super Strength, and you'll be happy because . . . you can fill that bit in yourself.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Keep looking
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:28 pm Keep looking
I'm going to keep on modding and if I come across a method of giving console players Super Strength, then I will do so ... unless someone else gets there first.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:07 pm
I'm going to keep on modding and if I come across a method of giving console players Super Strength, then I will do so ... unless someone else gets there first.
Thnx mate. You just made my day
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Dpk172 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:34 pm
Please don't hold your breath. I haven't found the way to make the mod without using Lua script, which isn't allowed on consoles.

Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

Well blue...
At least you gave it a try.
I'm nothing but grateful for that.
So thnx for the afford you've put in it.
That goes for all the modders.
I'm 50 years. I only know how plaster walls and ceilings ( 😄)...
I wish I knew how to build a mod. But I'm pretty sure, gamers would be better off if I didn't ( haha)

Anyway... thnx mate 👍
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:34 pm

Please don't hold your breath. I haven't found the way to make the mod without using Lua script, which isn't allowed on consoles.
😥😪😭
What about trailers with AUTOLOAD for wood? Is it possible for consoles?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Bobbi-79 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:39 am
blue_painted wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:34 pm

😥😪😭
What about trailers with AUTOLOAD for wood? Is it possible for consoles?
I haven't really looked at autoload, but anything I have looked at has relied on additional scripts, which means not on console.

Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Now that Giants has autoload log containers in the game the script needed might already be there. The question would be is it accessible for modders to use in an autoload mod or is it locked because its part of a DLC
Playing on PC and PS4
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

Question: is there someone how can build a service truck with workshop trigger for console ?

The toolbox is nice, but keeps falling out of the pickup truck.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Dpk172 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:55 am Dear modders.
First, thnx for all yur good and beautiful mods.
You've put a lot of afford in it and I appreciate that dearly.
But I have a request. Van you guys build a super strength mod for consoles ? That would be super awesome. With all the work there is to be done in silver run, that realy comes in handy.

Anyway. Thnx for all the nice mods.
Best regards.
Eric.
Call it the Schwarzeneggar mod.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Would love to see something like this:
1. soil compaction mod
https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... Compaction

2. better and realistic weather effect mod
for example, make it rain 1-2 days in a row for a whole day, like 24-48 hours without stopping in a autumn, so that you cant make to harvest all of your field and have to endure a profit loss due to unstable rainy weather or anything similar like that, maybe drought or anything like that

3. a difference between plows, subsoilers, cultivators, shallow cultivators, disc harrows, power harrows, make a mandatory step that plowed ground needs to be cultivated or ran with power harrows to make the soil shredded and prepared for seeding (basically like enhanced edition of what we have atm in the game, which is done very sloppy imo), make some yield penalties if ground is not worked in a proper order or if some steps are skipped, make it minus 20-40% less yield or similar

basically, would love to see some more realistic arable/weather mod, because right now, every year in the game is the same copy/paste and repeat, no challenge, no unpredictable weather, nothing, just cultivate, seed, fert/spray harvest and swim in a money.

Thanks to all modders who are making this game enjoyable.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

bojanh66 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:34 pm Would love to see something like this:
1. soil compaction mod
https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... Compaction

2. better and realistic weather effect mod
for example, make it rain 1-2 days in a row for a whole day, like 24-48 hours without stopping in a autumn, so that you cant make to harvest all of your field and have to endure a profit loss due to unstable rainy weather or anything similar like that, maybe drought or anything like that

3. a difference between plows, subsoilers, cultivators, shallow cultivators, disc harrows, power harrows, make a mandatory step that plowed ground needs to be cultivated or ran with power harrows to make the soil shredded and prepared for seeding (basically like enhanced edition of what we have atm in the game, which is done very sloppy imo), make some yield penalties if ground is not worked in a proper order or if some steps are skipped, make it minus 20-40% less yield or similar

basically, would love to see some more realistic arable/weather mod, because right now, every year in the game is the same copy/paste and repeat, no challenge, no unpredictable weather, nothing, just cultivate, seed, fert/spray harvest and swim in a money.

Thanks to all modders who are making this game enjoyable.
I am hoping -- albeit without any great expectation -- that the next DLC is focused on farming; we've had forestry, we have industry, can we now have farming?

Farming is a risk -- that's why some farmers invest in crop insurance. Animals can die. A dry year and yields are down, a wet year and harvest can't be brought in. This is why Realismus made Seasons in the first place!

bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Exactly.
I dont do forestry, i dont do production, i only do traditional farming which is arable + animals, but right now, its so basic that it gets boring really quickly, there is no challenge even on Hard mode, animals do not die, field work is very basic without too much penalty or mandatory steps to produce a good yield, weather is totally useless except when it rains for 5 minutes (lol), so yeah, i would love to see more love for traditional farming and animals.

Btw, google FS22 enhanced animal system, its a recent animal mod that is kinda similar to animals from Seasons FS 19 and modder will add in a later versions that animals can die if their food is 0%.