Mod request

Dpk172

Re: Mod request

Post by Dpk172 »

chedly_farms wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:19 pm
Dpk172 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:55 am Dear modders.
First, thnx for all yur good and beautiful mods.
You've put a lot of afford in it and I appreciate that dearly.
But I have a request. Van you guys build a super strength mod for consoles ? That would be super awesome. With all the work there is to be done in silver run, that realy comes in handy.

Anyway. Thnx for all the nice mods.
Best regards.
Eric.
Call it the Schwarzeneggar mod.
:hi: hahahaha that's a good one πŸ‘
Cheers mate πŸ‘
Rafer

Post by Rafer »

blue_painted wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:22 pm
PrinceJesus84 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:04 pm
blue_painted wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:41 am

So how would you register the input action for the function call without using a script?
Do your research and you'll find the answer.
The abridged version is, the act of enabling the mod would enable the ability, so no need to register anything.
My research, which was reading the SDK Lua code, reading the code in various mods ... AutoDrive, ExtraGears, CoursePlay and others .. and talking to modders on Discord, comes back with "You can't call a Lua function except from Lua" which was pretty much what I expected:

The function I'd be calling is:-
function Player:consoleCommandToggleSuperStrongMode()
(FTAOD: "console" here means the in-game console, not console as in platform)

So how about this: You tell me the unabridged version, I'll then make the mod and everyone will be happy. I'll be happy because I'll have learned more about modding, console players will be happy because they will have Super Strength, and you'll be happy because . . . you can fill that bit in yourself.
Sorry for opening this again but would it be possible to make a hand tool. That could pick something up and give that unlimited strength?
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

How do you mean? Like, gloves or a handle or something, with maybe some type of connector or tension strap function?
rjokorowski

Post by rjokorowski »

Can you guys make a 2003-2006 chevy Silverado durmax or a 2015-2016 ford f-250 diesel. Or a 2005 6.0 power stroke these trucks would be awesome
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

rjokorowski wrote: ↑Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:32 am Can you guys make a 2003-2006 chevy Silverado durmax or a 2015-2016 ford f-250 diesel. Or a 2005 6.0 power stroke these trucks would be awesome
Assuming you're on console and in case you're unaware, those brands are not licensed for console
Playing on PC and PS4
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Me, console player since 17, giddy when we get Silverado, f250, and 82 special.

New players, that's not good enough

I remember those days of enthusiastic wanting and wishing for specific mods, and then reality smacked me down lol

Keep fighting the good fight Padawan
That_guy_grizz

Re: Mod request - Court Farms

Post by That_guy_grizz »

Hey everyone, I know on PC you guys have 100 times the ability to do things that us console players do not have. Is there a way that on Console, when you own a property, that you can remove base game buildings, hedges, fences and so forth? I watched a video from Farm Sim Snowy that showed how to removed hedges and fences on Console but I have tried this and nothing works -

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9OkpGZkDQ&t=140s

I am currently on Court Farms and want to remove a fenced in area on my property and a building because it doesnt make sense for it to be there when I just want an extra space to expand, how can we make this possible?

Watched The Farm Hand with Scroft (amazing series BTW) WTG SCROFT, and on PC you can pretty much do anything with GE, us console players would love the ability to do some modding especially when you own a property, just makes sense.

Also I noticed that one farm that you can purchase, you can not remove any debris on that farm which makes it pointless to purchase that farm to begin with. Every purchasable farm area with buildings that have debris and stuff laying around, we should be able to remove those items. I have only noticed 1 area on the map that gives you that ability being that it has a sign. The other Farm that is available to purchase should also have that For Sale Sign as well...not sure why it doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
mydixiewrecked

Re: Mod request - Court Farms

Post by mydixiewrecked »

That_guy_grizz wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:05 pm Hey everyone, I know on PC you guys have 100 times the ability to do things that us console players do not have. Is there a way that on Console, when you own a property, that you can remove base game buildings, hedges, fences and so forth? I watched a video from Farm Sim Snowy that showed how to removed hedges and fences on Console but I have tried this and nothing works -

I am currently on Court Farms and want to remove a fenced in area on my property and a building because it doesnt make sense for it to be there when I just want an extra space to expand, how can we make this possible?

Watched The Farm Hand with Scroft (amazing series BTW) WTG SCROFT, and on PC you can pretty much do anything with GE, us console players would love the ability to do some modding especially when you own a property, just makes sense.

Also I noticed that one farm that you can purchase, you can not remove any debris on that farm which makes it pointless to purchase that farm to begin with. Every purchasable farm area with buildings that have debris and stuff laying around, we should be able to remove those items. I have only noticed 1 area on the map that gives you that ability being that it has a sign. The other Farm that is available to purchase should also have that For Sale Sign as well...not sure why it doesn't.

If you know your doing the delete function correctly ( placing an object and deleting) , it's probably a permanent structure,in which case your stuck with that on console.
That_guy_grizz

Post by That_guy_grizz »

mydixiewrecked wrote: ↑Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:37 am
That_guy_grizz wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:05 pm Hey everyone, I know on PC you guys have 100 times the ability to do things that us console players do not have. Is there a way that on Console, when you own a property, that you can remove base game buildings, hedges, fences and so forth? I watched a video from Farm Sim Snowy that showed how to removed hedges and fences on Console but I have tried this and nothing works -

If you know your doing the delete function correctly ( placing an object and deleting) , it's probably a permanent structure,in which case your stuck with that on console.
Yea that was my thought but watching FarmSimSnowy remove hedges and fences on Console made me think that as well. Wonder that why you cant, even if you own that property. Just wishing there was more freedom on Console ya know and you cant get rid of debris on land you purchase as well...besides one piece of land. Just gonna have to deal with is until I upgrade to PC...which is soon.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

That_guy_grizz wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:57 am

Yea that was my thought but watching FarmSimSnowy remove hedges and fences on Console made me think that as well. Wonder that why you cant, even if you own that property. Just wishing there was more freedom on Console ya know and you cant get rid of debris on land you purchase as well...besides one piece of land. Just gonna have to deal with is until I upgrade to PC...which is soon.
PC = heaven
Console= purgatory <<<<<we are here
Neither = hell

Good luck on the future PC!
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

That_guy_grizz wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:57 am Yea that was my thought but watching FarmSimSnowy remove hedges and fences on Console made me think that as well. Wonder that why you cant, even if you own that property. Just wishing there was more freedom on Console ya know and you cant get rid of debris on land you purchase as well...besides one piece of land. Just gonna have to deal with is until I upgrade to PC...which is soon.
It is not a console vs PC thing, being able sell/delete buildings etc already placed on a map is dependent on the map maker setting them up that way.

Many map makers do this to varying levels but in your case Court Farm for the most part is not set up to be customized which is a choice that OxygenDavid mostly makes with his maps, even on PC it usually requires using Giants Editor to make the changes.

If being able to customize the farm on a map is important to you I would suggest looking at Farmer Klein map reviews as they specifically cover this aspect during the review.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Angler1409 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:39 am

It is not a console vs PC thing, being able sell/delete buildings etc already placed on a map is dependent on the map maker setting them up that way.

Many map makers do this to varying levels but in your case Court Farm for the most part is not set up to be customized which is a choice that OxygenDavid mostly makes with his maps, even on PC it usually requires using Giants Editor to make the changes.

If being able to customize the farm on a map is important to you I would suggest looking at Farmer Klein map reviews as they specifically cover this aspect during the review.
Besides GE there's several mods that add the ability to remove and add things in different ways than the base game allows. Its definitely a PC advantage.
FenlandFarmer

Post by FenlandFarmer »

That_guy_grizz wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:57 am
mydixiewrecked wrote: ↑Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:37 am

dont go mad on mods when you get your pc ! done that wish i didnt !!
Guil

Post by Guil »

After I went to pc, it got to a stage that I wasn't playing the game at all and always searching for mods haha
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Guil wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:46 pm After I went to pc, it got to a stage that I wasn't playing the game at all and always searching for mods haha
Same, haha. I’ve curbed my addiction to like once a month now and it’s followed by a thorough testing routine. Not like the chaos I went through when I first got one trying to figure out which mod or combo of them was bringing my frame rate down to 1 per minute hahaha